Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

GoT - 801

Sundays 9/8c on HBO
Tyler
Owner

GoT - 801

Postby Tyler » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:13 pm

Putting pieces into play. Not a lot happened, but they are ramping up. I'll have more to say when I stole reddit and podcast thoughts later. I liked all the reunions, but there were so many I couldnt remember who were reunited last season vs this season because almost every major character is at Winterfell now.

Saw all major/minor characters except for:
Pod the Rod
Brienne
Melisandre
Grey Worm

Theon saved Yara WAAAY too easily

Danny telling Sam she executed his family. Awkward...

Watched with Corey and Wags in VR. Worked pretty well. It's probably not the best show to watch in VR because you don't crack constant jokes like you do with TWD
Tyler
Owner

Re: GoT - 801

Postby Tyler » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:00 pm

I made this joke too!

Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

GoT - 801

Postby Blue Jackets » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:27 am

wags83

GoT - 801

Postby wags83 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:09 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Grey Worm

We saw Grey Worm along side Missandei when they rode into Winterfell, but he didn't have any lines.
Tyler wrote:Source of the post Watched with Corey and Wags in VR. Worked pretty well. It's probably not the best show to watch in VR because you don't crack constant jokes like you do with TWD

It definitely worked better than any other time we've tried GoT in VR.
Tyler
Owner

GoT - 801

Postby Tyler » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:26 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post We saw Grey Worm along side Missandei when they rode into Winterfell, but he didn't have any lines.

That's right. Brienne was in the same caravan too I think.
purple_hayes

GoT - 801

Postby purple_hayes » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:27 am

Tyler wrote:Theon saved Yara WAAAY too easily

Theon saving Yara on the surface may have seemed like it was too easy, because that is the way it looked. But if Theon timed it right, it would have been easy. Remember, Euron's crew all have their tongue's cut out, a point he boasts about to Cersei. So, no one can sound the alarm that the boat is being attacked. Move fast enough so that they can't mount a defense and boom, you have Yara safe and sound.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

GoT - 801

Postby DannyFanny » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:21 am

Joke prediction: Night King and Jon Snow team up to take down Cersei. #MyTwoKings
Tyler
Owner

GoT - 801

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:30 am

DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post Joke prediction: Night King and Jon Snow team up to take down Cersei. #MyTwoKings

My brother in law is convinced Cersei and Night King team up to take down Jon.
wags83

GoT - 801

Postby wags83 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:11 am

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post
Tyler wrote:Theon saved Yara WAAAY too easily

Theon saving Yara on the surface may have seemed like it was too easy, because that is the way it looked. But if Theon timed it right, it would have been easy. Remember, Euron's crew all have their tongue's cut out, a point he boasts about to Cersei. So, no one can sound the alarm that the boat is being attacked. Move fast enough so that they can't mount a defense and boom, you have Yara safe and sound.

Speaking of this, the first dude on the ship to be killed with an arrow through the eye was Rob McElhenney of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia fame.
Tyler
Owner

Re: GoT - 801

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:21 pm

I forget. Has anyone seen the ice dragon other than Bran and the guys up at the wall? Dany and Jon haven't?
Tyler
Owner

GoT - 801

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:39 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I forget. Has anyone seen the ice dragon other than Bran and the guys up at the wall? Dany and Jon haven't?

I should have waited to post. Podcast on my walk answered the question. They haven't seen it. The first Dany knew about it was when Bran said we have no time for this because they have the dragon. Dany really didn't react to that, but she also has no reason to believe Bran I guess?

Podcast also pointed out something funny. Over the course of 7 seasons we have slowly seen the pieces put into place to have Jon, Dany, The Hound, Gendry, Tyrion, Varys, etc all end up at Winterfell. Ayra comes to Winterfell on her own after being alone for years. 2 days after being at Winterfell Jon, The Hound, Gendry all show up. 3 people who were very important to her. Her mind must be blown, but I guess Sansa probably filled her in on everything.

Thirdly. Sansa is complaining about feeding the dragons when they don't have enough food for the men. The dragons probably eat as much as 500 men, but how many men would you trade to have 1 dragon? I think a single dragon is worth like 5,000 soldiers, probably way more. It's like asking if you would rather have a foot army or a WMD.
wags83

GoT - 801

Postby wags83 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:42 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I should have waited to post. Podcast on my walk answered the question. They haven't seen it. The first Dany knew about it was when Bran said we have no time for this because they have the dragon. Dany really didn't react to that, but she also has no reason to believe Bran I guess?

Ah, good point. I kinda forgot about that. Although Jon and others from the Wall/wildlings have seen how the Night King can raise things from the dead, so maybe they already assumed that's what would happen with the dragon.
Tyler
Owner

GoT - 801

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:44 pm

wags83 wrote:Source of the post so maybe they already assumed that's what would happen with the dragon.

But how could they have known the Night King had access to an old ferry and its chains (bringing up a stupid argument from last year)
wags83

GoT - 801

Postby wags83 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:44 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
wags83 wrote:Source of the post so maybe they already assumed that's what would happen with the dragon.

But how could they have known the Night King had access to an old fairy and its chains (bringing up a stupid argument from last year)

Lol, very true.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

GoT - 801

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:45 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Thirdly. Sansa is complaining about feeding the dragons when they don't have enough food for the men. The dragons probably eat as much as 500 men, but how many men would you trade to have 1 dragon? I think a single dragon is worth like 5,000 soldiers, probably way more. It's like asking if you would rather have a foot army or a WMD.

Danerys was complaining about the dragons not eating enough. Maybe the dragons were going on a diet to be nice to the men.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

GoT - 801

Postby DannyFanny » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:37 pm

They're clearly saving room so they can eat the White Walker and Lannister armies.

Return to “Game of Thrones”