Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

s2e4 Garden of Bones

Sundays 9/8c on HBO
wags83

s2e4 Garden of Bones

Postby wags83 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:43 am

I have to say, Joffrey is one fucked up kid. And the "giving birth to a shadowy demon" scene was pretty freaky too. I just really want everyone to get along and ally with each other to take down the Lannisters, but they all just want to fight everyone.

Also, I don't think this episode showed any of the Jon Snow storyline, and I really like that storyline.
Madman999

Re: s2e4 Garden of Bones

Postby Madman999 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:01 am

It wouldn't be a drama without all the betrayal and near misses. The writer loves to out in alot of twists to keep you guessing. What you expect and what really happens will be different. He also doesn't mind killing off major characters.

I was amazed when he killed off edard stark and khal drogo in season 1 but it was in the book.

Sent from my Htc Incredible via tapatalk....
Madman999

Postby Madman999 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:02 pm

Wish they would show a little more sword fighting and battle scenes. Thus far, has been a little slow as they try to introduce the characters and lay the groundwork. Seems like no one gets more than 5 minutes of screen time.

wags83

Postby wags83 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:26 pm

Madman999 wrote: I was amazed when he killed off edard stark and khal drogo in season 1 but it was in the book.

Werd to that. I hadn't read the book when I watched the first season and as I was watching I thought for sure Ned was going to somehow be saved, but nope.
Madman999

Postby Madman999 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:25 am

What's funny about that is that the actors that played Stark and Drogo did all the promo interviews for the show so you thought they would be around a little longer.

I was also hoping Stark would get saved. Pretty shocking end to season 1. Guess that's the sign of good writing when you care enough for the characters.

arwagner

Postby arwagner » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:36 am

I was cringing so bad at the whole Joffrey storyline. He's so freaking twisted, and what is he? like 15? So gross. A normal 15 year old would enjoy two whores given to him in a completely gross, but normal way. Also, thanks for the explanation in the other thread, I had no idea.
Madman999

Postby Madman999 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:55 pm

Funny thing is the beating scene is not in the book. Just a scene tossed in by hbo. Actually the red haired prostitute doesn't play a prominent role in the book at all so all scenes with here is pure hbo.

He is twisted but in the book, it's mostly relegated to him ordering his kingsguard to beat and humiliate sansa. What's missing is there is a real bond of sympathy between sansa with the hound and tyrion in the book.

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:29 pm

arwagner wrote:I was cringing so bad at the whole Joffrey storyline. He's so freaking twisted, and what is he? like 15? So gross. A normal 15 year old would enjoy two whores given to him in a completely gross, but normal way. Also, thanks for the explanation in the other thread, I had no idea.

That was very messed up. Joffrey needs another bitch slap from his uncle.

I've also decided I really like Bronn. He isn't necessarily a good guy or bad guy, he's just along for the crazy ride.

What movie puts rats in a heated bucket while they are on someone's stomach so they dig into the flesh? I think it's Fast and Furious.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:54 pm

Yeah, Bronn's a cool dude. And I'm not sure what movie it's from, but I've seen it in other thangs before.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:01 pm

wags83 wrote:And the "giving birth to a shadowy demon" scene was pretty freaky too.

TF was up with that?!

Return to “Game of Thrones”