Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

GoT s06e04

Sundays 9/8c on HBO
Tyler
Owner

GoT s06e04

Postby Tyler » Sun May 15, 2016 8:11 pm

Watching live for once. I was NOT expecting Sansa to actually make it to Castle Black before John left. This show is all about near misses, so I thought for sure she would arrive just as he was leaving.
Tyler
Owner

GoT s06e04

Postby Tyler » Sun May 15, 2016 8:21 pm

Like Bran, Robin is a grown man now. He is taller than Littlefinger now. Littlefinger can still manipulate him as if he was a kid though.

7 year slavery transition. Danny isn't going to like that either.

Cat is out of the bag, and by cat I mean greyscale, and by bag I mean Daario knows.

Haven't seen Stark's wildling nanny in 2 years, but still sad to see her murdered. We all saw that coming though.

Pretty touching letter from Ramsey. I was surprised to hear they only have 2k people at Castle Black who can fight.

So Danny is for sure fireproof. Was that confirmed before this, or just a theory? I guess she walked out of the fire grave thinger in season 1.
Think those "dragons" were CGI?
Also, what happened to her baby, I dont remember that.
Tyler
Owner

GoT s06e04

Postby Tyler » Mon May 16, 2016 7:21 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post So Danny is for sure fireproof. Was that confirmed before this, or just a theory? I guess she walked out of the fire grave thinger in season 1.

Martin lied to us. We can never trust anything he says ever again.

George_RR_Martin: Granny, thanks for asking that. It gives me a chance to clear up a common misconception. TARGARYENS ARE NOT IMMUNE TO FIRE! The birth of Dany's dragons was unique, magical, wonderous, a miracle. She is called The Unburnt because she walked into the flames and lived. But her brother sure as hell wasn't immune to that molten gold.
Revanshe: So she won't be able to do it again?
George_RR_Martin: Probably not.
Blue Jackets

GoT s06e04

Postby Blue Jackets » Mon May 16, 2016 7:28 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Think those "dragons" were CGI?

“I’d like to remind people the last time I took my clothes off was season 3,” she says. “That was awhile ago. It’s now season 6. But this is all me, all proud, all strong. I’m just feeling genuinely happy I said ‘Yes.’ That ain’t no body double!”

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/15/ga ... larke-dany

I am glad we can finally call Stannis Baratheon dead. There have been so many people latching onto the idea he was alive because the final blow that killed him was off camera. Brienne herself says she executed him. This after the show runners say he's dead, the actor says he's dead, Roose Bolton says he's dead, etc...
itscsalvo

GoT s06e04

Postby itscsalvo » Mon May 16, 2016 2:45 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
Tyler wrote:Source of the post So Danny is for sure fireproof. Was that confirmed before this, or just a theory? I guess she walked out of the fire grave thinger in season 1.

Martin lied to us. We can never trust anything he says ever again.

George_RR_Martin: Granny, thanks for asking that. It gives me a chance to clear up a common misconception. TARGARYENS ARE NOT IMMUNE TO FIRE! The birth of Dany's dragons was unique, magical, wonderous, a miracle. She is called The Unburnt because she walked into the flames and lived. But her brother sure as hell wasn't immune to that molten gold.
Revanshe: So she won't be able to do it again?
George_RR_Martin: Probably not.

This is something that happened in the first book, and depending on when this conversation happened, he may not have thought about this situation. Also, something to note: The fires had more of a toll on Dany when she went through them the first time -- it burned off all of her hair. In the show, it really does look like she's immune to the fires, but in the book, it's more in line with a huge feat of strength to survive something like that.
itscsalvo

GoT s06e04

Postby itscsalvo » Mon May 16, 2016 2:58 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Haven't seen Stark's wildling nanny in 2 years, but still sad to see her murdered. We all saw that coming though.

Also, what happened to her baby, I dont remember that.

Poor Osha. I was rooting for her to kill Ramsay, but I knew she'd get shanked. Pretty minimalist kill for Ramsay too, since he's all about the torture and extremely gruesome deaths.

No spoilers ahead, since this was in Book 1, but it may have some effect on the future story... Read if you want.

Regarding her baby, as you know Dany was pregnant by Khal Drogo, but some shit went down. I can't remember what happened in the show, but from what I understand in the books, Khal Drogo was battling, got cut pretty good across his chest and the wound became infected. After he made a turn for the worse, Dany talked to one of the slaves there who dabbled in blood magic (called a Magi). After sacrificing Drogo's horse didn't work, the Magi said something to the effect of "it's a life for a life." Dany sacrificed her unborn baby (still in the womb) for Drogo's life. The baby was born all deformed, and apparently had scales -- pretty sure it was dead at this point. The sacrifice worked, to an extent. Drogo was mute, unable to ride, walk, or really do anything. Pretty much in a comatose state. Then Dany killed him to end his suffering. Pretty sure somewhere in here, the Magi cursed Dany from having a child until "the sun rises from the west." But Dany burned the Magi alive in Drogo's pyre.
Tyler
Owner

Re: GoT s06e04

Postby Tyler » Mon May 16, 2016 4:03 pm

A lot of that sounds familiar. I remember him getting sick and killing the horse. I thought she gave up her baby to save him but I couldn't remember for sure. I now recall him being in a vegetable state and Dany pulling the plug on it. I also remember the witch doctor lady making a joke of it all saying she didn't promise he would be his old self, just that he would be technically alive.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

GoT s06e04

Postby DannyFanny » Mon May 16, 2016 8:02 pm

Yeah that's what happened in the show too. I remember drogo's cut being a little flesh wound when his soldier pushed the blade against his chest.

Just goes to show you that infection is serious business.
wags83

GoT s06e04

Postby wags83 » Tue May 17, 2016 10:36 pm

Tormund totally wants Brienne.
Tyler
Owner

GoT s06e04

Postby Tyler » Wed May 18, 2016 6:31 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post Tormund totally wants Brienne.

Oh yeah, and she isn't immediately against it. It is probably uncommon for her to be looked at that way by an equally strong man.
itscsalvo

GoT s06e04

Postby itscsalvo » Wed May 18, 2016 8:34 pm

Call me weird, but I SO want that to happen.
Tyler
Owner

GoT s06e04

Postby Tyler » Wed May 18, 2016 9:23 pm

itscsalvo wrote:Source of the post Call me weird, but I SO want that to happen.

Not weird, everyone wants it.
Tyler
Owner

GoT s06e04

Postby Tyler » Thu May 19, 2016 6:33 am

Some (maybe popular) theories that got brought up on my podcast but I think book readers have had some of them for awhile.

The Pink Letter
Some fans believe the repetition of the line, “Come and see,” in the letter may hint at the fact that Ramsay was actually not its author. In an earlier scene in the episode, the long-absent Littlefinger pays a visit to Robin Arryn, bringing with him a birthday gift for the young lord. “Come and see,” he says as he unveils the falcon he brought for the boy.

King's Landing Fight Against the Sparrows
The Lannister's are going to allow the Tyrell's army into the city to help fight the Sparrows. Will Cersi actually aid them, or does she just want them to start a fight so she can point fingers if something goes wrong as a way to turn everyone against them.

Rickon and Osha
Were these 2 actually captured, or was it a plan by the Umbers to get Ramsey. They were once Stark loyalist, but now it seems they turned on them. Maybe they took Rickon/Osha just as a way to get to Ramsey, maybe Rickon/Osha are working for them entirely and Osha was sent in to murder Ramsey and that wasn't just her working by herself. What about Shaggy Dog though? Did they murder the wolf to further sell their plan?
wags83

GoT s06e04

Postby wags83 » Thu May 19, 2016 7:04 am

I believe it was the Umbers that brought Rickon to Ramsey. I would maybe buy that because they were always very loyal to the Starks but it would be strange that they mutilated the direwolf in that case.
itscsalvo

GoT s06e04

Postby itscsalvo » Thu May 19, 2016 11:34 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
The Pink Letter
Some fans believe the repetition of the line, “Come and see,” in the letter may hint at the fact that Ramsay was actually not its author. In an earlier scene in the episode, the long-absent Littlefinger pays a visit to Robin Arryn, bringing with him a birthday gift for the young lord. “Come and see,” he says as he unveils the falcon he brought for the boy.

I think this is a bit far-fetched. Telling someone to "come over here and check this gift out" is different than "come down here and fight me bro, we got your family." Also, Littlefinger would have to travel at the speed of light to know all of that information. This is just my assumptions, and he probably IS the mastermind behind all of it.

wags83 wrote:Source of the post I believe it was the Umbers that brought Rickon to Ramsey. I would maybe buy that because they were always very loyal to the Starks but it would be strange that they mutilated the direwolf in that case.

100% agree. There's a theory that the Umbers went north of the wall to lure a direwolf to kill it instead of Shaggydog. This is what I'm hoping for as I don't like to see the Stark direwolves dying. :/
Tyler
Owner

GoT s06e04

Postby Tyler » Thu May 19, 2016 11:46 am

itscsalvo wrote:Source of the post Also, Littlefinger would have to travel at the speed of light to know all of that information.

Hasn't that always been a show complaint? He seems to travel faster than everyone. We just have to assume no character story is happening at the same time as others'
itscsalvo

GoT s06e04

Postby itscsalvo » Thu May 19, 2016 11:51 am

Now that I'm thinking about it... Littlefinger did already have his plan in shape for attacking Winterfell. I think this theory could be true, especially since we haven't seen him up until this last episode. For the time gaps, I think Littlefinger could have gotten word that Bolton died and Rickon were captured (possibly from the Umbers) and he sent the letter as Ramsay in response to get the Nights Watch to fight.
wags83

GoT s06e04

Postby wags83 » Thu May 19, 2016 1:51 pm

Maybe he wants to ensure that they have an army coming down from Castle Black at the same time as the Eryn army from the Eyrie so as to ensure victory.
itscsalvo

GoT s06e04

Postby itscsalvo » Thu May 19, 2016 9:55 pm

wags83 wrote:Source of the post Maybe he wants to ensure that they have an army coming down from Castle Black at the same time as the Eryn army from the Eyrie so as to ensure victory.

Maaayyyyybee. Or maybe he wants to make sure Jon Snow is injured so he can finish him off, marry Sansa, kill her, and then have all of Winterfell and the Warden of the North for himself. I think Littlefinger is could definitely be one of the most underrated characters in the show/books. But again, this is just a theory I'm formulating....
Tyler
Owner

Re: GoT s06e04

Postby Tyler » Thu May 19, 2016 10:16 pm

I don't think he's underrated. He got Joffrey killed

Return to “Game of Thrones”