Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

GoT s06e06

Sundays 9/8c on HBO
Tyler
Owner

GoT s06e06

Postby Tyler » Sun May 29, 2016 10:43 pm

How logical is Sam's and John's plan? It takes years to travel and learn what he needs to learn. How will he ever do that before the white walkers move south?

Does Margery actually believe this stuff or is she playing along to get Tommy under her finger again?

Ayra is in a world of trouble. How can you run away from the faceless men?
Tyler
Owner

Re: GoT s06e06

Postby Tyler » Sun May 29, 2016 10:49 pm

I'm confused with what's going on with the host of the Red Wedding and whoever that was in chains. Who actually controls River run?

Danny has complete control over her dragon now? Did she summon him there?
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

GoT s06e06

Postby DannyFanny » Mon May 30, 2016 11:37 am

Yeah Sam's plan will take a long time to work effectively. However he has a sword made from valyrian steel which is easily a +10 damage to White Walkers

I'm split on this. Part playing the game part brainwashed

Ayra done fucked up.

I think originally the House Tully (Catelyn Starks maiden family) controlled RiverRun. After the Red Wedding, The Fray's seized control.

Dany finally earned enough badges to control her chari... dragons.
itscsalvo

GoT s06e06

Postby itscsalvo » Mon May 30, 2016 1:47 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post How logical is Sam's and John's plan? It takes years to travel and learn what he needs to learn. How will he ever do that before the white walkers move south?

I think they're riding on the fact that Sam is smart as shit, but maybe they just need him to learn a little bit to get his maester's chains.

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Does Margery actually believe this stuff or is she playing along to get Tommy under her finger again?

I think she's playing with Tommen and/or getting back at Cersi. I think the Faith is no harm to her, but she had to allow her brother to go through some hardship due to his sins. She understands that Cersi allowed the Faith to have more power, and I think she can see that Cersi is also getting some shit by allowing the Faith to have more power, so it's not surprising that Margery can take advantage of that.

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Ayra is in a world of trouble. How can you run away from the faceless men?

This is a good question. I feel like she'll always be questioning everyone and everything. I feel like there's a good chance Arya could die this season and then someone else will take her face so she'll continue in a later season. ;)

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I'm confused with what's going on with the host of the Red Wedding and whoever that was in chains. Who actually controls River run?

I'll give you a quick summary. Dude who hosted wedding was Walder Frey. Robb Stark was set to marry one of his daughters. He didn't, married that other girl and knocked her up. The Red Wedding was the Tully/Stark way of trying to make things right -- marrying Edmure Tully to one of Frey's daughters. Unfortunately, we know what happened at that wedding. The guy in chains is Edmure Tully, who has been held captive at the Twins since his wedding (the red wedding).

Since the red wedding, the Frey's have had Riverrun and held the Blackfish there. The Blackfish is the nickname of Catelyn Tully's uncle, Brynden Tully. He ended up escaping, since the Frey's are stupid as fuck. After he lost them, I think they left Riverrun, and the Blackfish returned to take it back.

So in next week's episode, we'll see where Jamie has to talk to the Blackfish and attempt to get Riverrun back to the Frey's, most likely bargaining with Edmure's life. (this has happened in the book, but I can't really remember what happened.)

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Danny has complete control over her dragon now? Did she summon him there?

In the behind the scenes part, D.B. Weiss alluded that Dany has a strong connection with Drogon, so she sensed him there. In the book, she does have a stronger relationship with Drogon, and I think it's stronger now since she's most likely thinking about Khal Drogo even more since she's with the Dothraki again.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon May 30, 2016 2:19 pm

Thanks Danny and Salvo, that helped fill in my gaps.
wags83

GoT s06e06

Postby wags83 » Tue May 31, 2016 8:49 pm

Finally got a chance to watch. Glad to see Benjen is back. I always suspected that "Cold Hands" in the book was Benjen Stark.
Tyler
Owner

GoT s06e06

Postby Tyler » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:37 am

Freeze frames of the visions Bran saw

http://imgur.com/gallery/5WMdv/new
Tyler
Owner

GoT s06e06

Postby Tyler » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:37 pm

Are Brienne and Jamie going to meet up at River Run and fall in love again?
wags83

GoT s06e06

Postby wags83 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:06 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Are Brienne and Jamie going to meet up at River Run and fall in love again?

They'll most definitely meet and Jamie will be conflicted because he cares about her.
CrckrJack

GoT s06e06

Postby CrckrJack » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:36 pm

wags83 wrote:Source of the post
Tyler wrote:Source of the post Are Brienne and Jamie going to meet up at River Run and fall in love again?

They'll most definitely meet and Jamie will be conflicted because he cares about her.

what a puss
ritterc

GoT s06e06

Postby ritterc » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:08 pm

Oh my god.

This is going to happen. Except Tormund will go ballistic and they will fight over her.

Calling it now. Tormund kills Jamie Lannister.
Tyler
Owner

GoT s06e06

Postby Tyler » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:11 pm

But Tormund isn't going with her there. She's going alone, right? Tormund, John, and Sansa are going to recruit other Northern villages?
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:53 pm

Salvo was just telling me last week how he's sad his favorite book character of Coldhands isn't making it to the show. Is Benjen Coldhands now?
itscsalvo

GoT s06e06

Postby itscsalvo » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:46 pm

Coldhands did make it into the show, and it was revealed that Coldhands IS Benjen Stark. 20 year old mystery solved.
Blue Jackets

GoT s06e06

Postby Blue Jackets » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:18 am

Does anyone think Jaqen was talking about the non-Arya girl when he said "shame, the girl showed much promise" (or whatever the line was). Faceless men are not suppose to have feelings or emotions, but the girl clearly dislikes Arya and wants to kill her. Is she also a trainee and will fail because she wants to kill Arya just because she dislikes her?
Blue Jackets

GoT s06e06

Postby Blue Jackets » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:23 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Danny has complete control over her dragon now? Did she summon him there?

I don't like that she mounted Drogo off scene. They didn't explain at all how she went from hopping on his back last season and not being able to command him, to having complete control.
wags83

GoT s06e06

Postby wags83 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:41 am

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post Does anyone think Jaqen was talking about the non-Arya girl when he said "shame, the girl showed much promise" (or whatever the line was). Faceless men are not suppose to have feelings or emotions, but the girl clearly dislikes Arya and wants to kill her. Is she also a trainee and will fail because she wants to kill Arya just because she dislikes her?

Interesting theory, I could see that.
Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post

I don't like that she mounted Drogo off scene. They didn't explain at all how she went from hopping on his back last season and not being able to command him, to having complete control.

Well she brought him a snack of a horse this time, so he was willing to listen.
Tyler
Owner

GoT s06e06

Postby Tyler » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:46 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post Well she brought him a snack of a horse this time, so he was willing to listen.

Haha. First I heard of someone addressing she left with a horse and came back with a dragon. It would make sense that the horse became dinner.
CrckrJack

GoT s06e06

Postby CrckrJack » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:15 am

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post Does anyone think Jaqen was talking about the non-Arya girl when he said "shame, the girl showed much promise" (or whatever the line was). Faceless men are not suppose to have feelings or emotions, but the girl clearly dislikes Arya and wants to kill her. Is she also a trainee and will fail because she wants to kill Arya just because she dislikes her?

Yeah but Arya is still fucked because she didn't kill the lady, right? What a wimp. I hate her. She should have become the assassin we all wish to be.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

GoT s06e06

Postby DannyFanny » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:32 am

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post Yeah but Arya is still fucked because she didn't kill the lady, right? What a wimp. I hate her. She should have become the assassin we all wish to be.

Damn her and her sense of morals.

I'm guessing Arya kills the waif and then opens her own assassin guild called the faceless women because she's progressive and doesn't need no man

Return to “Game of Thrones”