GoT s06e08

Sundays 9/8c on HBO
purple_hayes

GoT s06e08

Postby purple_hayes » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:56 pm

CrckrJack wrote:
purple_hayes wrote:Source of the postIts show business... not physically accurate. FYI, you can be stabbed in the gut and live. Being stabbed in the liver, which I believe she was stabbed in, is not a death blow. I do agree the whole storyline was wasted. You had such an opportunity to do something with Arya's character along with Jaqen, who is a fascinating character in himself, but you drop the ball to fall flat. Was so ready for this storyline to be over by ep 02 this season. Was like, just kill Arya off... gaawd. This experience has seemed to make her realize her true potential. That she is a much stronger person than she would allow herself to be.

I thought assassin Arya was the best plot this season so far.

You can not be serious... they could have pulled a Bran on Arya to tell a better story. Does Arya really have any purpose this season? Other than the actor who plays Jaqen (Tom Wlaschiha) being such a great talent... why was that storyline ever told? You could have had Arya missing for a season, much like Bran, and still had the same impact when she came back. Unless it plays out in the final season, at this moment, it was a useless storyline.
ritterc

GoT s06e08

Postby ritterc » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:59 pm

I highly doubt it will be a useless plot. I'm sure she will use the talents, I.E., her fighting in the "blind" of some sorts, to help her back in Westeros. I think she's got a lot of potential to be an assasain of sorts. Remember, she's been gone for how long now? And in every one of her "faceless" missions, she was still using her own face. Just hiding in plain sight.

..but if she just goes back to Winterfell to join everyone, I completely agree that it was totally a waste of our time.
purple_hayes

GoT s06e08

Postby purple_hayes » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:09 pm

I just can't see Arya being the piece that pushes the tides of change one way or another in this epic. I'm sure she will be used in some way shape or form. I just am not able to see it. I know Game of Thrones loves to use foreshadowing. I just can't think of a way this storyline has set her up for future ventures. At this point, it would seem her storyline is over and now she is going home to take her rightful place next to her family. She is going to be way too late to help in the battle next week's episode. Maybe she goes to the Vail to kill Little Finger and what ever his name is, the freak kid, Robin or Robert I think, to take over the Vail. As no Army has conquered the Vail... maybe a trained assassin will take it over?
ritterc

GoT s06e08

Postby ritterc » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:39 pm

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post Maybe she goes to the Vail to kill Little Finger and what ever his name is, the freak kid, Robin or Robert I think, to take over the Vail. As no Army has conquered the Vail... maybe a trained assassin will take it over?

Now that, sir, is an interesting theory. :clap:
CrckrJack

GoT s06e08

Postby CrckrJack » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:59 pm

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post You can not be serious... they could have pulled a Bran on Arya to tell a better story. Does Arya really have any purpose this season? Other than the actor who plays Jaqen (Tom Wlaschiha) being such a great talent... why was that storyline ever told? You could have had Arya missing for a season, much like Bran, and still had the same impact when she came back. Unless it plays out in the final season, at this moment, it was a useless storyline.

If they had continued with the assassin plot it would have been awesome. But yes, cutting it completely out is a waste of time.

Whenever I play any elder scrolls games I always do Dark Brotherhood and Thieves guild first because they are freaking awesome, and the faceless men is essentially those two things from Elder Scrolls.
wags83

GoT s06e08

Postby wags83 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:09 pm

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post finally we find out who the true butt twin is.

LOLZ!!!! Glad this is still a thing.
Watson2000

GoT s06e08

Postby Watson2000 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:20 pm

Wallinguana wrote:Source of the post Has anyone mentioned that Blackfish supposedly died undramatically offscreen. Any theories about that?

Perhaps the actor didn't have the time or skill to learn a fight sequence?

Besides, it helps with rumors...we didn't see him die on screen (although, that doesn't mean much now either with that Fire god dude bringing people back willy nilly), so maybe he'll show up after all...with no army...silly uncles and their empty handed gifts. I wanted an Army uncle, and army!
Watson2000

GoT s06e08

Postby Watson2000 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:27 pm

purple_hayes wrote:So, let me get this straight... a TV show that has giants, shadow monsters, dragons, fire magic, people coming back from the dead, an undead body guard, an undead army not to mention the gigantic ice wall to stop the army... you have trouble believing someone could survive a stabbing to the gut. Google it, you can survive. Stopping the bleeding is your main priority in surviving. But even in the show... we have seen people survive worse... a hand getting cut off is pretty big wound.

Maybe, maybe the gut stabbing can be survived, but jumping in that filth of a river/stream/canal? That would be like cutting your toe on a rock soaking it in the Ganga river to clean it.
purple_hayes

GoT s06e08

Postby purple_hayes » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:03 pm

CrckrJack wrote:
purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post You can not be serious... they could have pulled a Bran on Arya to tell a better story. Does Arya really have any purpose this season? Other than the actor who plays Jaqen (Tom Wlaschiha) being such a great talent... why was that storyline ever told? You could have had Arya missing for a season, much like Bran, and still had the same impact when she came back. Unless it plays out in the final season, at this moment, it was a useless storyline.

If they had continued with the assassin plot it would have been awesome. But yes, cutting it completely out is a waste of time.

Whenever I play any elder scrolls games I always do Dark Brotherhood and Thieves guild first because they are freaking awesome, and the faceless men is essentially those two things from Elder Scrolls.

I know those two quest lines are amazing. You see Elder Scrolls Online has added a Dark Brotherhood quest line.

I can see your point there, the Arya storyline could have gone there but who knows what they'll do.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

GoT s06e08

Postby DannyFanny » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:43 pm

purple_hayes wrote:I know those two quest lines are amazing. You see Elder Scrolls Online has added a Dark Brotherhood quest line.

I can see your point there, the Arya storyline could have gone there but who knows what they'll do.

Brotherhood and Thieves Guild are two of the more fun questlines in Elder Scrolls.
How is ESO? I've been thinking about picking it up.
Tyler
Owner

Re: GoT s06e08

Postby Tyler » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:39 pm

You guys are all really good at using the quote function.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

GoT s06e08

Postby DannyFanny » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:52 pm

Tyler wrote:You guys are all really good at using the quote function.

I blame your broken forum
purple_hayes

GoT s06e08

Postby purple_hayes » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:45 am

DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post

Brotherhood and Thieves Guild are two of the more fun questlines in Elder Scrolls.
How is ESO? I've been thinking about picking it up.

I don't have it yet. When I upgrade my graphics card to the new GTX 1070, I plan on getting it. The Bethesda showcase at E3 did show snip its from the game for the Dark Brotherhood storyline, and it looked amazing. More of the Oblivion feel than Skyrim, where you had to use more cunning and guile to kill someone. The One Tamriel concept sounds like something they should have started from the beginning. I guess at first, ESO, you were restricted by level and experience from doing certain quests, going to certain areas of the map, or joining raiding parties. With One Tamriel, you no longer have those restrictions.
Tyler
Owner

GoT s06e08

Postby Tyler » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:53 pm

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post You are correct, I missed that. Looked like they only took one or two but it was the full fleet moving out. My bad.

Maybe it wasn't the full fleet. We found out tonight it was 100 ships

Return to “Game of Thrones”