Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

GoT s06e08

Sundays 9/8c on HBO
Tyler
Owner

GoT s06e08

Postby Tyler » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:51 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post I don't remember if this happened in the show, but in the book they actually find a huge cache of wildfire and use that for the battle of the Blackwater. Did that happen in the show already?

Yes it did.
wags83

GoT s06e08

Postby wags83 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:56 am

Then I wouldn't imagine the "rumor" is about that. Seems dumb to do the same thing twice. Plus, what would she do with it? Burn down all of Kings Landing?
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

GoT s06e08

Postby DannyFanny » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:51 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Are you agreeing or disagreeing that is what Cersie and Qyburn could have been talking about that this week, or are you just stating a fact?

I don't recall the context of the conversation. But I'm saying that she knows Wildfire exists. Now she could be asking if there really is a huge cache or if that's just a rumor.
Tyler
Owner

GoT s06e08

Postby Tyler » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:00 am

DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post Now she could be asking if there really is a huge cache or if that's just a rumor.

That's what I think it could be. Yes, she knows the magical stuff is real, but she has heard rumors that more of it exists.
CrckrJack

GoT s06e08

Postby CrckrJack » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:41 am

I bet it's rumors about time travel and she can go back in time to when she had long hair and power.
purple_hayes

GoT s06e08

Postby purple_hayes » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:28 pm

This seemed like a filler episode to me. The show moved along some smaller storylines to allow one episode to be spent telling the 'Battle of the Bastards'.

The completion of the Arya in Bravos story arc was needed as you are beginning to see the reformation of the Stark family in the North. Sansa and Jon have already met up, Rickon will be in Winterfell if Jon and Sansa are victorious, and now Arya is on her way to home.

Where ever Varys was off to, he didn't seem he would be coming back. So I don't believe he is meeting up with Theon and his sister, as said before, they are coming to see Daeny. Plus, Varys wouldn't go to them for ships as they only have two or three. They didn't take the fleet, but only the fastest ships. Varys could be off to the Tully's, as the Mother of Dragons could be a valuable ally to them... the enemy of my enemy is my friend kinda thing, but both sides want the crown and the Iron Throne.

I don't think we will ever see Mountain vs Hound battle, even if the trial by combat was still valid. The Hound is considered a deserter and also considered dead. Plus, the Hound is deathly afraid of his brother the Mountain after the Mountain burnt his face. It would seem that Margorie is playing along with the Sparrow, as the note to her grandmother would indicate. But what is her end game? it seems she drawing the church into the crown more... or is she manipulating them to get rid of Cersei death grip on the crown.

The conversation between Cersei and Qyvon (sp) was interesting. IF they were discussing the wildfire, at what extent, because as stated before, Cersei is well aware of its existence from both of her brothers. Jamie killed the Mad King to stop him from using it on the people of King's Landing. I am wondering if there is a huge cache under the Sparrow that he is unaware of and to snuff out the church, she plans to explode that cache. Per Jamie and Tyrion, there are huge caches hidden through King's Landing. Which good, because they are going to need when the White Walkers come.

The meeting of Jaime and Brienne along with Pod and Bronn gave you the feel of the calm before the storm. That soon all hell will break loose on the region, whether its when Daeny attacks for the crown or if the White Walkers break the spell on the Ice Wall to move South.
CrckrJack

GoT s06e08

Postby CrckrJack » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:39 pm

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post Plus, Varys wouldn't go to them for ships as they only have two or three. They didn't take the fleet, but only the fastest ships.

They took the entirety (or near all) of the fleet. Theon's sister said that she wants to reach Danny and do the same as her uncle wanted to do.

Also the Uncle tells everyone after he drowns to start building ships.
purple_hayes

GoT s06e08

Postby purple_hayes » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:54 pm

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post
They took the entirety (or near all) of the fleet. Theon's sister said that she wants to reach Danny and do the same as her uncle wanted to do.

Also the Uncle tells everyone after he drowns to start building ships.

You are correct, I missed that. Looked like they only took one or two but it was the full fleet moving out. My bad.
Tyler
Owner

GoT s06e08

Postby Tyler » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:08 pm

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post don't think we will ever see Mountain vs Hound battle, even if the trial by combat was still valid.

I am still holding out for this to happen as some sort of ultra fan service.
Tyler
Owner

GoT s06e08

Postby Tyler » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:14 pm

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post The completion of the Arya in Bravos story arc was needed as you are beginning to see the reformation of the Stark family in the North. Sansa and Jon have already met up, Rickon will be in Winterfell if Jon and Sansa are victorious, and now Arya is on her way to home.

Sure, they needed to get her back to Westeros, but they could have done it so much better. This was a horrible plot. I am sure Jaqen will show up again, but in the mean time all of this fell flat. SHE WAS STABBED IN THE INTESTINE AND LIVED!
purple_hayes

GoT s06e08

Postby purple_hayes » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:17 pm

Tyler wrote:
purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post don't think we will ever see Mountain vs Hound battle, even if the trial by combat was still valid.

I am still holding out for this to happen as some sort of ultra fan service.

So, you want brothers to fight to the death? How about the Glass Bowl? Battle of the Twins... finally we find out who the true butt twin is.

As the Mountain is undead now, he would destroy the Hound. the Mountain FTW
purple_hayes

GoT s06e08

Postby purple_hayes » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:24 pm

Tyler wrote:
purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post The completion of the Arya in Bravos story arc was needed as you are beginning to see the reformation of the Stark family in the North. Sansa and Jon have already met up, Rickon will be in Winterfell if Jon and Sansa are victorious, and now Arya is on her way to home.

Sure, they needed to get her back to Westeros, but they could have done it so much better. This was a horrible plot. I am sure Jaqen will show up again, but in the mean time all of this fell flat. SHE WAS STABBED IN THE INTESTINE AND LIVED!

Its show business... not physically accurate. FYI, you can be stabbed in the gut and live. Being stabbed in the liver, which I believe she was stabbed in, is not a death blow. I do agree the whole storyline was wasted. You had such an opportunity to do something with Arya's character along with Jaqen, who is a fascinating character in himself, but you drop the ball to fall flat. Was so ready for this storyline to be over by ep 02 this season. Was like, just kill Arya off... gaawd. This experience has seemed to make her realize her true potential. That she is a much stronger person than she would allow herself to be.
Tyler
Owner

GoT s06e08

Postby Tyler » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:27 pm

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post FYI, you can be stabbed in the gut and live.

No. No you can not be stabbed like that, have the knife twisted, and survive. A theater performed sewed up her skin but did nothing for all of the internal bleeding.

CrckrJack

GoT s06e08

Postby CrckrJack » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:28 pm

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the postIts show business... not physically accurate. FYI, you can be stabbed in the gut and live. Being stabbed in the liver, which I believe she was stabbed in, is not a death blow. I do agree the whole storyline was wasted. You had such an opportunity to do something with Arya's character along with Jaqen, who is a fascinating character in himself, but you drop the ball to fall flat. Was so ready for this storyline to be over by ep 02 this season. Was like, just kill Arya off... gaawd. This experience has seemed to make her realize her true potential. That she is a much stronger person than she would allow herself to be.

I thought assassin Arya was the best plot this season so far.
CrckrJack

GoT s06e08

Postby CrckrJack » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:28 pm

Hey guys Martin, posted, time to roast him :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
purple_hayes

GoT s06e08

Postby purple_hayes » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:43 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post FYI, you can be stabbed in the gut and live.

No. No you can not be stabbed like that, have the knife twisted, and survive. A theater performed sewed up her skin but did nothing for all of the internal bleeding.

So, let me get this straight... a TV show that has giants, shadow monsters, dragons, fire magic, people coming back from the dead, an undead body guard, an undead army not to mention the gigantic ice wall to stop the army... you have trouble believing someone could survive a stabbing to the gut. Google it, you can survive. Stopping the bleeding is your main priority in surviving. But even in the show... we have seen people survive worse... a hand getting cut off is pretty big wound.
Wallinguana

GoT s06e08

Postby Wallinguana » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:44 pm

Has anyone mentioned that Blackfish supposedly died undramatically offscreen. Any theories about that?
Tyler
Owner

GoT s06e08

Postby Tyler » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:48 pm

Wallinguana wrote:Source of the post Has anyone mentioned that Blackfish supposedly died undramatically offscreen. Any theories about that?

I think it's lame it happened that way, but they didn't leave a lot of room to theorize. They claim he died fighting and that they would show Jamie the body. Jamie knows what he looks like so they can't claim a dead body is his unless it is.
Tyler
Owner

GoT s06e08

Postby Tyler » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:50 pm

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post So, let me get this straight... a TV show that has giants, shadow monsters, dragons, fire magic, people coming back from the dead, an undead body guard, an undead army not to mention the gigantic ice wall to stop the army... you have trouble believing someone could survive a stabbing to the gut. Google it, you can survive. Stopping the bleeding is your main priority in surviving. But even in the show... we have seen people survive worse... a hand getting cut off is pretty big wound.

Yes.
CrckrJack

GoT s06e08

Postby CrckrJack » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:55 pm

Just wait until the time travel

Return to “Game of Thrones”