Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Jamie and Tyrion

Sundays 9/8c on HBO
wags83

Jamie and Tyrion

Postby wags83 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:06 pm

Something interesting to think about is the relationship between these two brothers and what will happen as the story nears it's end. In the books, Jamie seems to almost hate Tyrion after he helps him escape and Tyrion kills the father. That doesn't seem to be as much the case in the show. I'm wondering what side Jamie will be on if/when Danaerys comes to take over Westeros and if Tyrion will plead mercy for his brother to Dany.
Tyler
Owner

Jamie and Tyrion

Postby Tyler » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:33 am

Clearly Jamie cared about his brother enough to help him escape, but I don't remember his reaction when Tyrion killed their father. Was he upset by this?

Unfortunately Jamie loves/in love with his sister, and his sister hates Tyrion, so if it ever came between choosing a side Jamie would pick the one his sister did.
wags83

Jamie and Tyrion

Postby wags83 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:48 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Unfortunately Jamie loves/in love with his sister, and his sister hates Tyrion, so if it ever came between choosing a side Jamie would pick the one his sister did.

That's the part I'm not so sure about. It shows it more clearly in the book, but Jamie and Cersei have kind of a falling out after their dad gets killed. I don't know if Jamie could force himself to fight against Tyrion.
itscsalvo

Jamie and Tyrion

Postby itscsalvo » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:59 am

Yes, the relationships in the books are dramatically different than in the show. I feel like Jamie could actually end up killing Cersi in the books, but in the show, I feel he could end up killing Tyrion, if given the choice between those two.

Also, book Jamie is much more likeable.
CrckrJack

Jamie and Tyrion

Postby CrckrJack » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:10 pm

I liked the return of badass Jamie this last episode. Very awesome. top notch psychopath
Burkitt

Jamie and Tyrion

Postby Burkitt » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:06 am

Will be interesting to see what happens in the next series now that Jamie and Tyrion are on different sides. I reckon Jamie will side with Tyrion.
Tyler
Owner

Jamie and Tyrion

Postby Tyler » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:01 am

Burkitt wrote:Source of the post I reckon Jamie will side with Tyrion.

I could also see this happening. Which means Jamie is siding with the Mother of Dragons.
SleepyChimera

Jamie and Tyrion

Postby SleepyChimera » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:34 am

I just want to say that I finished reading the 5th book last night. I am so baffled. It leaves off COMPLETELY different than the show went. Like... there are things that are in the book that NEVER happened or were hinted at in the show, or the show did something completely different. I can put in some examples in a spoiler tag if people are interested. Obviously the show left off farther on than the books do but even still.. SOOOOO different. Not sure if I'm upset or intrigued by this though.. :/

Return to “Game of Thrones”