Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

GoT s06e09

Sundays 9/8c on HBO
itscsalvo

GoT s06e09

Postby itscsalvo » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:09 pm

ritterc wrote:Source of the postI loved it from a T.V. standpoint, but I'm sad from a Game of Thrones standpoint. That episode was not Game of Thrones enough. Every time you think you know what's going to happen (in the past) you get destroyed. Remember those feels during the Red Wedding? I thought they were close when Jon was going to die a meaningless death by trample from his own people, and Tormund looked like he was going to die, but then they saved them both.

I don't think anyone could have put it better than that. The battle was very predictable, and I think a more fitting GoT-style ending would have been the knights of the vale appearing AFTER the battle had been completed, with one side victorious. However, given what the Stark family and the free folk have been through, I'm glad they had a win at SOME POINT in this damn show. The is the ONE time this entire series where the family isn't being shit on. Just give it to them for once.
wags83

GoT s06e09

Postby wags83 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:12 pm

Except for the youngest Stark male being killed...
Watson2000

GoT s06e09

Postby Watson2000 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:13 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post
ritterc wrote:Source of the post nd Tim and Chris, not to call you out, but the Knights of the Vale haven't fought for anyone but themselves for YEARS as they talked about in earlier episodes in the season. There's no way that anyone in the WORLD would have know they would come to Sansa's aid, because Sansa never told ANYONE about her and Littlefinger's agreement. Not even Bree'ann or however you spell her name. So in the grand scheme of things, Ramsay all but had that battle won

Oh, I know. I never said it was obvious from a show perspective. It's just stupid as hell how they did it. They could have come after the calvary was all dead and then been strategic about everything. It didn't have to be a literal circle fight after they were screwed.

If I were a surviving lord that supported Jon and Sansa, I would seriously be rethinking about putting them up for the head of the north... Jon just showed he's not capable of leading in combat (even though he lead the defense of the wall like a brilliant man...). And I'm sorry Martin, I can't buy the whole, he just saw his brother get killed, lost it, and all his men did also lost it? Sansa not raising her hand and saying, "Hey guys, I might have some people coming to help...maybe hold off a day or two?". I know she talked to Jon about getting more men, and he said there are no more...arg, it was frustrating.

Would of much rather seen Jon be the tactical wizard we saw at the battle of the wall, keeping the battle even, back and forth with his defense, and then Little Finger ride in to save the day.

And Chris, you're right...hey there's a wall of shields slowly working their way around us...I'm going to watch... And even if the shield does complete the circle, have the giant pick a dead horse up in each hand and start swinging at the shield creating a big hole.

And no one on the wall saw the giant running up to the gate and called out a warning?

Sorry, I'm going off on my rants again...I'll stop.

Hope you all are well and having a great day! :angelic-little:
itscsalvo

GoT s06e09

Postby itscsalvo » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:27 pm

Watson2000 wrote:Source of the postHope you all are well and having a great day! :angelic-little:

I just chortled at work. :animals-chickencatch:
CrckrJack

GoT s06e09

Postby CrckrJack » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:36 pm

itscsalvo wrote:Source of the post :animals-chickencatch:
LOL
purple_hayes

GoT s06e09

Postby purple_hayes » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:48 pm

Did James and Chris just write this article for Cinema Blend?
http://www.cinemablend.com/television/1 ... never-rule

I don't think Jon is the one to want to lead anyone, just like Jamie Lannister. Lets not forget that Jamie was defeated by Jon's brother Rob who had less men than Jamie. Jamie was considered one of the best swordsmen in the land, that doesn't always equate to the best leader or field general. I do believe that the North is rallying around Jon because of the void of a true leader. Jon isn't this battle-tested grissly old fart like Old Mormont was. He is basically a young squire to the Night's Watch Commander who has been thrust into this role. He will make mistakes. He won the battle at Castle Black. I'm not saying he will sit on the Iron Throne... but I could see him joining in a truce much like Yara Greyjoy just did. That Danearys will rule but Jon will be Warden of the North, if he survives the Knight King
Tyler
Owner

GoT s06e09

Postby Tyler » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:07 pm

wags83 wrote:Source of the post Except for the youngest Stark male being killed...

Who?
Tyler
Owner

GoT s06e09

Postby Tyler » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:08 pm

Watson2000 wrote:Source of the post And even if the shield does complete the circle, have the giant pick a dead horse up in each hand and start swinging at the shield creating a big hole.

It was silly they didn't cut down a tree and give him a club before the battle. Sure he is a giant, but weapons could make him even more powerful.
itscsalvo

GoT s06e09

Postby itscsalvo » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:11 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
wags83 wrote:Source of the post Except for the youngest Stark male being killed...

Who?

Did you even watch the episode? Rickon, you fool! The Stark who has no idea how to juke.
Tyler
Owner

GoT s06e09

Postby Tyler » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:49 pm

itscsalvo wrote:Source of the post

Who?

Did you even watch the episode? Rickon, you fool! The Stark who has no idea how to juke.

purple_hayes

GoT s06e09

Postby purple_hayes » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:32 am

Read this article this morning:
http://www.refinery29.com/2016/06/11462 ... ones-scene

Really great catch. Back in season 5, Littlefinger promises Cersei the prize of Winterfell. Now that Jon has all but wiped out his own troops and the full force of the Knights of the Vail are occupying Winterfell with Sansa and Jon, will Littlefinger just go home? I think we have our twist for the finale.
itscsalvo

GoT s06e09

Postby itscsalvo » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:59 am

itscsalvo wrote:Source of the post

Who?

You're bad at jokes.

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post Read this article this morning:
http://www.refinery29.com/2016/06/11462 ... ones-scene

Really great catch. Back in season 5, Littlefinger promises Cersei the prize of Winterfell. Now that Jon has all but wiped out his own troops and the full force of the Knights of the Vail are occupying Winterfell with Sansa and Jon, will Littlefinger just go home? I think we have our twist for the finale.

This is very interesting, indeed. I'm hoping you're right, but I don't think it'd be in the finale. Probably something mid next season. :/
Watson2000

GoT s06e09

Postby Watson2000 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:46 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0dA9eUP85s

Leeroy Jeeeennnnnnkkkkkiiiiinnnnnnsssssss!!!!!!!
Tyler
Owner

Re: GoT s06e09

Postby Tyler » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:54 pm

Lol. Awesome find James.

Off topic question for tim. Do non WoW players only know about WoW becsuse of they video? They should have had a character called Leroy in the movie
Blue Jackets

GoT s06e09

Postby Blue Jackets » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:41 am

One of the Best Bits From Game of Thrones' 'Battle of the Bastards' Wasn't in the Original Script
http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv ... al-script/

Miguel Sapochnik, the episode's director, told Entertainment Weekly that the scene – in which Jon Snow is almost smothered by a horde of his own men – was a last-minute addition.

It was added because they didn't have enough time to film more battle
CrckrJack

GoT s06e09

Postby CrckrJack » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:52 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Lol. Awesome find James.

Off topic question for tim. Do non WoW players only know about WoW becsuse of they video? They should have had a character called Leroy in the movie

Do you know anything about WoW other than Leroy Jenkins?
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: GoT s06e09

Postby Tyler » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:54 am

CrckrJack wrote:Do you know anything about WoW other than Leroy Jenkins?

Only that frickin nerds play it
CrckrJack

GoT s06e09

Postby CrckrJack » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:58 am

CrckrJack wrote:Do you know anything about WoW other than Leroy Jenkins?

Only that frickin nerds play it

lol. i would say that just about everyone in the populace knows about leroy jenkins or the southpark wow episode.

My parents still ask me if I have gotten the "Sword of 1000 truths"
Watson2000

GoT s06e09

Postby Watson2000 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:56 am

Thought of this on the way into work this morning...where the heck was Jon's wolf this episode? Would of been cool to see Jon riding a dire wolf through the gates...
wags83

GoT s06e09

Postby wags83 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:09 am

Probably keeps him caged up for protection since it's the only dire wolf left. Except Nymeria, but she's out in the wilderness.

Return to “Game of Thrones”