Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

GoT s06e09

Sundays 9/8c on HBO
Tyler
Owner

GoT s06e09

Postby Tyler » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:01 pm

We know next week is Battle of the Bastards but John and Ramsey can't fill a whole episode. Who are some other bastards we haven't seen for awhile? The Sand Snakes! Dorne (sp) has been awfully quiet this season
wags83

GoT s06e09

Postby wags83 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:28 pm

I heard somewhere that they are leaving Dorne out of this season.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

GoT s06e09

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:04 pm

Its going to be the battle, so I think it will be solely focused on that. It's the largest budget episode to date
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: GoT s06e09

Postby Tyler » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:06 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Its going to be the battle, so I think it will be solely focused on that. It's the largest budget episode to date

Prove it. Is episode 10 higher than 9?
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

GoT s06e09

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:54 pm

Says this episode had a battle that cost 10 million http://www.forbes.com/sites/hayleycucci ... e030644b22
wags83

GoT s06e09

Postby wags83 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:20 pm

If I remember right, the Battle of the Blackwater was an episode that only focused on the battle, so it's not unprecedented.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: GoT s06e09

Postby Tyler » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:31 pm

wags83 wrote:If I remember right, the Battle of the Blackwater was an episode that only focused on the battle, so it's not unprecedented.

Werd, same with the battle at the wall with the wildlings. I think those are the only 2 episodes to feature 1 plot for the whole thing.
purple_hayes

GoT s06e09

Postby purple_hayes » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:41 am

I believe ep 08 was the way it was (wrapping up or continuing small storylines) so they could focus this whole episode on the 'Battle of the Bastards'. Not only was the Battle of Black Water one full episode, so was the battle of the Wildings at Castle Black. So, the show has shown they have no problems filling an episode about one battle. Quite honestly, the build up for this has been so large that if you didn't do a full episode on it, fans would riot. But unlike Blackwater, I don't know of any army that may be coming to the aid of the Starks like the Tullys did at Blackwater.
Tyler
Owner

GoT s06e09

Postby Tyler » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:44 am

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post But unlike Blackwater, I don't know of any army that may be coming to the aid of the Starks like the Tullys did at Blackwater.

You clearly didn't read the letter Sansa sent...
http://screenrant.com/game-thrones-sans ... tlefinger/
purple_hayes

GoT s06e09

Postby purple_hayes » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:57 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
You clearly didn't read the letter Sansa sent...
http://screenrant.com/game-thrones-sans ... tlefinger/

Sorry, I did not. Was a little hard to read, since it was on the screen for mere seconds. I'm glad you found a site that aided you in the reading of this note. After the tongue lashing Littlefinger got... you think he is going to come to her aid? Honestly, I would rather see a HUGE Ramsay versus Jon thrown down then an epic battle. The Battle of Blackwater was good... but Tyrion's trial by combat was incredible. The Mountain squashing that guy's head. Wicked cool. Would love to see Jon cut Ramsay down little piece at a time.
Tyler
Owner

GoT s06e09

Postby Tyler » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:06 am

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post I would rather see a HUGE Ramsay versus Jon thrown down then an epic battle.

I bet you will get both.

Do you think John lands the killing blow or does he let Sansa have it?
purple_hayes

GoT s06e09

Postby purple_hayes » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:18 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
Do you think John lands the killing blow or does he let Sansa have it?

Let's not get hasty here... granted, for the purpose of the storyline, it would seem that Jon must win. But nothing says he wins nor does it say that Ramsay will be killed. Ramsay could win, sending back Jon's forces, retiring to Winterfell Ramsay could settle in where he finds Arya with her new assassin skills ready to strike him down while he eats his dinner.

Logic does say Jon is losing until some army shows up to help, like the knights of the Vail. But in Game of Thrones, nothing is as it seems. But to answer your question... I hope he saves the kill shot for Sansa. I think her character needs a good win after the two of the three men to be her husband have beaten and/or raped her. Funny how Tyrion was the only one to treat her with dignity.
Tyler
Owner

GoT s06e09

Postby Tyler » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:33 pm

Based on the "previously on" I bet this episode is not just about John, it actually didn't even show Ramsey.

Those boat catapults could not fire that fast, just sayin'.
"We obviously didn't make it clear. We are here to discuss your surrender, not mine" COCKY!! Did they not see her ride in on the dragon the day before? Also, how is she controlling Drogo so easily?!
The other dragons finally left the basement! WOO!!! And the Dothrak are showing up to kill the Sons of the Harpy. WOOO!!

John should have brought his giant to the pre-war talk with Ramsey just to scare them. "I am a man of mercy", what a load of crap from Ramsey. I actually forgot he had Rickon, that does raise the stakes for sure.

Oh of course Davos would find that horse he carved for little Greyscale.

Last season when Stannis was stationed in the same spot that John is now, didn't Ramsey send out a handful of spec ops soldiers to start tents on fire? That worked very well for him, I am surprised he wouldn't try that again.

I told you Asha Greyjoy would try to get with Danny, but in a far more tasteful way than her uncle was planning.

Rickon is bigger than Ramsey.

If someone was going to shoot me with an arrow I would be doing a lot of zig zags.

Gosh darn it John, you played into Ramsey's plan! Ignoring the fact that John can somehow avoid all arrows, that was the most badass thing on television when he was waiting by himself to take on the whole army and then his side came crashing into the enemy.

Ramsey's arrow strategy was taking out a lot of his own men, but it was working well, why would he send his men in at all?
Wallinguana

GoT s06e09

Postby Wallinguana » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:01 pm

I don't know if a sane person could call that a feel good ending, but...
Tyler
Owner

GoT s06e09

Postby Tyler » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:14 pm

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post Logic does say Jon is losing until some army shows up to help, like the knights of the Vail.

ding ding ding. If only they had waited a little bit longer before starting the war.
Tyler
Owner

GoT s06e09

Postby Tyler » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:23 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Do you think John lands the killing blow or does he let Sansa have it?

Of course it would be his dogs, I should have guessed that.
CrckrJack

GoT s06e09

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:03 am

Ramsay is an idiot.

"Yeah let's fight them in the middle of a field, instead of plucking away at them while they attempt to siege Winterfell WITH LITERALLY NO SIEGE EQUIPMENT"
Tyler
Owner

GoT s06e09

Postby Tyler » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:06 am

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post Ramsay is an idiot.

"Yeah let's fight them in the middle of a field, instead of plucking away at them while they attempt to siege Winterfell WITH LITERALLY NO SIEGE EQUIPMENT"

John is an idiot.
"Yeah let's abandon the trenches we dug and the plan we formed so we can run straight at them when they outnumber us 3 to 1. Also, my sister is dumb and I will not listen to anything she has to say, even though she knows how Ramsey thinks better than any of us here"
CrckrJack

GoT s06e09

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:07 am

The fight scene itself was awesome. Most brutal thing I've seen on TV.
CrckrJack

GoT s06e09

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:06 am

This episode is currently at 10.0 on IMDB. Anyone think it will go down?

Return to “Game of Thrones”