Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

HBO Wants ‘Game of Thrones’ Spinoff: “It’s About Finding the Right Take”

Sundays 9/8c on HBO
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:32 am

He has no incentive to ever finish that book.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:11 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post He has no incentive to ever finish that book.

There's no way he'll ever write the 7th one.

This is from his Live Journal page from this past July (apparently people use Live Journal still)
And, yes, I know you all want to know about THE WINDS OF WINTER too. I've seen some truly weird reports about WOW on the internet of late, by 'journalists' who make their stories up out of whole cloth. I don't know which story is more absurd, the one that says the book is finished and I've been sitting on it for some nefarious reason, or the one that says I have no pages. Both 'reports' are equally false and equally moronic. I am still working on it, I am still months away (how many? good question), I still have good days and bad days, and that's all I care to say. Whether WINDS or the first volume of FIRE AND BLOOD will be the first to hit the bookstores is hard to say at this juncture, but I do think you will have a Westeros book from me in 2018... and who knows, maybe two. A boy can dream...
wags83

Postby wags83 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:11 am

It should be noted that at the beginning of 2017 he said that he expected it to be released before the end of the year and he said the same thing in 2016...so who knows.

Return to “Game of Thrones”