Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Game of Thrones Season 8 News

Sundays 9/8c on HBO
Blue Jackets

Game of Thrones Season 8 News

Postby Blue Jackets » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:33 am

HBO clarifies 'Game of Thrones' prequel plan, might push final season to 2019

“I want to put the prequels in context,” Bloys began. “It should go without saying I love having a show with this much intense interest around it. Even the smallest bit of information is a big deal and I appreciate that. But I wanted to make sure fans know this is a really embryonic process. I haven’t even seen outlines. In the press at large, everybody said, ‘there are four spinoffs’ and they assume that means each one is happening and we’re going to have a new Game of Thrones show per quarter. That’s not what’s going on. The idea is not to do four shows. The bar set by [Benioff and Weiss] is so high that my hope is to get one show that lives up to it. Also, this is a long-term plan. Our No. 1 goal is the seventh season this summer and getting the eighth season written and aired.”

So as of now, the final season could air in 2018 and/or in 2019 depending on their needs?
Yeah. They have to write the episodes and figure out the production schedule. We’ll have a better sense of that once they get further into the writing.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Game of Thrones Season 8 News

Postby Tyler » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:39 am

2019?! They use to do 10 episodes a year, they can't do 6 now without pushing everything back?

Return to “Game of Thrones”