Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

GoT - s07e01

Sundays 9/8c on HBO
purple_hayes

GoT - s07e01

Postby purple_hayes » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:42 am

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post
Tyler wrote:Source of the post Ian McShane is more famous...right? Ed has only been popular for a few years.

who knows.

Anyways that whole scene was very forced. Here a bunch of soldiers are giving a young lady traveler their entire life stories without any provocation.

How was this scene forced? Arya has had very little contact with enemy soldiers. Her training with the many faced god made her be very solitary. You could see that she was shocked to hear that these men were very normal people who were caught up in Cersei's quest for the throne. The only image she has of enemy soldiers is the beheading of her father. The only stories she hears is about how blood thirsty animals of an army have ripped through her family. When she was in hiding in that castle, they tortured any enemy soldier. So all she has seen is the disgusting foul side of war, but here she hears a beautiful song, given food and drink, and treated as a human. It may lead to her not harming the troops and only killing Cersei and Jamie.
purple_hayes

GoT - s07e01

Postby purple_hayes » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:46 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
The Greyjoy that sailed to King's Landing. That is Theon/Reek's uncle, right? He had so many zingers towards Jamie!

Yes, its their uncle... in fact, he tells Cersei that his niece and nephew stole his ships after he was crowned king of the iron islands. Were you that distracted by his outfit you didn't hear the content of his ramblings?
purple_hayes

GoT - s07e01

Postby purple_hayes » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:49 am

There is a very critical situation at the wall. Let's send Sam down south to be a librarian and play with poo.

Sam was sent to become the new maester of the Night's Watch. Its part of his training to play with poo. His secondary mission was to find any writings on how to kill the White Walkers. Stannis mentions the Dragon Glass but you are correct, Sam didn't believe him. Now he knows where to get more... and they will need more.
CrckrJack

GoT - s07e01

Postby CrckrJack » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:08 am

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post How was this scene forced?

They revealed their life stories to a girl they literally met on the road without even being asked.
purple_hayes

GoT - s07e01

Postby purple_hayes » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:26 am

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post
purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post How was this scene forced?

They revealed their life stories to a girl they literally met on the road without even being asked.

So... you have a group of young men, probably not older than yourself, who are away from home and meet a girl for the first time in probably months due to fighting in the war... you don't think they would open up to her? I get what you are saying. Just thought they used the scene to humanize the army to Arya.
Tyler
Owner

GoT - s07e01

Postby Tyler » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:31 am

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post So... you have a group of young men, probably not older than yourself, who are away from home and meet a girl for the first time in probably months due to fighting in the war... you don't think they would open up to her? I get what you are saying. Just thought they used the scene to humanize the army to Arya.

I'm with you hayes. I didn't have it problem with it for that reason, but Tim is entitled to his own (wrong) opinion.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

GoT - s07e01

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:32 am

So many people are mad that Ed Sheeran was in this.
wags83

GoT - s07e01

Postby wags83 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:35 am

The only problem I had with the Arya/Lannister troops scene was the very end when she says "I'm going to kill the queen", then there is a long serious pause, then every laughs. That was super gimmicky.
Tyler
Owner

GoT - s07e01

Postby Tyler » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:54 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post So many people are mad that Ed Sheeran was in this.

Oh yeah. My co-workers were complaining about it yesterday and brought it up again this morning.
wags83

GoT - s07e01

Postby wags83 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:55 am

Honestly, I wouldn't have known what Ed Sheeran looked like or known it was him if I hadn't seen all the complaints about it prior to watching the episode.
purple_hayes

GoT - s07e01

Postby purple_hayes » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:23 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post So many people are mad that Ed Sheeran was in this.

Oh yeah. My co-workers were complaining about it yesterday and brought it up again this morning.

I don't understand the backlash of having Ed Sheeran in the show. He's a fan of the show, they are a fan of him... its not like he has a major role such as playin the Sparrow or being a preacher who helps the Hound on his way through several episodes. He basically sang and said like one line while sitting next to Arya. Don't get why everyone is upset about it.
Kath525

GoT - s07e01

Postby Kath525 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:38 am

Tyler wrote:
purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post So... you have a group of young men, probably not older than yourself, who are away from home and meet a girl for the first time in probably months due to fighting in the war... you don't think they would open up to her? I get what you are saying. Just thought they used the scene to humanize the army to Arya.

I'm with you hayes. I didn't have it problem with it for that reason, but Tim is entitled to his own (wrong) opinion.

Agreed. I thought it was a great scene. I hypothesize though that she will still kill at least one of these soldiers and use their face to make her travel to and into Kings Landing easier. I feel like this scene is to give you a sense of humanization and warmth in her, but in the end I think she is consumed by vengeance and will do whatever she has to do to get it-including kill these kind men.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CrckrJack

GoT - s07e01

Postby CrckrJack » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:33 am

Kath525 wrote:Source of the post Agreed. I thought it was a great scene. I hypothesize though that she will still kill at least one of these soldiers and use their face to make her travel to and into Kings Landing easier.

omg i hope she kills ed sheeran
Kath525

GoT - s07e01

Postby Kath525 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:45 am

CrckrJack wrote:
Kath525 wrote:Source of the post Agreed. I thought it was a great scene. I hypothesize though that she will still kill at least one of these soldiers and use their face to make her travel to and into Kings Landing easier.

omg i hope she kills ed sheeran

Yeah. But if she uses his face he will be in more episodes which is apparently a problem for people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CrckrJack

GoT - s07e01

Postby CrckrJack » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:50 am

Kath525 wrote:Source of the post Yeah. But if she uses his face he will be in more episodes which is apparently a problem for people.

gdi
purple_hayes

GoT - s07e01

Postby purple_hayes » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:21 am

I have a question...

When Bran is watching the white walkers coming south... they are north of the wall, correct? But, they showed 3 giants and the one they lingered on until the end looked like a giant that was killed in the Battle of the Bastards... in fact, wasn't he shot in the eye as well. If this is the case, how did a giant who died south of the wall get north of the wall to walk with white walkers??
Blue Jackets

GoT - s07e01

Postby Blue Jackets » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:53 am

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post If this is the case, how did a giant who died south of the wall get north of the wall to walk with white walkers??

Must have been his doppelganger. No way it was Wun Wun for the reasons you stated.
purple_hayes

GoT - s07e01

Postby purple_hayes » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:28 am

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post
purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post If this is the case, how did a giant who died south of the wall get north of the wall to walk with white walkers??

Must have been his doppelganger. No way it was Wun Wun for the reasons you stated.

But didn't Wun Wun get shot in the eye before he died?
purple_hayes

GoT - s07e01

Postby purple_hayes » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:31 am

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post

Found an article that may help explain Wun Wun's presence in the Wight army... TLDR explanation is that Bran's vision hasn't happened yet.
https://www.romper.com/p/how-did-wun-wu ... army-70687

Return to “Game of Thrones”