Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Cersei Lannister's Death Theory

Sundays 9/8c on HBO
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:03 am

Read this article:
https://www.yahoo.com/style/jaime-kill- ... 02726.html

It got me thinking... the witches prophecy to Cersei when she was younger has began to come true, all of her children have died. The prophecy also said that Cersei would be killed by her brother. Now, Jamie loves her very much. He is known as the King Slayer for turning on the Mad King. But what if Jamie doesn't kill Cersei at all... because he is already dead. What if Cersei's death comes at the hands of Arya dressed up like Jamie? Arya would inact her revenge on both Lannister sibling lovers and the prophecy would come true as Cersei would believe it was Jamie who did it... Thoughts?
wags83

Postby wags83 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:09 am

I kinda want Jamie to make it through the series alive so I hope that's wrong, but I think he will probably die. Cersei will for sure die. Yours is a good theory but I feel like her death should be grander instead of a one-on-one strangling by her brother.
Watson2000

Postby Watson2000 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:20 am

I feel confident it won't be Arya. Remember, there's another brother out there, and he just landed with some friends at his back. And if that same brother were to kill Jamie for some reason, wouldn't he of killed his whole family circle? Dad, mom (or at lease he was blamed for killing her by dad), sister and brother? That would be interesting. He'd be known as Kin Slayer... :whistle:
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:54 am

Watson2000 wrote:I feel confident it won't be Arya. Remember, there's another brother out there, and he just landed with some friends at his back. And if that same brother were to kill Jamie for some reason, wouldn't he of killed his whole family circle? Dad, mom (or at lease he was blamed for killing her by dad), sister and brother? That would be interesting. He'd be known as Kin Slayer... :whistle:

Do believe that Tyrion is part Targarean? There is a theory that believes he is part as he is not blonde like his sister Cersei and brother Jamie.
Watson2000

Postby Watson2000 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:58 am

[/quote]

Do believe that Tyrion is part Targarean? There is a theory that believes he is part as he is not blonde like his sister Cersei and brother Jamie.[/quote]

I wouldn't be surprised...
Kath525

Postby Kath525 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:00 am

purple_hayes wrote:
Watson2000 wrote:I feel confident it won't be Arya. Remember, there's another brother out there, and he just landed with some friends at his back. And if that same brother were to kill Jamie for some reason, wouldn't he of killed his whole family circle? Dad, mom (or at lease he was blamed for killing her by dad), sister and brother? That would be interesting. He'd be known as Kin Slayer... :whistle:

Do believe that Tyrion is part Targarean? There is a theory that believes he is part as he is not blonde like his sister Cersei and brother Jamie.

I don't know if you read the books but the books do discuss a back story between Tyrion's mother (Tywin's wife) and the Mad King having a relationship. Basically the Mad King was obsessed with Joanna and either raped her multiple times or they were having an affair. This potentially lead to a pregnancy (possibly Tyrion who would then be Dani's half brother). It may also explain in more detail why Tywin had so much contempt for Tyrion-he really isn't his son and in fact a product of rape or an affair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kath525

Postby Kath525 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:06 am

purple_hayes wrote:Read this article:
https://www.yahoo.com/style/jaime-kill- ... 02726.html

It got me thinking... the witches prophecy to Cersei when she was younger has began to come true, all of her children have died. The prophecy also said that Cersei would be killed by her brother. Now, Jamie loves her very much. He is known as the King Slayer for turning on the Mad King. But what if Jamie doesn't kill Cersei at all... because he is already dead. What if Cersei's death comes at the hands of Arya dressed up like Jamie? Arya would inact her revenge on both Lannister sibling lovers and the prophecy would come true as Cersei would believe it was Jamie who did it... Thoughts?

I think the article has a pretty solid theory. If you think back to the scene in the baths with Jamie and Brienne his story about killing the Mad king to save kings landing from his madness is pretty moving. He was so horrified by the concept of blowing up the whole city and he did what he thought was right to stop that and here his sister is doing exactly what he wanted to prevent. I also think it would be so much more dramatic for Jamie to kill her than Tyrion. Tyrion is an obvious choice and Jamie is not. He loves her and I think it would be a really painful and difficult thing for him to do and therefore more entertaining and meaningful to the show and the story.

cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:09 am

Remember, that maybe the books will have it go one way, and the tv show will make it happen a different way. They've deviated quite a bit so far.
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:58 am

Kath525 wrote:
purple_hayes wrote:I think the article has a pretty solid theory. If you think back to the scene in the baths with Jamie and Brienne his story about killing the Mad king to save kings landing from his madness is pretty moving. He was so horrified by the concept of blowing up the whole city and he did what he thought was right to stop that and here his sister is doing exactly what he wanted to prevent. I also think it would be so much more dramatic for Jamie to kill her than Tyrion. Tyrion is an obvious choice and Jamie is not. He loves her and I think it would be a really painful and difficult thing for him to do and therefore more entertaining and meaningful to the show and the story.

Right, I think its totally more meaningful to have Jamie kill the Mad Queen Cersei than Tyrion. But this is Game of Thrones, where nothing is what it seems to be, which is what got me to thinking of how can Jamie kill Cersei without it being Jamie. Where Cersei believes its Jamie but its not... like how Arya can use the powers of the Many Faced God to take out two people on her hit list just like she wiped out the whole Frey clan.

Return to “Game of Thrones”