Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

GoT - s07e02

Sundays 9/8c on HBO
Tyler
Owner

GoT - s07e02

Postby Tyler » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:47 pm

Just got home so I will be watching tomorrow. Dang Corey for mass texting some of us minor spoilers!
Corey
Site Admin

Re: GoT - s07e02

Postby Corey » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:18 pm

It was the biggest spoiler!
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

GoT - s07e02

Postby cwilkins88 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:17 am

I don't even like to post in this to avoid spoilers on the mobile app, but Euron was a beasttttttttt.
CrckrJack

GoT - s07e02

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:23 am

Well there goes about half of Daenerys' plan, right?
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

GoT - s07e02

Postby cwilkins88 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:31 am

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post Well there goes about half of Daenerys' plan, right?

I mean, a pretty solid ass chunk.
► Show Spoiler
purple_hayes

GoT - s07e02

Postby purple_hayes » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:26 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post
CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post Well there goes about half of Daenerys' plan, right?

► Show Spoiler

Tyrion is no fool. He knows his sister Cersei and how ruthless she is. The Sand Snakes were formidable but they are easy to squash. Now, Euron was being cut by the Sand Snakes... correct? Its common knowledge the Sand Snakes and the army of Dorne dip their blades in poison. So, the question has to be... Euron may have won the prize but at what true cost will it be?
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

GoT - s07e02

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:49 am

purple_hayes wrote:
cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post

► Show Spoiler

Tyrion is no fool. He knows his sister Cersei and how ruthless she is. The Sand Snakes were formidable but they are easy to squash. Now, Euron was being cut by the Sand Snakes... correct? Its common knowledge the Sand Snakes and the army of Dorne dip their blades in poison. So, the question has to be... Euron may have won the prize but at what true cost will it be?
I was curious how long he'd last. Euron would also know they used poison correct?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

GoT - s07e02

Postby Tyler » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:55 am

Much better episode than last week. I didn't even need the last 8 minutes and the sea battle, I thought all of the plot stuff in the episode gave me enough.

I've been thinking how crazy it is that we we are 7 seasons into a show and MAJOR characters haven't shared a scene together. Danny hasn't been with a Stark or Cersi, John hasn't been to King's Landing, etc. This episode displayed an even crazier fact though, we are 62 episodes into a show and main characters are only LEARNING about each other. Danny didn't even know who Jon Snow was until Melisandre showed up and told her about him this episode.

Thank goodness Cersi has her maester. No one would have been smart enough to consider using a giant crossbow to kill a dragon. /s

It was a really nice scene when Ayra learned from Hot Pie that the Boltons were all dead and Jon was king of the north. I'm glad she's heading north to see him! Too bad he will be gone when she arrives. Maybe Sana, Ayra, Bran can all reunite while waiting for Jon to return.
Hot Pie: "You've been making pies?"
Arya: "Just 1 or 2."
*rim shot*
I bet Wags cried when Nymeria didn't go with Ayra.

Sucks to be Jorah right now. The cure for Greyscale seems to be common sense. The maester said "you should have cut off your arm". Duh...? Why didn't Jorah do that from the beginning before it spread? He knew he was going to be a goner regardless. Also the secret technique for getting rid of it is...cutting it off. Wow! Who would have thought?! Also, the award for most disgusting scene transition goes too...Cutting off dragon scale to eating a pot pie.

I had a hard time following the final battle on the boat. The scene was dark, all of the crews seemed to be dressed the same, and way too many quick cuts. I could obviously follow the scene's conclusion, but it was hard seeing how we got there. Did anyone feel any emotion when 2 of the Sand Snakes were killed? I couldn't even tell if they were all being played by the same actresses from prior years. No tears from me. It was sad to see the return of Reek though.
I agree that Euron should be dead from poison or his wounds alone, but I highly doubt this is what kills him.

I agree with Wilkins. Euron promised Cersi a gift last episode. The gift will be the people who poisoned her daughter.
wags83

GoT - s07e02

Postby wags83 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:17 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I bet Wags cried when Nymeria didn't go with Ayra.

Nuh uh! It was good to see the wolf again and get a little closure that it didn't just die in the woods. The books alluded to Nymeria becoming the leader of a pack but they hadn't gotten so far as to reunite her with Arya. It kept it more real that Nymeria didn't go with Arya.
Tyler wrote:Source of the post Also, the award for most disgusting scene transition goes too...Cutting off dragon scale to eating a pot pie.

This was disgustingly well done.
Tyler wrote:Source of the postI couldn't even tell if they were all being played by the same actresses from prior years.

I was actually wondering this as well because I didn't think they looked the same.

Theon/Reek needs to be put out of his misery. I'm guessing he will somehow redeem himself, but I have no idea how it will happen. Varys is so good at talking his way out of things; Dany really wanted to kill him for being a traitor but he just kept his cool and told it like it is.
Tyler
Owner

GoT - s07e02

Postby Tyler » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:25 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post I was actually wondering this as well because I didn't think they looked the same.

I just checked. It appears the same 3 actresses have been playing them the whole time. I guess since they aren't on the show very often I don't recognize them as they age. The short haired (most annoying one) is the only one that looked familiar last night.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

GoT - s07e02

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:30 am

Fun Fact: Nymeria Sand is the sidekick from Iron Fist.
Tyler
Owner

GoT - s07e02

Postby Tyler » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:51 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Fun Fact: Nymeria Sand is the sidekick from Iron Fist.

She's the youngest one and the only one to live, right?
purple_hayes

GoT - s07e02

Postby purple_hayes » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:03 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Fun Fact: Nymeria Sand is the sidekick from Iron Fist.

Fun Fact: Hey Indy, Nymeria is the dog's name or dire wolf in this case.
purple_hayes

GoT - s07e02

Postby purple_hayes » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:06 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
Sucks to be Jorah right now. The cure for Greyscale seems to be common sense. The maester said "you should have cut off your arm". Duh...? Why didn't Jorah do that from the beginning before it spread? He knew he was going to be a goner regardless. Also the secret technique for getting rid of it is...cutting it off. Wow! Who would have thought?! Also, the award for most disgusting scene transition goes too...Cutting off dragon scale to eating a pot pie.

You heard the maester tell Sam that the procedure is very dangerous as those who have attempted it before have caught the disease as well. Its believed that dragon glass is a cure for greyscale as well since Stannis's daughter had it and was cured.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

GoT - s07e02

Postby DannyFanny » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:14 am

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post Its believed that dragon glass is a cure for greyscale

Got an infestation of those pesky White Walkers? Dragon glass will kill it. Got an common greyscale infection? Dragon glass will cure it. Yes, Dragon glass, the one stop cure for impotence to tuberculosis and everything in between.
Tyler
Owner

GoT - s07e02

Postby Tyler » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:22 am

DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post Got an infestation of those pesky White Walkers? Dragon glass will kill it. Got an common greyscale infection? Dragon glass will cure it. Yes, Dragon glass, the one stop cure for impotence to tuberculosis and everything in between.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:
wags83

GoT - s07e02

Postby wags83 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:32 am

FYI, the text we are able to see of Jorah's letter he was writing to Dany before Sam came in to peel off his skin:
Khaleesi,

I went to the Citadel in the last hope that the maesters could treat me as you ordered. Even with all [illegible] I am beyond any cure out the grave. I have had a longer life than I deserved and I only wish I could’ve lived to see the world you’re going to build, standing by your side. I have loved you since the moment I met you. If there’s…

Jorah
Tyler
Owner

GoT - s07e02

Postby Tyler » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:06 am

I'm sure I'll have more to post here when I listen to my podcast still this week, but something that struck me as odd and it hasn't been mentioned. Dany and Varyis were talking about Jon Snow and how they should get him there to make him an ally. I thought it was weird that conversation ended with Dany (I think it was her) saying "and force him to bend his knee". That doesn't sound like breaking the wheel if you force someone to kneel to you.
CrckrJack

GoT - s07e02

Postby CrckrJack » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:19 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I'm sure I'll have more to post here when I listen to my podcast still this week, but something that struck me as odd and it hasn't been mentioned. Dany and Varyis were talking about Jon Snow and how they should get him there to make him an ally. I thought it was weird that conversation ended with Dany (I think it was her) saying "and force him to bend his knee". That doesn't sound like breaking the wheel if you force someone to kneel to you.

She's turning into her father!!!!! :O
purple_hayes

GoT - s07e02

Postby purple_hayes » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:23 am

Just read this article... https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/ ... k-43785722

Interesting fact that I missed since I haven't read all of the books. I just thought Euron's crew was being overly cruel.

Return to “Game of Thrones”