Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

GoT - s07e03

Sundays 9/8c on HBO
Tyler
Owner

GoT - s07e03

Postby Tyler » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:36 pm

Strike 2 with Tyrion. I'm surprised Dany didn't even question his tactics since they resulted in half of her fleet getting destroyed and her alliance with the Dorn people destroyed. This time he got the other half of the fleet burnt up and wasted much of the Unsully

I'll post full thoughts tomorrow.

Bran is weird.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

GoT - s07e03

Postby cwilkins88 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:11 pm

Man. I wonder how this changes the Tyrion/Jamie dynamic.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

GoT - s07e03

Postby Tyler » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:01 am

I'm 98% sure I have this straight, but I want to make sure. The Iron Bank (Mycroft from Sherlock) showed up and reminded Cersei that the Lannister family owes them tons of money because their gold mines ran out years ago and her dad had been loaning money to keep up the appearance of being rich. Cersei sent Jamie and his army to Highgarden to kill all the Tyrells and take their gold? Cersei only wanted her sons to marry Margery Tyrell so they could get their money, right?

What Dragonstone is to the Dany, and Highgarden is to Tyrells, Casterly Rock is to Lannisters? Tyrion didn't know his family was poor so he thought taking over Casterly Rock would hurt his family, but Cersei had no reason to keep her army there because there was nothing left to guard so they went to get Tyrells. Okay...typing all of this out helped me follow those events.

Meeting of Fire and Ice was great. Dany is a fireproof queen that hatched petrified dragon eggs after she was burned alive and a witch cast a spell on her...is it really a stretch to believe in White Walkers?

Jamie was getting burnt alive this episode! First by Euron and then Lady Ollena on her death bed.
Jaime: "There are always lessons in failures"
Olenna: "Yes, you must be very wise by now"

There was more humor in this episode than normal. I think I laughed at least 3 times. "...this is Jon Snow...uh...he's king of the north". Also when Tyrion really wanted to know he didn't have sex with Jon's sister.
"Are you trying to pass your own statements off as ancient wisdom?"
"I would never do that...to you"

It wasn't suppose to be funny, but Bran had me laughing because how insane he is now. What the heck? Sansa: "I'm leaving." Bran: I'll stay here." As if he had a choice!

Sam reaching out to shake Jora's hand was such a nice moment. He also looked way better than I thought he would. Yes he looked bad, but he just had his skin peeled off. All things considered he looks great.
CrckrJack

GoT - s07e03

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:13 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post He also looked way better than I thought he would. Yes he looked bad, but he just had his skin peeled off. All things considered he looks great.

Mancrush

Let me just say that this season is easily my favorite so far. The story is actually interesting and I like all of the characters involved. I did not expect that event at Casterly Rock at all. Ollena death scene was awesome. Joffrey assassination reveal was awesome. Jon/Danaerys was okay, I expected more, but Tyrion/Jon made up for it. Danny is getting screwed... won't have much army left at all anymore. Varys aged 40 years from season 1. The killing of the Dornish girl is going to be awful. What horrible torture!!

Excited to see what more comes from this season.
purple_hayes

GoT - s07e03

Postby purple_hayes » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:53 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Cersei only wanted her sons to marry Margery Tyrell so they could get their money, right?

Cersei did not want her son to marry Margery... her father did. That marriage along with her marriage to Margery's brother was set up by Tywin Lannister... to bank roll his ambitions.
wags83

GoT - s07e03

Postby wags83 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:11 am

Finally got around to watching this last night. I liked that they stayed with the Dany/Jon story for an extended time at the beginning of the episode.

I think my favorite part was the Jamie/Olenna Tyrell scene. She's such a badass old lady and it sucks that she had to die. I'm glad she told Jamie the truth about killing Joffrey, I think that may tip the scale a bit more toward Tyrion if Jamie has to pick between his brother or sister at some point.

I'm also really enjoying the character of Euron. His arrogance is obnoxious but also kinda funny. I lol'ed when he was talking quietly to Jamie about Cersei.

I feel like the dragons are very under-utilized and they could have easily helped to win the naval battles. I guess they didn't realize that Euron would be waiting with all those ships, but still, better safe than sorry.
CrckrJack

GoT - s07e03

Postby CrckrJack » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:02 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post I lol'ed when he was talking quietly to Jamie about Cersei

You must not have been watching with your mom.... LOL it was so uncomfortable.
Tyler
Owner

GoT - s07e03

Postby Tyler » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:18 pm

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post You must not have been watching with your mom.... LOL it was so uncomfortable.

There was a much more uncomfortable in the scene if you were watching with your mum.
CrckrJack

GoT - s07e03

Postby CrckrJack » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:26 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post There was a much more uncomfortable in the scene if you were watching with your mum.

Oh yeah when they were doing/did it/right before they did it.
Watson2000

GoT - s07e03

Postby Watson2000 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:04 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I'm 98% sure I have this straight, but I want to make sure. The Iron Bank (Mycroft from Sherlock) showed up and reminded Cersei that the Lannister family owes them tons of money because their gold mines ran out years ago and her dad had been loaning money to keep up the appearance of being rich. Cersei sent Jamie and his army to Highgarden to kill all the Tyrells and take their gold? Cersei only wanted her sons to marry Margery Tyrell so they could get their money, right?

Ding ding. Cersei (and Jamie because of her) don't really care too much about their old home. She's all about King's Landing and the being Queen.

I do wonder though, the bank has shown up multiple times to collect from not only the Lannisters but from the Crown. What exactly is the bank going to do if they don't pay? Is the throne actually the collateral? They going to invade with all their bookkeepers and accountants? What???
Tyler
Owner

GoT - s07e03

Postby Tyler » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:08 pm

Watson2000 wrote:Source of the post I do wonder though, the bank has shown up multiple times to collect from not only the Lannisters but from the Crown. What exactly is the bank going to do if they don't pay? Is the throne actually the collateral? They going to invade with all their bookkeepers and accountants? What???

Same way it is handled today...

Watson2000

GoT - s07e03

Postby Watson2000 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:15 pm

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the postDanny is getting screwed... won't have much army left at all anymore.

Her army is still bigger then anything Cersei can throw at her. The show is trying to just make it look like she has a chance, and that's driving me crazy. The Lannister army, with the few allies they got, is stretched out from the Twins in Riverlands, through King's Landing down to Highgarden. I'm guessing most of the Riverlands and Highgarden troops might not be fighting with them...especially the Riverlands. Oh, and she has dragons...depending on if they have the budget for it for the episode.
CrckrJack

GoT - s07e03

Postby CrckrJack » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:20 pm

Holy crap how bad is that repo men movie
Tyler
Owner

GoT - s07e03

Postby Tyler » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:29 pm

Watson2000 wrote:Source of the post Her army is still bigger then anything Cersei can throw at her

But she has no ships to transport the army.
wags83

GoT - s07e03

Postby wags83 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:37 pm

Is Grey Worm gonna die?! That's my biggest concern with this episode.
Kath525

GoT - s07e03

Postby Kath525 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:39 pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CrckrJack

GoT - s07e03

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:13 am

LOL

Return to “Game of Thrones”