Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

GoT - s07e04

Sundays 9/8c on HBO
Tyler
Owner

GoT - s07e04

Postby Tyler » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:06 am

Disclaimer: Corey, Wags, and myself watched this episode together in BigScreen via Oculus Rift. I feel like I might have missed some important details in the quieter scenes because of this

Did everyone laugh to themselves picturing Jon in the cave with chalk drawing those pictures as a way to convince Danny? Way too convenient that those drawings were in her backyard this whole time. Did the children of the forest live there?

Bran must know Arya will need that Valyrian steel dagger later. He freaked Littlefinger out when he quoted something Littlefinger said before.

Arya and Brienne dueling was a really fun scene. Arya has learned 3 different fighting styles and has combined them. She has more style than Brienne, but I still think Arya couldn't stop Brienne swinging a broadsword with 2 hands, especially since she is basically using a fencing sword one handed.

Jon: "She's got a good heart"
Davos: "I've noticed you looking at her good heart" (huge smirk)

Is Bronn too loyal to Jaime? Bronn is a sword for hire. He has been with Jaime this long because Jamie has promised him so much. Was it out of character for Bronn to tell Jamie to leave the battle, but was willing to stay himself? Or when he stuck around to shoot the dragon or to save Jaime? I really like Bronn though, so I'll allow it all. I was really torn if I wanted him to hit the dragon or not. Bronn also had a great single while running from the Dothraki.

Small nitpicks:
I was going to complain about Dany losing all her ships, so how did she get her army there - but I guess Theon and his crew had a few left for her. However, she did manage to sail there in 30 minutes.

Jaime fell directly off his horse and landed in a 100 foot puddle.

Why didn't Dany go in with the Drogon earlier and break up the front lines? She would have saved a lot of her men.
Kath525

GoT - s07e04

Postby Kath525 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:42 am

Tyler wrote:
Jaime fell directly off his horse and landed in a 100 foot puddle.

Idk if you're being sarcastic about the puddle but there is a pond/ lake there along the road that you can see in other scenes. And I think Jamie was pushed-probably by Bronn- off his horse into the water. It happened really fast but that scene is in the pre season trailers and it's more clear that he was pushed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

GoT - s07e04

Postby Tyler » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:44 am

Kath525 wrote:Source of the post Idk if you're being sarcastic about the puddle but there is a pond/ lake there along the road that you can see in other scenes. And I think Jamie was pushed-probably by Bronn- off his horse into the water. It happened really fast but that scene is in the pre season trailers and it's more clear that he was pushed.

Yes, sarcastic. I know he was pushed off his horse by Bronn, but did Bronn launch him 500 feet into the middle of the lake where the waters were that deep? Lakes gradually get deep. It didn't make sense that he fell right off of his horse and instantly found himself in water that deep.
wags83

GoT - s07e04

Postby wags83 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:09 am

I mentioned that about the water as well and how it is apparently instantly super deep.

I did like that Tyrion was rooting for Jamie to just get out of there and that he still cares for his brother. Will be interesting when they meet again. I wonder what Bronn will do if he has to choose between Jamie and Tyrion.

Dragon was super badass in battle.
CrckrJack

GoT - s07e04

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:23 am

Best episode ever other than the corny cliffhanger
Tyler
Owner

GoT - s07e04

Postby Tyler » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:25 am

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post Best episode ever other than the corny cliffhanger

I thought for 0.2 seconds that Jaime was going to be eaten or flamed up. I have zero doubt he will survive the lake though.
wags83

GoT - s07e04

Postby wags83 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:27 am

I know it's most likely Bronn that pushed Jamie into the water but for just a moment I thought "What if that was Tyrion who saved him!"
Tyler
Owner

GoT - s07e04

Postby Tyler » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:32 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post I know it's most likely Bronn that pushed Jamie into the water but for just a moment I thought "What if that was Tyrion who saved him!"

It wouldn't surprise me. One thing we've learned from GoT is that characters can teleport to any location when the plot needs it to happen
wags83

GoT - s07e04

Postby wags83 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:34 am

I guess it wouldn't surprise me and it would be a fun twist, but I would also be a bit angry about it because no way a dwarf can run across a battle field faster than a horse and then leap up and tackle a man off of said horse.
purple_hayes

GoT - s07e04

Postby purple_hayes » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:21 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post Best episode ever other than the corny cliffhanger

I thought for 0.2 seconds that Jaime was going to be eaten or flamed up. I have zero doubt he will survive the lake though.

One thing people have pointed out with GoT, you know when someone dies. They don't mix words or misrepresent. Unless they show Jaime's bloated dead body in the next episode, you have to assume he survives. Plus, how else is he going to kill Cersei?
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

GoT - s07e04

Postby DannyFanny » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:12 am

I like that Dany burns every wagon but the one carrying the Ballista.
I was also half hoping for a giant eye or something to open while Jaime is sinking into the presumably bottomless puddle. You know like that one scene from Godzilla.

Bronn seems to have taken a liking to Jaime, just as I have taken a liking to Bronn...
Tyler
Owner

GoT - s07e04

Postby Tyler » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:20 am

DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post I like that Dany burns every wagon but the one carrying the Ballista.

Haha, I didn't even think about that, good catch. I think there was also a line that the gold had made it to King's Landing? Will the Lannisters not be in trouble with the Iron Bank then? Was it just food that was burnt?
DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post You know like that one scene from Godzilla.

No....From the bad one a few years ago or the good one with Ferris?
CrckrJack

GoT - s07e04

Postby CrckrJack » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:23 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post No....From the bad one a few years ago or the good one with Ferris?

Lol. pretty sure they are both "bad". I refuse to believe that the Ferris one is bad though. it was awesome as a kid.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

GoT - s07e04

Postby DannyFanny » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:00 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
No....From the bad one a few years ago or the good one with Ferris?

I will only ever acknowledge the Matthew Broderick version of Godzilla because it has Gene Reno and Hank Azaria.

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I think there was also a line that the gold had made it to King's Landing? Will the Lannisters not be in trouble with the Iron Bank then? Was it just food that was burnt?

Either way the Lannisters are in trouble. No gold to pay the Iron bank means no financial support. No food means, well, no food to feed the army. It looked like a lot of the wagons had grain in them.
wags83

GoT - s07e04

Postby wags83 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:07 am

It looked like it was mostly grain. I thought it was weird that she was burning up all the wagons in the first place. I thought her army was also in trouble when it came to food, so I assumed the plan was to kill all the Lannister troops and take the food for her own people.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

GoT - s07e04

Postby DannyFanny » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:14 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post It looked like it was mostly grain. I thought it was weird that she was burning up all the wagons in the first place. I thought her army was also in trouble when it came to food, so I assumed the plan was to kill all the Lannister troops and take the food for her own people.

I thought it was foolish she was burning up the wagons of grain too.
purple_hayes

GoT - s07e04

Postby purple_hayes » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:34 pm

Tyler wrote:Haha, I didn't even think about that, good catch. I think there was also a line that the gold had made it to King's Landing? Will the Lannisters not be in trouble with the Iron Bank then? Was it just food that was burnt?

Yes, the Highgarden gold has already made it back to King's Landing. Cersei repaid Mycroft (the Iron Bank), but I believe they discussed another way to help her armies out, known as the Gold army, which is an army for hire. It was food from the fields they were taking that was burnt up, that is why both Bronn and Jaime were there. A line earlier in the show after Tarley suggested flogging the stragglers, Jaime said how about we warn them first and told Bronn to tend to the farms because he is able to help motivate the soldiers in a special way.

Tyler wrote:No....From the bad one a few years ago or the good one with Ferris?

The bad one is with Matthew Broderick. The new series is amazing or aka the good ones with Walter White. Can not wait until Kong vs Godzilla comes out.
purple_hayes

GoT - s07e04

Postby purple_hayes » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:37 pm

Tyler wrote:No....From the bad one a few years ago or the good one with Ferris?

1998 Godzilla - RT Score 16% with Ferris
2014 Godzilla - RT Score 74% with Walter White
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

GoT - s07e04

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:20 pm

Bronn and Jamie are definitely captured in my opinion. I'm very much looking forward to them getting greeted by Tyrion. Also the gold was already deposited in the gates, it was only food destroyed....and like a billion other guys

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

GoT - s07e04

Postby Tyler » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:32 pm

wags83 wrote:Source of the post I know it's most likely Bronn that pushed Jamie into the water but for just a moment I thought "What if that was Tyrion who saved him!"

In the "making of" segment after the episode they talked about Bronn knocking him off the horse.

Return to “Game of Thrones”