Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

GoT - s07e05

Sundays 9/8c on HBO
Tyler
Owner

GoT - s07e05

Postby Tyler » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:54 pm

I like how it was an internet debate if Jaime was dead or how he would survive sinking to the bottom of the lake with all of his armor weighing him down. First scene tonight - Bronn pulling him out of the lake no problem.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

GoT - s07e05

Postby cwilkins88 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:37 pm

How dumb that bronn and Jamie weren't captured. Tyrion loved Jamie. Even if he thought he was dear, he'd get his body. Not only that but he saw him go in. Nobody waited around??

I'm happy gendry didn't get murdered.

Danerys was mirin' pretty hard at jon

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

GoT - s07e05

Postby Tyler » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:07 am

I really hope Ayra sees through Little Finger's plan. Those scenes were pretty cheesy when she was spying on him around the corner, but no, he was spying on her the whole time! Ayra has to know Sansa wrote that note while in distress years ago.
"Robb, I write to you with a heavy heart. Our good king Robert is dead, killed from wounds he took in a boar hunt. Father has been charged with treason. He conspired with Robert’s brothers against my beloved Joffrey and tried to steal his throne. The Lannisters are treating me very well and provide me with every comfort. I beg you: come to King’s Landing, swear fealty to King Joffrey and prevent any strife between the great houses of Lannister and Stark."

The return of Gendry! I liked the joke to the fans about him still rowing that boat.
I thought it crossed the line of too cute though when Gilly was reading the book and Sam interpreted her just as they were basically going to figure out Jon's origin story and that he was a child born of married parents, making him ruler over Dany.

I can't wait to watch the super squad north of the wall, even though their mission is so idiotic. Cersei could see the army of White Walkers with her own 2 eyes and still wouldn't team up with Dany unless it benefited her.

“How many men did you bring?”
“Not enough.”
“The big woman?”

Who doesn't make it back?
Jon
Tormund
Jorah
Gendry
Beric
Thoros
Sandor

Was Jon getting jealous of Jorah? He shouldn't, Jon got so many brownie points when he showed he can touch the dragon.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

GoT - s07e05

Postby DannyFanny » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:47 am

Ayra and LittleFinger playing cat and mouse. I hope Ayra is smart enough to figure out she's being baited.

Jon and Dany certainly have the hots for each other... probably because they're related.
CrckrJack

GoT - s07e05

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:15 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post First scene tonight - Bronn pulling him out of the lake no problem.

So dumb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UGH

DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post Jon and Dany certainly have the hots for each other... probably because they're related.

Lol

This episode definitely wasn't a letdown. This season keeping upw ith every episode being awesome and putting prior seasons to shame.
Tyler
Owner

Re: GoT - s07e05

Postby Tyler » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:41 am

Did Cersei say she was pregnant? Did I somehow miss that?
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

GoT - s07e05

Postby DannyFanny » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:20 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Did Cersei say she was pregnant? Did I somehow miss that?

She didn't directly say the words "I'm pregnant."

Jaime is going to have some inner turmoil when he has to kill her.
Donomoto

GoT - s07e05

Postby Donomoto » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:24 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post I'm happy gendry didn't get murdered.

My favorite line of the night: "Thought you might still be rowing". Kayla and I laughed for a good 10 seconds. Playing off of the fans.
CrckrJack

GoT - s07e05

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:56 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Did Cersei say she was pregnant? Did I somehow miss that?

She was like "you have to protect this" and put her hands on her belly

And then he asked who she was going to say was the father.

Really no idea how you missed this much.. lol
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:59 pm

Thanks. Not sure how I missed that. I remember her doing the hand gestures, my hearing must have shut off for a second.
Watson2000

GoT - s07e05

Postby Watson2000 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:12 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Thanks. Not sure how I missed that. I remember her doing the hand gestures, my hearing must have shut off for a second.

You do tend to lose focus when ladies point at their belly button areas...
wags83

GoT - s07e05

Postby wags83 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:33 am

I enjoyed this episode quite a bit. Really liked the return of Gendry and his exchange with Jon was fun.
Cersei dropping the bomb that she knocked up again is going to add another layer to Jamie's conflict. One thing that bothered me about their scene was at the end when hugged and Cersei says "Don't ever betray me again." How did he betray her?! He didn't even know he was going to be meeting with Tyrion and then told her about it immediately after it happened!
There are definitely going to be some deaths in the group going to get a wight, I just really hope it's not Tormund. I love every scene that he's in. I wouldn't be too upset if Beric Dondarrion or Thoros died since we haven't really seen them a lot anyway.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:48 am

I could not have named those 2 dudes
wags83

GoT - s07e05

Postby wags83 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:52 am

Also, it's neat that Gendry uses a war hammer instead of a sword because that's what Robert Baratheon was known for using.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: GoT - s07e05

Postby Tyler » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:59 am

wags83 wrote:Also, it's neat that Gendry uses a war hammer instead of a sword because that's what Robert Baratheon was known for using.
Is that why they wanted to hide it on the row boat? I couldn't figure out why they would care if the guards saw it. If they had swords would they also have hid them?
wags83

GoT - s07e05

Postby wags83 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:02 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post If they had swords would they also have hid them?

I think so? Davos told them right away "We don't have any weapons". I'm guessing just so they wouldn't look suspicious or be questioned as to what they were doing and why they were armed. I don't think it was specifically because it was a hammer.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

GoT - s07e05

Postby DannyFanny » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:14 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post I don't think it was specifically because it was a hammer.

Maybe only one person in all of Westerosi ever used a warhammer, and that was Robert Baratheon. People see a warhammer, and they make the connection that Gendry is his bastard son.
CrckrJack

GoT - s07e05

Postby CrckrJack » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:56 pm

wags83 wrote:Source of the post One thing that bothered me about their scene was at the end when hugged and Cersei says "Don't ever betray me again." How did he betray her?! He didn't even know he was going to be meeting with Tyrion and then told her about it immediately after it happened!

I think this just shows that if Jaime does literally anything that Cersei doesn't like she sees it as him "betraying" her. Because he didn't even really lie to her or anything at all (that i can remember).
wags83

GoT - s07e05

Postby wags83 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:58 pm

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post Because he didn't even really lie to her or anything at all (that i can remember).

Yeah he definitely didn't do anything that could be considered betrayal. The only thing I can think of is that she wants him to punish Bronn for setting up the meeting and he doesn't seem to want to.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

GoT - s07e05

Postby DannyFanny » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:19 pm

wags83 wrote:Source of the post
CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post Because he didn't even really lie to her or anything at all (that i can remember).

Yeah he definitely didn't do anything that could be considered betrayal. The only thing I can think of is that she wants him to punish Bronn for setting up the meeting and he doesn't seem to want to.

Or that he didn't capture Tyrion.

Return to “Game of Thrones”