Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

GoT - s07e06

Sundays 9/8c on HBO
Wallinguana

GoT - s07e06

Postby Wallinguana » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:17 pm

They would all be dead right now if the Night King hadn't been a show off and gone for their dragon first.
Tyler
Owner

Re: GoT - s07e06

Postby Tyler » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:49 am

He wanted a challenge with the farther, smaller dragon.
CrckrJack

GoT - s07e06

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:44 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post I really enjoyed this episode. Luckily the group that went north had a few nameless extras that could get killed with no problem. It was really stressful when Tormund was being dragged into the ice.

Plot armor is getting pretty ridiculous with some of these main characters.
Kath525

GoT - s07e06

Postby Kath525 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:22 am

I read a super interesting explanation (not spoiler) for how the season is moving the plot so quickly and everyone is traveling from place to place overnight. I know this has been an area of complaint for many of you couch potatoes who can't just enjoy cinematic magic ;) basically it suggests that we are seeing all these events through Bran who can see through space and time so he wouldn't have to wait for characters to travel necessarily or for 3 extra episodes to rev up plot lines. I suppose this could end up being the case, but regardless, it's a nice tid bit to lend piece of mind to those against jet packing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CrckrJack

GoT - s07e06

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:29 am

I think it's more probably because they didn't want to spend 2 years filming.

But yeah this could be.
Tyler
Owner

GoT - s07e06

Postby Tyler » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:12 pm

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post I think it's more probably because they didn't want to spend 2 years filming.

I agree. The showrunners want to move onto new projects, but need to wrap this up. They also dont have the source material for the specifics so it's easier to have people jump around.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

GoT - s07e06

Postby DannyFanny » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:13 pm

The jet packing wouldn't be a problem if it was happening three times every episode while all plot lines are going on at the same time.
Tyler
Owner

GoT - s07e06

Postby Tyler » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:59 pm

DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post The jet packing wouldn't be a problem if it was happening three times every episode while all plot lines are going on at the same time.

I agree, but this reddit user explains they were on the rock for 5 days.
https://www.reddit.com/r/gameofthrones/ ... portation/
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

GoT - s07e06

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:52 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post The jet packing wouldn't be a problem if it was happening three times every episode while all plot lines are going on at the same time.

This is cool, but even a comment in passing. "Oh man, it's been five days, we didn't think we'd ever see you" would have been nice.

Also - this still doesn't explain the ice. Yeah, sure it refroze. But initially, it broke with 7 people on it, spread out. Now, suddenly there is an army, and it can support the entire state of Texas on it.
purple_hayes

GoT - s07e06

Postby purple_hayes » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:44 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post
Tyler wrote:Source of the post

This is cool, but even a comment in passing. "Oh man, it's been five days, we didn't think we'd ever see you" would have been nice.

Also - this still doesn't explain the ice. Yeah, sure it refroze. But initially, it broke with 7 people on it, spread out. Now, suddenly there is an army, and it can support the entire state of Texas on it.

George RR Martin has stated many times that he does not discuss the timeline within the storyline due to the fact that he didn't want anyone picking it apart for when he writes... like it took so-and-so this long to get here but took this other person this long. He just wanted to be able to tell a story. These guys would have died on that rock had they stayed there for 5 days without food, water, and heat.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:53 pm

I think it's easier to ignore it in a book. In the show we see people age, we see hair grow, etc. If Cersei really is pregnant she should be showing soon because some of these episodes are covering months it seems.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

GoT - s07e06

Postby DannyFanny » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:23 pm

I'm sure I've said in the past that the "jetpacking" seems more much prevalent in this season as all the plot lines are beginning to converge more and more.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

GoT - s07e06

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:23 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I think it's easier to ignore it in a book. In the show we see people age, we see hair grow, etc. If Cersei really is pregnant she should be showing soon because some of these episodes are covering months it seems.

I can suspend disbelief for things like that. What is hard for me is a guy with a flaming sword saying they are going to freeze, or zombies that are basically mindless proving that they understand the physics of a frozen lake, but too dumb to find spears to throw.
purple_hayes

GoT - s07e06

Postby purple_hayes » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:26 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I think it's easier to ignore it in a book. In the show we see people age, we see hair grow, etc. If Cersei really is pregnant she should be showing soon because some of these episodes are covering months it seems.

Right, logic tells us that this should be taking days, weeks, and even months. But what is the concept of time to great story telling... you really want the Magnificent 7 to stand on that rock for the week it would take a raven to fly to Dragonstone and Dany to rush off to save them... they'd be standing around looking at each other... okay, you guys have to wait until the dragon gets here, will only be like 6 or 7 days... can you guys stand on the lakeside that long waiting to get at us or should we reschedule this?
purple_hayes

GoT - s07e06

Postby purple_hayes » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:27 pm

I can suspend disbelief for things like that. What is hard for me is a guy with a flaming sword saying they are going to freeze, or zombies that are basically mindless proving that they understand the physics of a frozen lake, but too dumb to find spears to throw.

you are way too picky. I'm sure you were mad when they found a huge chain just laying around to pull the dragon out too... becasue the show didn't explain where it came from.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

GoT - s07e06

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:28 pm

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post

you are way too picky. I'm sure you were mad when they found a huge chain just laying around to pull the dragon out too... becasue the show didn't explain where it came from.

I wasn't, but now I am. Who was dragging that??? and why?
wags83

GoT - s07e06

Postby wags83 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:30 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Who was dragging that??? and why?

And who scuba dove down to the bottom of the lake to hook up the chains to the dragon?
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:31 pm

Someone on Reddit took a screen shot and their was an old farry in the scene when they dragged up the dragon. The kind of farry that goes across a lake on giant chains.

And no one wants to see the Mag 7 stand on the rock for 30 minutes in an episode. Just a 4 second line of dialog that expresses how long they have been there.
"Give up Jon. It's been 3 days"
purple_hayes

GoT - s07e06

Postby purple_hayes » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:40 pm

Tyler wrote:And no one wants to see the Mag 7 stand on the rock for 30 minutes in an episode. Just a 4 second line of dialog that expresses how long they have been there.
"Give up Jon. It's been 3 days"

I'm sure the Hound would say that... [after checking Rolex watch] the Hound: "Jon, give up you dumb cunt, its been like 47 min. If that dragon cunt was coming, she'd be here by now. Westorsi air traffic isn't that high these days."
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

GoT - s07e06

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:41 pm

wags83 wrote:Source of the post
cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Who was dragging that??? and why?

And who scuba dove down to the bottom of the lake to hook up the chains to the dragon?

Surprisingly, i know we're joking, but this is the MOST believable portion of it. I could absolutely see a bunch of bones diving to the bottom of the lake and sacrificing themselves to get a dragon.

Return to “Game of Thrones”