GoT - s07e07

Postby wags83 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:50 pm

Titled "The Dragon and the Wolf".

I wonder if Ghost will meet Drogon.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

GoT - s07e07

Postby DannyFanny » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:54 pm

Though they are leery of each other at the start, they go on a grand adventure and became best friends in the end. Given the episode title, it basically writes itself.
wags83

GoT - s07e07

Postby wags83 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:09 pm

DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post Though they are leery of each other at the start, they go on a grand adventure and became best friends in the end. Given the episode title, it basically writes itself.

I think we just figured out what the HBO Game of Thrones spinoff is going to be.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

GoT - s07e07

Postby DannyFanny » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:28 pm

Ok not quite as I previously stated. Episode felt pretty predictable with a few "bombshells" dropped.
Kath525

GoT - s07e07

Postby Kath525 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:32 pm

I feel like the season was a flop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

GoT - s07e07

Postby Tyler » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:55 pm

Watching tonight before we (I) gave up on VR

DannyFanny
Top Contributor

GoT - s07e07

Postby DannyFanny » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:21 pm

Kath525 wrote:Source of the post I feel like the season was a flop

It just feels like this season is fan service.
Tyler
Owner

GoT - s07e07

Postby Tyler » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:19 am

DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post It just feels like this season is fan service.

Especially all of the reunion moments of this episode.
Pod meeting up with all of his old friends
Tyrion and Bronn
The Hound and Brienne. The Hound gave a slight smirk when Brienne said Arya is alive and doesn't need anyone looking after her.

In Winterfell, when Littlefinger closed on the door on Ayra, Wags yelled out that it was a trap for Littlefinger. Kudos to him for catching that. I am soooo glad the Stark girls were proven to be clever. I wonder if they were always working together or did it happen recently. There were a lot of scenes where they seemed to be bickering with no one was around but them, were they that good at putting up a front?

When Qyburn picked up the arm I thought for sure he was going to tell Cersei it was a fake or all an act and they couldn't be trust. In the end it didn't matter, because Cersei is going to do whatever she wants and doesn't care about any oaths.

Intense scene between Jaime and Cersei. Did anyone think for a second Jaime was going to be executed?

We learned a little about Bran's powers. I think it was said he can only see past and present. He also needs to be told to look at something, he can't know everything without knowing what to dig for.

Cleganebowl was so close to happening! The brothers reunited and in a physical bowl shaped arena. Again, a lot of teasing the fans.
and since Corey had no idea what the Cleganebowl was while we were watching together, here you go.
NSFW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psS2IMFkxKo
wags83

GoT - s07e07

Postby wags83 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:45 am

Here's my dilemma:

Tormund is the best character. He was up on the wall when the White Walkers destroyed it with the dragon. We are made to assume he died, BUT it didn't explicitly show him die which, in this show, basically means that he's still alive. BUT there's no way anyone could survive that. So if he's dead I'll be sad and if he's alive I'll be mad.
CrckrJack

GoT - s07e07

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:06 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post Here's my dilemma:

Tormund is the best character. He was up on the wall when the White Walkers destroyed it with the dragon. We are made to assume he died, BUT it didn't explicitly show him die which, in this show, basically means that he's still alive. BUT there's no way anyone could survive that. So if he's dead I'll be sad and if he's alive I'll be mad.

The way i will take this is that they only blew a hole in one spot, they didn't destroy the entire wall.

Should everyone up there be dead? Yes. Every single person. The walkers wouldn't just let people live there. It will be really annoying when he is alive because of plot armor.
wags83

GoT - s07e07

Postby wags83 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:15 am

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post The way i will take this is that they only blew a hole in one spot, they didn't destroy the entire wall.

This was my thought and I kept waiting for them to go back to show him right on the edge of where they blew a hole in the wall and Tormund just barely hanging on to the wall. Instead, they zoomed out and showed that it was an even bigger hole and it seemed like no one who was on the wall could have possibly survived.
Tyler
Owner

Re: GoT - s07e07

Postby Tyler » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:19 am

No way Tormund or Beric died. They ran west on top of the wall and got outside of the danger zone (I assume). Yes, they should have showed it more.
CrckrJack

GoT - s07e07

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:22 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post
CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post The way i will take this is that they only blew a hole in one spot, they didn't destroy the entire wall.

This was my thought and I kept waiting for them to go back to show him right on the edge of where they blew a hole in the wall and Tormund just barely hanging on to the wall. Instead, they zoomed out and showed that it was an even bigger hole and it seemed like no one who was on the wall could have possibly survived.

Yeah it was super annoying. it hardly even looked like they were walking over rubble!
Artukka

GoT - s07e07

Postby Artukka » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:42 pm

Tyler wrote: I wonder if they were always working together or did it happen recently. There were a lot of scenes where they seemed to be bickering with no one was around but them, were they that good at putting up a front?

I think the bickering and suspicion was real. I think it's intended to be ironic that Littlefinger's manipulation backfired: he had Sansa play his "worst motive" game to get her to conclude that Arya wanted to murder her, but Sansa realized that it didn't hold up since Arya wouldn't want to be Lady of Winterfell, which turned her suspicions back on Littlefinger. After that she probably went to Bran to get his input.

It does seem a little weird that Bran would wait until such a late date to tell Sansa about Littlefinger and his past plots against the Starks, but it's possible that the only Littlefinger scene he'd watched up until that point was the "chaos is a ladder" one (which wasn't too incriminating), and that he was to preoccupied with the Night King and his adjustment to being the Three Eyed Raven to think to investigate Littlefinger's past sooner. As you noted, we now know from the way he was surprised by Jon's status as a non-bastard that he doesn't automatically know everything that he is capable of seeing.
purple_hayes

GoT - s07e07

Postby purple_hayes » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:01 am

Artukka wrote:Source of the post
Tyler wrote: I wonder if they were always working together or did it happen recently. There were a lot of scenes where they seemed to be bickering with no one was around but them, were they that good at putting up a front?

I think the bickering and suspicion was real. I think it's intended to be ironic that Littlefinger's manipulation backfired: he had Sansa play his "worst motive" game to get her to conclude that Arya wanted to murder her, but Sansa realized that it didn't hold up since Arya wouldn't want to be Lady of Winterfell, which turned her suspicions back on Littlefinger. After that she probably went to Bran to get his input.

It does seem a little weird that Bran would wait until such a late date to tell Sansa about Littlefinger and his past plots against the Starks, but it's possible that the only Littlefinger scene he'd watched up until that point was the "chaos is a ladder" one (which wasn't too incriminating), and that he was to preoccupied with the Night King and his adjustment to being the Three Eyed Raven to think to investigate Littlefinger's past sooner. As you noted, we now know from the way he was surprised by Jon's status as a non-bastard that he doesn't automatically know everything that he is capable of seeing.

I believe that the scenes of Arya/Sansa were somewhat real but mostly set ups. It could have been real for one like Sansa but a scheme by Arya in order to make for real drama. Sansa would know that Littlefinger has eyes everywhere, she's seen it and he's told her so. So the moments had to be based in reality in order to fool Littlefinger into believing that his plan was working, but in reality it was all a ruse in order to trap him into his own plan.

I feel as though Bran has become too arrogant since turning into the Three Eyed Raven, which was made evident by Sam. Bran believes he has seen everything from the past, the present and the possible future. But as life is so expansive, unless he hones in on a particular situation, he may miss minor details, which is what happened when he thought Jon was a bastard from Dorne and not from the North. Had he investigated the situation a bit further, he would have found the secret wedding like he did. His arrogance blinded him from seeing the truth, and he only saw what he wanted to see. He knew Jon was a bastard, he saw his birth, but instead of finding all of the clues, he had tunnel vision on the moment he became a bastard, not that he could be the true heir to the Iron Throne.
Artukka

GoT - s07e07

Postby Artukka » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:33 pm

It seemed kind of odd to me that Bran would even care that much about Jon not being a bastard. Most nobles only seem to care about the legalities of the succession when it's convenient for them, and it's not like the army of the dead is going to bow before the rightful heir to the Iron Throne. I guess it's prophetically relevant though, "prince (monarch?) that was promised" and all.

Return to “Game of Thrones”