Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Sherlock

Discuss your favorite shows
Tyler
Owner

Sherlock

Postby Tyler » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:22 pm

Mycroft said Sherrinford when he saw the "13th" note. Sherrinford is a 3rd Holmes brother

In His Last Vow, Mycroft is questioned about his feelings for Sherlock and he says
"Don't be absurd. I'm not given to outbursts of brotherly compassion. You know what happened to the other one."

Sherrinford Holmes is a hypothetical elder brother of Sherlock Holmes and Mycroft Holmes. It is believed that his deduction skills exceed those of both his younger brothers. His name is taken from early notes as one of those considered by Arthur Conan Doyle for his detective hero before settling on "Sherlock Holmes"
Tyler
Owner

Sherlock

Postby Tyler » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:27 pm

The actor who plays Mycroft is also a writer and co-creator for the show.
bmyoungs

Sherlock

Postby bmyoungs » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:15 pm

Decent episode, was never a huge fan of Mary so I'm not sad to see her go.
Tyler
Owner

Sherlock

Postby Tyler » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:10 am

s04e02

This week was much better than last's. I was surprised to find myself not annoyed with ghost Mary, she is actually my favorite version of Mary.

Did anyone realize that John's bus crush, his therapist, and the lady Sherlock was helping was the same person? Mind blown when that was revealed! Makes me wonder how young was Eurus (so not Sherringford?) when she was removed from the family? She must have been very young or Sherlock would have recognized her, which he was starting to do after he threw her gun into the water.

New thought. Sherlock said "everyone stops looking after 3". Are Eurus and Sherringford going to be twins? So there are 4 Holmes children?

Toby Jones makes a great creepy villain. I really liked this episode, but I would have liked to see Sherlock come up with more evidence against him. How did Sherlock's sister even get that letter? In the flashback Jones said he wasn't going to let his daughter keep it, and it wasn't even his daughter that came to Sherlock.

Some great humor parts too. Mrs. Hudson being a badass and Lady Smallwood leaving her number for Mycroft.
bmyoungs

Sherlock

Postby bmyoungs » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:52 am

This was a complete return to form amazing episode. Can't wait for this week's!
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Sherlock

Postby Tyler » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:02 am

bmyoungs wrote:This was a complete return to form amazing episode. Can't wait for this week's!

Agreed, it made up for a sucky opener. I'll be watching tomorrow night for sure.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Sherlock

Postby Tyler » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:01 pm

This episode is sooooo intense. I still have 18 minutes left and I have no idea what's going to happen.

I loved Sherlock, John, and Mycroft talking around that grenade. They were all so calm and ready to die in each other's company.
Sarah

Sherlock

Postby Sarah » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:09 am

We're watching now while Marshall takes his morning nap.... This. Is. Messed. Up.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Sherlock

Postby Tyler » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:38 am

Sarah wrote:We're watching now while Marshall takes his morning nap.... This. Is. Messed. Up.

Let me know your thoughts. A lot of the internet disliked or even hated it. I definitely had some issues, but I thought it was better than 401, but not as good as 402.
bmyoungs

Sherlock

Postby bmyoungs » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:51 am

This season didn't have a great flow, episode 2 was the best but I enjoyed 3.

There is no great way to end a series and the format of Sherlock makes it even tougher.

The games she played may have gone a little too far even for as dark as this show is and Redbeard being his best friend instead of dog was pretty fucked up also. I did think the end of the game was a little cheesey.
Sarah

Sherlock

Postby Sarah » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:01 am

bmyoungs wrote:This season didn't have a great flow, episode 2 was the best but I enjoyed 3.

There is no great way to end a series and the format of Sherlock makes it even tougher.

The games she played may have gone a little too far even for as dark as this show is and Redbeard being his best friend instead of dog was pretty fucked up also. I did think the end of the game was a little cheesey.

Ditto.
Tyler
Owner

Sherlock

Postby Tyler » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:51 am

We are all on the same page I think. I like the reveal that Sherlock had a sister he forced himself to forget, but Eurus's powers were stupid. We are suppose to believe she is so smart that she can literally mind control people like Killgrave in Jessica Jones. The problem with this is that we never actually see her do this. There was even a line "anyone who spends time with her is turned", but yet John had numerous private therapy sessions with her and he was unaffected. The writers made her so smart that they weren't smart enough to explain/show how smart she is.

s4e01 turned Sherlock into James Bond. s4e03 turned Sherlock into a Saw movie. How in the world did she have the resources to plan all of this? Darts shooting out of walls with 100% accuracy? Also, Molly was destroyed by her conversation with Sherlock, but at the end of the episode we see her briefly show up and everything is fine. I'm sure Sherlock explained he thought her life was in danger and that's why he did it, but still, that was very damaging to her.

The episode really wants you to have sympathy for Eurus by the end, she is just a poor little girl wanting her brothers to play with her...but she killed a child (when she was one), killed a man and his wife, and killed 3 brothers. She doesn't deserve any sympathy. Also...when she was little she said she drowned the boy. No one thought to look in the wells around the property? How was their not an entire town of people looking for the child, especially if the boy belonged to a different family.

Assuming this is the last season, Mary gets to bookend it with yet another DVD speech? At least the super cheesy ending looks like it restarted Sherlock/John actually solving mysteries. Maybe if the show comes back it will be crime of the week again.

Things I did like:
-Conversation around the sensor grenaid... even though that whole setup was stupid. Eurus could have easily killed them all, that would have defeated her entire plan? Plus, no injuries from jumping out a 2nd story window
-Mycroft trying to get Sherlock so angry that he killed him instead of John. Was touching seeing Mycroft put John before himself
-Moriarty coming back (through a flasbhack) was such a fun part of the episode. Him singing queen was great. That character (through Andrew Scott) brings so much spunk and just makes all the other "super villains" seem lame. I am glad Moriarty didn't end up being a pawn of Eurus, but instead he was resource.

End on a positive note. Nice callback to the first episode
http://imgur.com/a/fKozv
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Sherlock

Postby Blue Jackets » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:10 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Plus, no injuries from jumping out a 2nd story window

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q86Rn4jETVk
wags83

Sherlock

Postby wags83 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:58 am

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post
Tyler wrote:Source of the post Plus, no injuries from jumping out a 2nd story window

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q86Rn4jETVk

Best part of any movie ever.
Tyler
Owner

Sherlock

Postby Tyler » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:23 am

Wow. Now I feel like an idiot. That explains all the plot holes.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Sherlock

Postby Tyler » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:41 pm

Lol. Some fans hoped there was going to be a secret fourth episode on Sunday because "everyone stops counting after 3". I guess there was a show on the schedule for the time slot called "Apple Tree" and some thought that was just a codename.

Nope. They were all wrong.
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 43041.html
bmyoungs

Sherlock

Postby bmyoungs » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:00 am

Tyler wrote:Lol. Some fans hoped there was going to be a secret fourth episode on Sunday because "everyone stops counting after 3". I guess there was a show on the schedule for the time slot called "Apple Tree" and some thought that was just a codename.

Nope. They were all wrong.
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 43041.html

That would have actually been a great idea
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Sherlock

Postby Blue Jackets » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:36 am

Sherlock co-creator Steven Moffat says the series will return... after a "longer gap"
http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/sherlock/n ... onger-gap/?

Return to “Shows”