Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

The Flash on The CW

Discuss your favorite shows
Tyler
Owner

The Flash on The CW

Postby Tyler » Wed May 14, 2014 9:19 pm

First TV spot tonight. Lol at pulling an arrow out of a quiver sounds like a sword being pulled out of a scabbard

It seems like to me The Flash would be aimed at a younger audience than Arrow. I just have a hard time getting behind that character, running fast is not interesting enough to me.
[youtube]rnXsnR-2AvU[/youtube]
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Re: The Flash on The CW

Postby DannyFanny » Wed May 14, 2014 9:31 pm

he can also speed up his heart to make it appear he is flatlining. So, he has that going for him...
Tyler
Owner

The Flash on The CW

Postby Tyler » Sun May 18, 2014 7:04 pm

Extended trailer has changed my mind on the show. Looks pretty rad. I'll watch
[youtube]Yj0l7iGKh8g[/youtube]
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:26 pm

This pilot was leaked months ago, but the show actually starts tonight? Will anyone be watching? I will check it out, if its as good as Arrow I will be happy.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:30 pm

Hmmm, I haven't decided if I wanna watch yet.
awright

Postby awright » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:33 pm

I'll be watching at some point this week...don't know much about The Flash character
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:54 pm

awright wrote:I'll be watching at some point this week...don't know much about The Flash character

In the same boat for both things. It's not a top priority, but I will watch it by next week.

I actually think The Flash is lame (as I've said before), but CW does superheroes well enough for me to check it out.
awright

Postby awright » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:57 pm

Eerily similar to Smallville for me. I tried rewatching that awhile back and it's too geared for a younger audience. I heard The Flash was more mild mannered than Green Arrow though...I need the opinion of someone who has seen both, if not all three
awright

Postby awright » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:08 pm

Well, there's the Green Arrow! I will probably not be watching week two but I'll stick with Gotham instead
Tyler
Owner

The Flash on The CW

Postby Tyler » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:01 pm

It was alright. Lead reminds me a lot of Andrew Garfield. I expected the show to be silly, but they were able to keep most of that under control. Green Arrow saying "coool" was a little cheesy tho.

I like the origin story, true to the comics as far as I know. So Barry's mom was killed by a super power dude and that same super power just happens to find Barry?

I really don't care for the ending with the look at the future newspaper
awright

The Flash on The CW

Postby awright » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:12 pm

It was way cheesy! Well, the villain definitely was...it's going to be identical to Smallville in that each episode will have some lame evil person that got that way from the same storm/experimental disaster he got his power from. Then there will be the occasional bad dude we know and get excited for but we won't get a closer look at until a later season
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:48 pm

I hope it's not like that. I don't want a bunch of one off lame villains. Arrow is certainly a better show just by the nature of no super powers (for the most part)
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:01 pm

This show is pretty good. It borrows a lot from Arrow. Team of tech people behind the scenes helping out, flashbacks to a different story line, etc. The flashbacks in The Flash are completely pointless though, I don't care about seeing an 8 year old Barry Allen, I get he witnessed his mother's murder, but the flashbacks add nothing else other than explaining back story with the detective and girl

Is the doctor bad? I think he is a little bit of chaotic good
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:53 pm

Pretty much a weekly catch the bad guy but I like it. Looks like next weeks has the guy from Prison Break as the villain and Arrow crossover
awright

Postby awright » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:24 am

Called it! I'll still continue to watch for awhile to see if it stacks up.

The crossovers might be what keeps the show alive for awhile.

Random side note, I never finished Smallville but remember being so excited about Martian Manhunter appearing. What ever became of that? (I know I know, wrong thread)
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:45 am

The ending of smallville had the coolest JSA season ever. If you were excited about Martian Manhunter, everything that followed was even cooler :)
awright

Postby awright » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:57 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:The ending of smallville had the coolest JSA season ever. If you were excited about Martian Manhunter, everything that followed was even cooler :)

I tried to approach the series again last fall but was unable to get past the initial cheesiness but you make me want to give it another shot. Maybe the smarter option would be trying to jump in closer to where I left off so many years ago.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:10 am

Good call on that. Rewatching the entire thing sounds like a nightmare. I'd just go to where you left off, the story is spread out enough that you'd catch back up quick.
Tyler
Owner

The Flash on The CW

Postby Tyler » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:05 pm

I liked Felicity on this episode. She's always good and it helps establish the universe better.

I also like Wentworth Miller (from Prison Break), but his character was kind of lame. They had chances to shoot him at point blank range and no one did. First time they didn't catch the bad guy, first not one and done episode.

The Flash runs 300mph on the treadmill, but he's so much faster than that when flying through the train saving people.

Who is the guy at the end?!
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:06 pm

I wonder if Barry has to slow down? Why stop after dropping off the window washer?

Return to “Shows”