Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

The Flash on The CW

Discuss your favorite shows
Sarah

Re: The Flash on The CW

Postby Sarah » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:05 pm

The time wraith is a neat concept I guess - maybe we'll see those demetors on Legends of Tomorrow?
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:13 pm

Sarah wrote:The time wraith is a neat concept I guess - maybe we'll see those demetors on Legends of Tomorrow?

Good call, I didn't even think of them showing up on the show all about time travel.
ejhartman91

Postby ejhartman91 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:28 am

Tyler wrote:That was a fun time travel epiosde. They always talk about the risks of time travel but it all always works out okay. What Barry did would have huge impacts on things other than just a bad guy turning good.

Yeah I expected a lot more to have been changed. Maybe we'll see some of that in the coming episodes.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Keystone City was mentioned like 3 times this episode. Have we heard of this place before?

We also saw how the Supergirl crossover happened. Silly Barry didn't mention that since it was him traveling to another multi-verse... You know, the thing they were trying to do

Well that was stupid of them. Barry had unlimited chances to kill Zoom when they were just standing around and talking. They don't need to honor their deal. Get Wally. Kill Zoom.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:45 pm

Barry has no powers, better send him in to fight a metahuman. Flawless logic.

Also, Zoom is being nice to Kaitlyn because he has a crush on her, but it was actually the Zoom that got killed that did. This Zoom didn't have a relationship with her in any way. Or was the dead Zoom past Zoom, and he has the memories of being on earth 1 with her, but if that were true then bad Zoom should be dead?
Sarah

Postby Sarah » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:49 am

Tyler wrote:Barry has no powers, better send him in to fight a metahuman. Flawless logic.

Also, Zoom is being nice to Kaitlyn because he has a crush on her, but it was actually the Zoom that got killed that did. This Zoom didn't have a relationship with her in any way. Or was the dead Zoom past Zoom, and he has the memories of being on earth 1 with her, but if that were true then bad Zoom should be dead?

Zoom said at some point that dead Zoom was a "time remnant" or something like that... So I think they're the same person?
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:56 am

You're exactly right, he did call dead zoom that. I guess the question is what is a Time Remnant then? I thought maybe future Zoom ran to the past so 2 Zooms could exist at the same time. But Zoom also said he had to convince his old self to let him kill him...idk. I just need to stop thinking logically about time travel.

Next week's episode is Kevin Smith's BTW
Tyler
Owner

The Flash on The CW

Postby Tyler » Tue May 03, 2016 1:17 pm

Tonight is Kevin Smith's episode. I'll watch it later this week I'm sure.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: The Flash on The CW

Postby Tyler » Tue May 03, 2016 8:48 pm

Tyler wrote:Tonight is Kevin Smith's episode. I'll watch it later this week I'm sure.

....NOT. I was going off of coworker's word and he had the week wrong. It's next week.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue May 03, 2016 9:51 pm

What an episode.
First off, Barry's grandma has the same last night as Jay? They made the connection and went right past it. In a world where everyone seems to be connected how did this not trigger a red flag and who might be the man in the mask.

I wonder if this is how Wally gets his speed. Wally West in the Flash in some of the comic runs. I actually have no desire to see another speedster introduced.

0% chance Barry is dead? That was pretty intense when he exploded, but he'll come back somehow.

Zoom's motivations make no sense. Why does he leave Kaitlin alone? Where is be running off too? His excuse of not killing them because he cares about Kaitlin is lame. However, him breaking all of those necks was brutal.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed May 11, 2016 6:48 pm

Some people liked Smith's episode, but Barry stuck in the speed force did nothing for me. I thought it dragged on for too long and was boring. I'm glad Barry got his speed back and back on earth 1
Sarah

The Flash on The CW

Postby Sarah » Thu May 12, 2016 5:36 pm

That was the most boring episode ever.
ejhartman91

The Flash on The CW

Postby ejhartman91 » Fri May 13, 2016 9:43 am

Very emotional episode. Barry is back! As if we ever thought he was truly gone... Also what was with the "it's the speed force!" Deal where he magically heals Wells' daughter at the end?
Tyler
Owner

The Flash on The CW

Postby Tyler » Fri May 13, 2016 9:48 am

ejhartman91 wrote:Source of the post Very emotional episode. Barry is back! As if we ever thought he was truly gone... Also what was with the "it's the speed force!" Deal where he magically heals Wells' daughter at the end?

I bet the daughter is now a Speedster and Barry knew how to wake her up from her speed force comma since he was in one before?

Of course we knew Barry would be back, that is why I found the whole "death" and conversations with the speed force to be filler
Tyler
Owner

The Flash on The CW

Postby Tyler » Tue May 24, 2016 6:36 am

The actor who plays Zoom was intervewed on the Fat Man on Batman podcast. About half way through that.
Tyler
Owner

The Flash on The CW

Postby Tyler » Tue May 24, 2016 1:50 pm

Are we going to learn who the guy in the mask is tonight? It's the finale!
Tyler
Owner

The Flash on The CW

Postby Tyler » Tue May 24, 2016 9:08 pm

Sarah wrote:Source of the post I think mask guy is actually Jay Garrick

You were right. I think we also threw out a theory that it was Barry's dad. That was partially right too.

I bet that was pretty cool for the actor to wear the Flash costume again 25 years later.

Overall I wasn't blown away by the episode. Last year's finale was so much stronger. The machine to blow up all the multi-verses was kind of lame and it was very predictable that Barry would time remnant himself to beat Zoom. The kiss between Barry and Iris didn't even give me butterflies in my stomach.

The last 2 minutes were interesting. Did Barry just erase his existence as The Flash?

I laughed when it showed Zoom casually working on his death machine. Why wouldn't he use his speed and finish it in a matter of seconds? Why would he ever be standing still and vulnerable?
Sarah

The Flash on The CW

Postby Sarah » Tue May 24, 2016 9:14 pm

Agree on all points! I think maybe he just overwrote that timeline. He couldn't have deleted himself... Right?
Tyler
Owner

The Flash on The CW

Postby Tyler » Tue May 24, 2016 9:29 pm

Sarah wrote:Source of the post Agree on all points! I think maybe he just overwrote that timeline. He couldn't have deleted himself... Right?

He wouldn't delete himself, but by his mother living it wouldn't set things in motion for him to become The Flash. I am sure we will spend half a season of him rediscovering everything and finding a way to get his powers back. The whole team won't know him either so he will have to start from scratch.
Tyler
Owner

The Flash on The CW

Postby Tyler » Wed May 25, 2016 7:02 am

Sarah, watch the animated movie The Flashpoint Paradox. I think Barry saving his mom means we are going to get that story line, which is amazing. But, if they don't have all the DC characters I'm not sure how interesting it will be.

Return to “Shows”