Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Silicon Valley

Discuss your favorite shows
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Silicon Valley

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed May 03, 2017 9:12 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post It's not so much about the videos being accessed. Its about older people talking to the kids in the first place. That's the whole reason the law was put into place to require parent's permission for those types of applications.

From my understanding all the law did was put a checkbox saying "I have my guardian's permission to use the app". I thought in the show they even said the app is only being used to talk to friends, not random strangers, but the issue seemed to be no ToS and that the chats were being recorded?

Someone re-watch the carwash lawyer scene!

You're probably right on the law, but they didnt' cover their ass, so they are in troubbllleeee. App might be only to talk to friends, but how hard is the app to add strangers as friends.
Tyler
Owner

Silicon Valley

Postby Tyler » Wed May 03, 2017 9:18 am

"I know that, in the fable, the Pied Piper led all the children into darkness, but now we're doing it..."

Does Hooli have the middle-out algorithm now since they own Piper chat?

also....
10 Facts You Didn't Know about Gavin Belson : Code/Rag
Tyler
Owner

Silicon Valley

Postby Tyler » Wed May 03, 2017 9:21 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post You're probably right on the law, but they didnt' cover their ass, so they are in troubbllleeee. App might be only to talk to friends, but how hard is the app to add strangers as friends.

Fair enough. I'll stop getting hung up on this. It's the same level of difficulty for a random creep to get a girl's username on Piperchat or Skype, I guess the difference is Skype wouldn't be held accountable because they had a checkbox in place...even though the underaged kid clicked it without actually asking for permission.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Silicon Valley

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed May 03, 2017 9:32 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post You're probably right on the law, but they didnt' cover their ass, so they are in troubbllleeee. App might be only to talk to friends, but how hard is the app to add strangers as friends.

Fair enough. I'll stop getting hung up on this. It's the same level of difficulty for a random creep to get a girl's username on Piperchat or Skype, I guess the difference is Skype wouldn't be held accountable because they had a checkbox in place...even though the underaged kid clicked it without actually asking for permission.

Right, it doesn't actually do anything.
Tyler
Owner

Silicon Valley

Postby Tyler » Tue May 09, 2017 7:26 am

After 4 seasons Gavin finally lost control of Hooli and got the boot. I almost feel sad for him? I love that he has always been obsessed with using live animals as metaphors and Jared once saw him throw a sloth down a flight of stairs.

I really liked all of the callbacks in Peter Gregory's storage. The smart car the kidnapped Jared and brought him to an oil rig and the sesame seeds.

Also great how they are so mean to Richard all the time regarding his business decisions.
"You know who walks away from that kind of money Jian Yang? Richard. A crazy person. He walked away from ten million dollars. Now look at him. Wet pants. Stealing towels. Babbling about technical issues he can't solve. Is this how you want to end up?"
*sigh* "You're right, he is a cautionary tale"

I read online, but can't find proof, that the actress who plays Laurie was/is actually pregnant. If that's true, this is the greatest way to write a pregnancy into a show. "Congratulations!" "For what?" "Being pregnant" "Oh"

Denish's entire relationship is based off of mutual hate for Gilfoyle, what a strong foundation

Someone on Reddit is working on a SeeFood app, but it's called Bitesnap.
On Twitter:
Erlich Bachman @RealErlich
I'm giving @getbitesnap a cease and desist letter to immediately shut down or they will see me in court! How dare they steal MY idea.
Blue Jackets

Silicon Valley

Postby Blue Jackets » Fri May 12, 2017 6:31 am

Tyler
Owner

Silicon Valley

Postby Tyler » Fri May 12, 2017 7:49 am

So many funny youtube videos! Zach Woods is so awkward in real life, it's perfect
Tyler
Owner

Silicon Valley

Postby Tyler » Wed May 17, 2017 2:21 pm

-Richard and Gavin are officially partners. Will they finally be able to get along?
-You knew as soon as Erlich got the Corvette and gave up his 10% that Jian Yang had a lot of money coming his way
-I love Bighead stumbling into success. By making a class watch movies he taught them how to create their own company and beat Erlich.

LOLOLOLOL
The hotdog app is the app store
https://itunes.apple.com/app/not-hotdog/id1212457521
Not Hotdog
By SeeFood Technologies Inc.
Tyler
Owner

Silicon Valley

Postby Tyler » Tue May 23, 2017 8:12 am

Who else thought Gavin was going to jump off a building or something? Nope, just taking his private jet on a vacation. Pretty big of him to give Richard the patent though. Read a nice thought on Reddit.
More or less saw this take on Reddit:As egocentric as he is, Gavin cherishes his "start" and saved the garage to remember working with his friends and starting something great. I think him sending Richard the picture of himself was the same gesture. He wants Richard to have the first piece of new internet memorabilia.
How I read that scene: "what about his brain?" *insert massive picture of Gavin's head with a formula written on his brain.

S3x is just foreplay for pillow talk.

The Monica and Erlich subplot was fun. I like how Erlich actually knew what he was talking about and was able to help Monica. "Just like you said...." "I didn't say any of that".
Was also sadly touching when Laurie called Monica her best friend.
Here is their new company. Website won't load here for me though
https://breamhall.com/

No way that's the last we see of Mia. I'm sure she will be able to detect Dinesh is the one who ratted her out and she will come after her. I can't wait for Gilfoyle to be the one to save Dinesh and take her down.
*Gold Foil I meant

I laughed every time "bloodboy" was said this episode. I also think Jocelyn is getting annoyed with me because I laugh 100% at the things Jared/Donald says. I love his character so much.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Silicon Valley

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue May 23, 2017 8:15 am

Jared might be the funniest character in any show. I think I've said it before, but I wish that was how Tandy was built.

Erlich and Monica was a nice takeaway from the normal stuff.

Mia is going to kill Dinesh.

Also, that sign at the end was hilarious. He basically plastered the equation all over his face and signed it as a gift, and I think he was actually trying to be sincere and nice, but this will definitely come up again and he'll claim it was his idea, and that'll be the smoking gun.
Tyler
Owner

Silicon Valley

Postby Tyler » Tue May 23, 2017 9:29 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post He basically plastered the equation all over his face and signed it as a gift

Omg, you need to pay attention more. Richard wrote that equation in the previous episode. Maybe Gavin modified it though.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Silicon Valley

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue May 23, 2017 10:35 am

Tyler wrote:
cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post He basically plastered the equation all over his face and signed it as a gift

Omg, you need to pay attention more. Richard wrote that equation in the previous episode. Maybe Gavin modified it though.

I know Richard did. But Gavin put it on his face and signed it. Richard has no proof he came up with it AFAIK
Tyler
Owner

Silicon Valley

Postby Tyler » Tue May 23, 2017 10:45 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post I know Richard did. But Gavin put it on his face and signed it. Richard has no proof he came up with it AFAIK

Nope. Richard wrote it on Gavin's head last episode. It showed it on the "previously on" segment
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Silicon Valley

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue May 23, 2017 10:48 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post I know Richard did. But Gavin put it on his face and signed it. Richard has no proof he came up with it AFAIK

Nope. Richard wrote it on Gavin's head last episode. It showed it on the "previously on" segment

Ohhhh, didn't remember. Don't watch the previously on either. Last week I was busy doing wedding shit, so I didn't pay much attention. It's ruining the whole season for me now!!!
Tyler
Owner

Silicon Valley

Postby Tyler » Tue May 23, 2017 10:50 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Last week I was busy doing wedding shit, so I didn't pay much attention. It's ruining the whole season for me now!!!

Better start over with s01e01
Tyler
Owner

Silicon Valley

Postby Tyler » Tue May 23, 2017 9:06 pm

Blue Jackets

Silicon Valley

Postby Blue Jackets » Fri May 26, 2017 6:22 am

bmyoungs

Silicon Valley

Postby bmyoungs » Fri May 26, 2017 6:39 am

Blue Jackets wrote:Silicon Valley and VEEP both get renewed by HBO

T.J. Miller Exiting HBO's 'Silicon Valley'
The actor won't be back for season five of the comedy.

Whaaaat

Return to “Shows”