Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Silicon Valley

Discuss your favorite shows
Tyler
Owner

Re: Silicon Valley

Postby Tyler » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:20 pm

Agreed. They could try spinning the video chat into a different product, especially if it has better quality than a Skype and takes less data.
Tyler
Owner

Silicon Valley

Postby Tyler » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:13 pm

I liked Danesh and Gilfoyle playing it so smooth with Richard. Jared continued to be hilarious this episode.

As soon as they said the blog was sold for 2 million dollars I knew those two would buy the company. Will be interesting to see how they change the business next year. I actually felt really nostalgic when the episode ended with all of them around the table playing "always blue"

Is a video app sexy though? Will that be the go forward app or will they use it to get more users and then introduce more aspects of the platform?
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Silicon Valley

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:07 am

The exchange with Dinesh and Gilfoyle was hilarious.

I loved the end, but was really hoping Gavin was done for. I'm tired of his character.

Also...is Laurie hot???! At first, i would say absolutely not, but for some reason this episode, I thought so.
Tyler
Owner

Silicon Valley

Postby Tyler » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:12 am

Why do you say Gavin isn't done? How can he continue to be the villain? He didn't buy the company and he has a completely different product than Pied Piper.

Yes, the 49 year old actress who plays Laurie is very pretty and it occasionally shines though Laurie.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Silicon Valley

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:16 am

He will still be a side character in the background doing stupid stuff. He's occasionally funny, but I think he's outplayed his plot. He wants to crush Richard.

Speaking of that. Hooli didn't place out a project due to not having the compression. Jack coming to the company and holding up a picture of the product doesn't mean they suddenly have the compression figured out. Also, noncompete. Also, patents mean they can't just put out that project even if they did recreate it.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Silicon Valley

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:25 am

Fun Fact: Laurie was the girl at the window of the shelter in 10 Cloverfield Lane
Tyler
Owner

Silicon Valley

Postby Tyler » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:48 am

I was excited that Silicon Valley would be starting up soon since it's the new year, I forgot that it is typically an April show...
bmyoungs

Silicon Valley

Postby bmyoungs » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:56 am

Tyler wrote:I was excited that Silicon Valley would be starting up soon since it's the new year, I forgot that it is typically an April show...

Damn
Blue Jackets

Silicon Valley

Postby Blue Jackets » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:01 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I was excited that Silicon Valley would be starting up soon since it's the new year, I forgot that it is typically an April show...

‘Silicon Valley’ Season 4 Gets April 23 Premiere Date On HBO
Tyler
Owner

Silicon Valley

Postby Tyler » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:58 pm

WOOOOOOOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8sCCf82Nf8
Blue Jackets

Silicon Valley

Postby Blue Jackets » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:39 am

cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Silicon Valley

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:53 pm

I won't watch the trailer, but I'm pretty damn excited for this to be on.
Blue Jackets

Silicon Valley

Postby Blue Jackets » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:43 am

Came back last night.
Tyler
Owner

Silicon Valley

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:21 am

Changes to the intro
The attention to detail in this is awesome
Tyler
Owner

Silicon Valley

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:32 am

Helpful to watch this before the episode. The premiere had a "previous on" part, but this offered a little more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekciwN0qxx8

401 was great. I really love this show. The jokes are constant and I think the plot is super interesting. I would be lying if I said this episode wasn't emotional too. It was sad seeing Richard leave the company that he started and Dinesh using the CEO chair. I hope he continues living in the house with them all. Is Russ going to fund Richard starting a new internet? Russ is an idiot, but he's good at reading people.

Some great parts:
-Richard assuming they would all follow him to the next room
-The group wanting to confront Richard and he comes in the back door and they are all standing with their back to him "Shit, he came in the back!" and then Jared running in trying to protect him
-Anything Jared does or says "I've always been very adept at taking on the shape of whatever shoe was pressed down upon me". Richard treating him like a puppy. "Go on. Get out of here". "When I was out on the street, it was a means of survival". When Richard couldn't unlock the locks on the car door "I was babysitting my friend Gloria's great granddaughter"
-Dinesh asking Gilfoyle if he could be the CEO.
-Elrich and Big Head using Skype to talk to Big Head's dad because his dad refuses to support the business
-Their attempts to impress the VC by having a staged phone call
-Gavin using company time, jet, money for a week just to prove a point of 28 miles
-Russ not knowing what school his kids go to

Lastly, did Richard's new internet plan make any sense?
I was on board with the using phones' processing power when they are in a pocket, but that would be a huge drain on batteries and I'm not sure how that leads to a new internet since the phones are connected to existing cellular
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Silicon Valley

Postby cwilkins88 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:25 pm

The staged vc was actually pretty clever and would've been an awesome pitch if it weren't for like...the kidnapping thing.

The new internet thing could make sense. It wouldn't do a lot of the things he said like make it more secure. If anything it'd be the opposite?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
bmyoungs

Silicon Valley

Postby bmyoungs » Mon May 01, 2017 5:56 pm

What a whirlwind this episode was

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Silicon Valley

Postby Tyler » Wed May 03, 2017 7:17 am

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post What a whirlwind this episode was

Dinesh is a bad CEO, but I totally understand why he didn't want Richard involved, but Richard getting involved saved his butt!

Explain exactly how they were in violation? Yes, kids under 13 were using the app without checking the "I have my parent's permission", but they made it seem like all of the videos they had were being recorded and could be accessed by perverts. That's not how things work!
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Silicon Valley

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed May 03, 2017 8:56 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post What a whirlwind this episode was

Dinesh is a bad CEO, but I totally understand why he didn't want Richard involved, but Richard getting involved saved his butt!

Explain exactly how they were in violation? Yes, kids under 13 were using the app without checking the "I have my parent's permission", but they made it seem like all of the videos they had were being recorded and could be accessed by perverts. That's not how things work!

It's not so much about the videos being accessed. Its about older people talking to the kids in the first place. That's the whole reason the law was put into place to require parent's permission for those types of applications.
Tyler
Owner

Silicon Valley

Postby Tyler » Wed May 03, 2017 9:09 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post It's not so much about the videos being accessed. Its about older people talking to the kids in the first place. That's the whole reason the law was put into place to require parent's permission for those types of applications.

From my understanding all the law did was put a checkbox saying "I have my guardian's permission to use the app". I thought in the show they even said the app is only being used to talk to friends, not random strangers, but the issue seemed to be no ToS and that the chats were being recorded?

Someone re-watch the carwash lawyer scene!

Return to “Shows”