Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Silicon Valley

Discuss your favorite shows
Tyler
Owner

Re: Silicon Valley

Postby Tyler » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:01 am

Tyler wrote:Explain the Hooli thing to me. Evie is talking during that. They are firing 1/5 people because the severance they pay out is cheaper than the stock they get back? Was does the non compete have to do with this?

Talking with Feddersen helped. We pieced some of it together more.
*something wrong with the contract relating to the non-compete. They want to fire people* - still a little confused here.
If they fire people without cause they need to pay out a severance and the employee keeps their stock.
If they fire people WITH cause they do not pay severance and stock is returned to the company.
20% of employees are performing below expected results. They now have just cause to fire 1/5 of the staff without any penalty, it is actually in their benefit to do so.
Bighead is the only one offered severance because they need to buy his silence.

Also... RIGBY...Richard is great, but y'know
bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Mon May 02, 2016 1:45 pm

Richard got played big time.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon May 02, 2016 1:55 pm

bmyoungs wrote:Richard got played big time.

Oh man, why did I read this thread without watching the episode first? This is no surprise though. New CEO was too good to be true.
Tyler
Owner

Silicon Valley

Postby Tyler » Wed May 04, 2016 6:31 am

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post Richard got played big time.

I want to see what the board has to say about all of the changes made by the CEO. If they are actually a bad idea I would think they would speak up.
I understand that Richard is upset because his creation was stripped of everything he wanted for it and Pied Piper is now literally the opposite of what it started as. However, is the CEO actually making poor business/capital decisions?

What is going to happen to the Hooli guys? Are they all going to stick together or each of them take this algorithm to a different company and the market is going to be flooded with this inside out compression algorithms? I thought them accidentally uncovering the secret to how it worked was kind of a stretch. One of them created an automated way to clean search history, then noticed the motion of an exercise machine...something..something..boom. Done.
bmyoungs

Silicon Valley

Postby bmyoungs » Wed May 04, 2016 6:42 am

Tyler wrote:
bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post Richard got played big time.

I want to see what the board has to say about all of the changes made by the CEO. If they are actually a bad idea I would think they would speak up.
I understand that Richard is upset because his creation was stripped of everything he wanted for it and Pied Piper is now literally the opposite of what it started as. However, is the CEO actually making poor business/capital decisions?

What is going to happen to the Hooli guys? Are they all going to stick together or each of them take this algorithm to a different company and the market is going to be flooded with this inside out compression algorithms? I thought them accidentally uncovering the secret to how it worked was kind of a stretch. One of them created an automated way to clean search history, then noticed the motion of an exercise machine...something..something..boom. Done.

As opposed to figuring it out while discussing how to jerk off 4 Dicks at once?
Tyler
Owner

Silicon Valley

Postby Tyler » Wed May 04, 2016 6:53 am

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post As opposed to figuring it out while discussing how to jerk off 4 Dicks at once?

Lol. Exactly. That scene made way more sense.
bmyoungs

Silicon Valley

Postby bmyoungs » Wed May 04, 2016 6:59 am

Tyler wrote:
bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post As opposed to figuring it out while discussing how to jerk off 4 Dicks at once?

Lol. Exactly. That scene made way more sense.

I do agree the hooli guess figuring it out was a little too simple. Maybe because they had been made to look like idiots while Richard is the genius compression guy.
bmyoungs

Silicon Valley

Postby bmyoungs » Mon May 09, 2016 8:51 pm

Well Richard is just dumb

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon May 09, 2016 10:03 pm

I haven't watched yet, but leaving this here for me http://brobible.com/entertainment/artic ... -spoilers/
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Silicon Valley

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue May 10, 2016 7:34 am

First off all, Jared making the Django unchained joke had to be my biggest lol moment of the show so far. Idk why, but it landed hard with me.
bmyoungs

Silicon Valley

Postby bmyoungs » Tue May 10, 2016 12:21 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:First off all, Jared making the Django unchained joke had to be my biggest lol moment of the show so far. Idk why, but it landed hard with me.

That was absolutely amazing. Jared is my favorite character.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue May 10, 2016 8:40 pm

No way, the final chain joke was way better than django. I like Jared a lot too because his role is the most like mine at work.

Jocelyn and I both knew they were going to ruin the plan somehow immediately, never imagined it would be as glorious as that.
bmyoungs

Silicon Valley

Postby bmyoungs » Tue May 10, 2016 8:45 pm

The theory you posted is so perfect. I hope that's what happens because I don't want Richard to be that dumb

Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Silicon Valley

Postby Tyler » Mon May 16, 2016 5:12 pm

bmyoungs wrote:The theory you posted is so perfect. I hope that's what happens because I don't want Richard to be that dumb

Lol, he's that dumb. But something actually went in their favor for once! I like how they hated the box but are so passionate about their work they couldn't help but improve it.
Wallinguana

Silicon Valley

Postby Wallinguana » Mon May 16, 2016 6:02 pm

I thought this was one of the funniest episodes in a while. I loved the bulldog. I loved TJ Miller coughing uncontrollably during the pivotal moment. And I will now and forever refer to people as more useless than a bag of dicks without a handle.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon May 16, 2016 6:23 pm

The coughing fit was great. You think he's done and it just starts all over.
bmyoungs

Silicon Valley

Postby bmyoungs » Mon May 16, 2016 8:53 pm

That was so great. I was hoping Monica would be in charge for a bit.

JocelynJane

Silicon Valley

Postby JocelynJane » Mon May 16, 2016 8:58 pm

Lol'ed quite a bit when Richard was telling the CEO (forgot his name) off, slipped, and hit his face.
Tyler
Owner

Silicon Valley

Postby Tyler » Mon May 16, 2016 9:09 pm

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post That was so great. I was hoping Monica would be in charge for a bit.

Werd, I was hoping she would be rewarded as a placeholder for standing up to the board and being right. I am glad she sided with Richard and she brought up how she said she would in a situation like this
Tyler
Owner

Silicon Valley

Postby Tyler » Mon May 16, 2016 9:10 pm

JocelynJane wrote:Source of the post Lol'ed quite a bit when Richard was telling the CEO (forgot his name) off, slipped, and hit his face.

https://zippy.gfycat.com/MammothFatherlyJay.webm

Return to “Shows”