Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Marvel's Agent Carter

Discuss your favorite shows
Tyler
Owner

Marvel's Agent Carter

Postby Tyler » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:47 am

Marvel’s Agent Carter, starring Captain America’s Hayley Atwell, follows the story of Peggy Carter. It’s 1946, and peace has dealt Peggy Carter a serious blow as she finds herself marginalised when the men return home from fighting abroad. Working for the covert SSR (Strategic Scientific Reserve), Peggy must balance doing administrative work and going on secret missions for Howard Stark all while trying to navigate life as a single woman in America, in the wake of losing the love of her life – Steve Rogers.

I also read Howard Stark will be in the show, so it will kind of be a SHIELD origin story.
awright

Re: Marvel's Agent Carter

Postby awright » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:08 pm

Maybe if we stick with it and don't fall behind, we'll enjoy it more than Agents of Shield
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:44 pm

awright wrote:Maybe if we stick with it and don't fall behind, we'll enjoy it more than Agents of Shield

I didn't fall behind on Agents of SHIELD, I decided to stop watching it because it wasn't good.

Agent Carter is only suppose to be 8 episodes for season 1, so I can do that.
awright

Postby awright » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:26 pm

Lol this won't be good either. Our only hope is daredevil and Luke Cage. Wish we didn't have to wait so long
Huss Buss
Top Contributor

Postby Huss Buss » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:14 am

when it is coming airing?
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:37 am

Huss Buss wrote:when it is coming airing?

Going to start in the mid season break of Agents of SHIELD next year
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:11 pm

Anyone going to be watching this? Starts in Jan. I will not be.
bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:06 pm

Meh I've been watching shield but doubt ill watch this
wags83

Postby wags83 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:01 pm

I still haven't gotten back into Shield so I doubt it.
Huss Buss
Top Contributor

Postby Huss Buss » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:36 pm

will be dvring
awright

Postby awright » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:18 pm

I saw Chad Michael Murray is in this too as some bad ass agent...it's only a 7 part series though so I'll check it out. I'm skeptical about Agent Carter as a human hero, I am more excited for the possibility of Emily Blunt someday playing a super hero role. If we're talking women's roles here, Gamora should have been done way better and been the "most dangerous woman in the universe" like she deserved to be.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:35 pm

Gamora was the weakest thing in Guardians of the Galaxy. Emily Blunt could make a good Captain Marvel
Huss Buss
Top Contributor

Postby Huss Buss » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:31 pm

starting to watch it
awright

Postby awright » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:23 pm

Recorded and starting now. I follow the current writer of the Amazing Spidey run on Twitter and he was raving about it. Then again, his nerdom is a much higher level than mine and I have low expectations going in.

Did see the Ant-Man trailer earlier...I don't know what I was expecting but I definitely wasn't blown out of the water. I never am by trailers though so it's going to be interesting. Saw so many sites asking if this is Marvel's first flop (Unrelated to Carter, sorry)
awright

Postby awright » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:39 am

Watched the first hour episode and enjoyed it. I know a lot of people had problems with the first Captain America film because the time the film was set in and this occurs directly after so it takes getting used to again. I always had a problem with more recent movies set in this era just because they have to use so many extra effects to create the world. As you can imagine, a TV show with nowhere near the budget of a big time movie has to manage to do so with a lot less tech to make it happen.

Loved Jarvis as Howard Stark's butler! Didn't see that coming. Also wondering if Peggy's eventual husband that is shown in a picture during Cap 2 is in the show. I know in the movie she referenced that he was actually saved by Steve in the first movie but it's been awhile since I've seen it and I am too lazy to cross reference actors. You suppose the injured, one-legged agent in the SSH is her future husband?
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:08 am

That is cool about Jarvis. Is Howard Stark played by the same actor in the movies?

The art style looked interesting from the ads, I'm glad you appreciated it.
awright

Postby awright » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:22 pm

Tyler wrote:That is cool about Jarvis. Is Howard Stark played by the same actor in the movies?

The art style looked interesting from the ads, I'm glad you appreciated it.

Same actor!

I'm going to continue to watch! I don't know if the first 2 hour premiere night counts as one or two parts of the 7 part series though!
Huss Buss
Top Contributor

Postby Huss Buss » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:23 pm

i really enjoy the premiere. it had a good amount of action, and i like the cross over with the movie at the beginning.

Also the people love Captain, since they were doing radio stories/plays about him.
awright

Postby awright » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:52 pm

Huss Buss wrote:i really enjoy the premiere. it had a good amount of action, and i like the cross over with the movie at the beginning.

Also the people love Captain, since they were doing radio stories/plays about him.

I wanted as much cross over as possible to keep it interesting so I enjoyed the flashbacks as well. The radio stories were really well incorporated!! I liked the guy slapping a big thick cut of meat for the action sound effects lolz
Huss Buss
Top Contributor

Postby Huss Buss » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:08 pm

awright wrote:
Huss Buss wrote:i really enjoy the premiere. it had a good amount of action, and i like the cross over with the movie at the beginning.

I wanted as much cross over as possible to keep it interesting so I enjoyed the flashbacks as well. The radio stories were really well incorporated!! I liked the guy slapping a big thick cut of meat for the action sound effects lolz

Werd the sound effects were spot on, just very interesting what they used to make that noise.

Return to “Shows”