The Leftovers on HBO

Discuss your favorite shows
Tyler
Owner

The Leftovers on HBO

Postby Tyler » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:25 pm

I made Jocelyn watch the pilot with me yesterday. I have so many questions! I think she liked it enough to watch at least one more with me.

A lot of shows use the 3 step reveal method, gradually making it more obvious to the viewer and then flat out explaining it to them. I was happy to figure out the sheriff's and cult lady's relationship before he literally screamed "SHE'S MY WIFE!"
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

The Leftovers on HBO

Postby cwilkins88 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:42 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I made Jocelyn watch the pilot with me yesterday. I have so many questions! I think she liked it enough to watch at least one more with me.

A lot of shows use the 3 step reveal method, gradually making it more obvious to the viewer and then flat out explaining it to them. I was happy to figure out the sheriff's and cult lady's relationship before he literally screamed "SHE'S MY WIFE!"

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. 6 months later.
Tyler
Owner

The Leftovers on HBO

Postby Tyler » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:38 am

Jocelyn and I had the biggest fight of our marriage regarding this show. I am going to watch without her. I finished the second episode last night.
We met his dad (Stick from Daredevil). He is straight up crazy. I liked when the Sheriff opened up the toaster to find the bagels to validate he isn't crazy like his dad.

Also, the prophet at the ranch has magical hugs and needs recharged by teenage Asian girls?
CrckrJack

The Leftovers on HBO

Postby CrckrJack » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:10 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Jocelyn and I had the biggest fight of our marriage regarding this show.

omg how!?!? you know she looks at this, right?

spill all the beans.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

The Leftovers on HBO

Postby cwilkins88 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:09 pm

Bump. I want to know if you're okay!!!
Tyler
Owner

The Leftovers on HBO

Postby Tyler » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:35 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Bump. I want to know if you're okay!!!

I watched the 3rd episode on my own last night.
Found out crazy preacher is the brother to the lady who lost her entire family.
Tyler
Owner

Re: The Leftovers on HBO

Postby Tyler » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:43 pm

Watching s01e07. I'm nearly 7 hours into this show and I'm realizing I only know 2-3 characters' names. I don't think names are cemented into my head unless I'm talking about it with someone in detail or listening to a podcast.

Norah. That's the only name I can think of. Maybe the main cop is Kevin? No idea about the kids, pastor, guilty remnant.
Corey
Site Admin

The Leftovers on HBO

Postby Corey » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:37 pm

I watched the entire 1st season in the past two days while on PTO. We watched 3 episodes while it was originally airing but lost interest. Giving it another shot was a great idea and I am now hooked!
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

The Leftovers on HBO

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:39 pm

Corey wrote:I watched the entire 1st season in the past two days while on PTO. We watched 3 episodes while it was originally airing but lost interest. Giving it another shot was a great idea and I am now hooked!

Yay! Season two is really good too. You'll love the hotel episodes.
Tyler
Owner

The Leftovers on HBO

Postby Tyler » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:03 am

Corey wrote:Source of the post I watched the entire 1st season in the past two days while on PTO. We watched 3 episodes while it was originally airing but lost interest. Giving it another shot was a great idea and I am now hooked!

Sounds rough.

Why did you lose interest 2 years ago? Kept falling asleep?
Corey
Site Admin

Re: RE: The Leftovers on HBO

Postby Corey » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:04 am

Tyler wrote:
Corey wrote:Source of the post I watched the entire 1st season in the past two days while on PTO. We watched 3 episodes while it was originally airing but lost interest. Giving it another shot was a great idea and I am now hooked!

Sounds rough.

Why did you lose interest 2 years ago? Kept falling asleep?

I'm thinking we had too many other shows at that time
Tyler
Owner

The Leftovers on HBO

Postby Tyler » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:09 am

Is Meg rewatching with you? I assume not since you were sitting at home for 2 straight days and she wasn't?
Corey
Site Admin

Re: RE: The Leftovers on HBO

Postby Corey » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:34 pm

Tyler wrote:Is Meg rewatching with you? I assume not since you were sitting at home for 2 straight days and she wasn't?

Nope just me
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:16 pm

I think the bald dog killer has voices in his head like Kevin's dad. He just tried killing the cult leader and after Kevin took the bag off her head he said "shut up, I tried". It didn't seem like he was talking to anyone in the room.
Tyler
Owner

The Leftovers on HBO

Postby Tyler » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:41 am

Plenty of time to finish. s01e09 is the most recent one I've watched. It's the episode that takes place before "the event". Was neat seeing how all the lives interlaced even before things happened. We also learn why Kevin's wife (again...horrible with names) joined the Guilty Remnant. She was pregnant and no one knew!
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

The Leftovers on HBO

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:16 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Plenty of time to finish. s01e09 is the most recent one I've watched. It's the episode that takes place before "the event". Was neat seeing how all the lives interlaced even before things happened. We also learn why Kevin's wife (again...horrible with names) joined the Guilty Remnant. She was pregnant and no one knew!

Finish the hotel episode already. Jeez.
Tyler
Owner

The Leftovers on HBO

Postby Tyler » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:18 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Finish the hotel episode already. Jeez.

I'll probably take my time watching season 2 knowing season 3 doesn't start until April. My favorite podcast guys also picked up Season 2 to cover, so I'll have 2+ hour long podcasts to listen to for each episode before starting the next.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

The Leftovers on HBO

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:22 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post cwilkins88 wrote:
Source of the post Finish the hotel episode already. Jeez.

I'll probably take my time watching season 2 knowing season 3 doesn't start until April. My favorite podcast guys also picked up Season 2 to cover, so I'll have 2+ hour long podcasts to listen to for each episode before starting the next.

Oh man, its episode 8. You wont see that forever.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:29 pm

I watched the s01 finale. I thought it was phenomenal. The entire episode was packed with emotion. Seems like Kevin and Jill are together now and his wife/her kid. I honestly thought Jill could have died in the fire and it would have given Kevin more reasons to hate his ex wife.

Return to “Shows”