blake

Orange Is The New Black

Postby blake » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:51 am

just finished. My favorite was 1 and then was easily second
Tyler
Owner

Orange Is The New Black

Postby Tyler » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:28 am

blake wrote:Source of the post just finished. My favorite was 1 and then was easily second

blake wrote:Source of the post Season 4 is my favorite so far. I'm 5 episodes in.

I don't know what to believe.

We started season 4 last night. Watched the first 2 episodes. This season is already starting off better than I thought. I like the big burly CO from maximum. I am glad Red talked some sense into Piper and she's not as tough as she thought she was, but she is going to continue to act it. s04e02 had back story for one of the kitchen workers and it was hilarious to see a grown woman get done up to look like a highschooler. It worked for the most part, but it was still very funny.
wags83

Orange Is The New Black

Postby wags83 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:21 am

I forgot about this show after watching the first couple episodes of the new season. I suppose we'll continue to watch at some point.
blake

Orange Is The New Black

Postby blake » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:03 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post

wags83

I forgot about this show after watching the first couple episodes of the new season. I suppose we'll continue to watch at some point.

Quick Reply

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
blake wrote:Source of the post just finished. My favorite was 1 and then was easily second

blake wrote:Source of the post Season 4 is my favorite so far. I'm 5 episodes in.

I don't know what to believe.

We started season 4 last night. Watched the first 2 episodes. This season is already starting off better than I thought. I like the big burly CO from maximum. I am glad Red talked some sense into Piper and she's not as tough as she thought she was, but she is going to continue to act it. s04e02 had back story for one of the kitchen workers and it was hilarious to see a grown woman get done up to look like a highschooler. It worked for the most part, but it was still very funny.

at that point was my favorite lol

leveled off more at the end. Good cliff hanger though on final episode
Tyler
Owner

Orange Is The New Black

Postby Tyler » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:18 am

s04e05 made me think of something that would happen on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Piper (or Dennis, Dee, Charle): We need to create a task force to crack down on gangs.
*black title screen* "The gang starts a gang"

Really enjoying all of the subplots this season with the new max security guards being really good at their jobs, the veterans being super shady, Caputo having a relationship with the purchasing lady, etc.
Tyler
Owner

Orange Is The New Black

Postby Tyler » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:56 am

Relevant

Bye, Litchfield. Yesterday, the Justice Department said it’s phasing out the use of private prisons. That’s because it turns out they’re less safe and less effective than federal prisons. Private prisons - which started in the 90s because of prison overcrowding - have gotten a lot of flak in recent years for security issues. About 195,000 inmates are housed in the private facilities. Earlier this month, the Justice Department’s inspector general issued a report that basically put private prisons behind bars, saying that they were more violent and problematic than government-run prisons. That, plus the fact that the number of people wearing orange jumpsuits has gone down, made the Justice Department go ‘hmm, maybe we should get rid of private prisons.’ It also made stock in private prisons go way down. Orange is the new ‘baiii.’
Tyler
Owner

Orange Is The New Black

Postby Tyler » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:58 am

s04e11 was one of the darkest episodes that I can remember.
The prison is in lockdown because of the body that was discovered. Healy contemplates suicide. We learn Red is in jail because she had cut up people in her freezer. Lolly admits to the murder (even though she didn't technically finish it) and gets checked into psych. Nicki is detoxing. The guards are going crazy and making the inmates fight. Piscatella is going rouge.

And of course Suzanne 'Crazy Eyes's back story. She went from being a lonely person, to accidental child endangerment, to kidnapping, to murder.

Speaking of Piscatella, remove the beard and the nice haircut and I reconginze that actor from a lot of things. Justified, Lost, Dexter, etc

Tyler
Owner

Re: Orange Is The New Black

Postby Tyler » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:24 pm

The last 2 episodes of season 4 are insane. I'm shocked Poussey was killed. I'm pretty sure the show runner divorced her husband and started dating the actress. Awkward you killed off your lover.

Did the warden do the right thing for standing by his guard? I think it was an honest mistake and so many things could have been done to prevent it. Why isn't anyone blaming Susan? Her outburst lead to the kid guard accidently crushing Williams.

My heart was racing when the 3 factions were rioting and met in the middle hall. I knew the scumbag guard would pull his gun, but I never would have guessed that Daria would be the one to end up with it.
wags83

Orange Is The New Black

Postby wags83 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:14 am

Damnit, I shouldn't have come in here and spoiled it for myself. We have been very slowly watching this season. Just finished the episode where Chapman accidentally creates a white supremacy group. Maybe episode 5ish?
Erin

Orange Is The New Black

Postby Erin » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:02 pm

We finally finished the latest season today. I'm glad I didn't read these posts- so many weird twists that I wouldn't have expected.

I was so sad to see Poussay was killed (who didn't want to protest)!and that the more innocent/naive guard was the one that killed her.

Caputo tries hard to be the good guy. I think he did the right thing in one way by not following the lines fed to him to make the guard look like a loose cannon. However, as Taystee went saying "they didn't even say her name" was something I think he also fell short on. Not acknowledging the victim outside of a private conversation with her Dad.

I also was surprised that Daria ended up with the gun. Being the one that started off being so innocent. We were wondering if she was gonna get shot- maybe by the MCC lady? Lots of contrasts in character traits fo sho.
Tyler
Owner

Orange Is The New Black

Postby Tyler » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:28 am

This really excites me. I am picturing an intense hostage situation.
Erin

Orange Is The New Black

Postby Erin » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:42 pm

Exciting!! Last season was definitely the most intense and had biggest cliffhanger yet. Can't wait for this to come out!
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Orange Is The New Black

Postby Blue Jackets » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:47 am

Season 5 out now. Remember 4 ended with the inmates taking over the prison and getting a gun
Tyler
Owner

Orange Is The New Black

Postby Tyler » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:24 am

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post Season 5 out now. Remember 4 ended with the inmates taking over the prison and getting a gun

Early reviews I have seen don't look promising, which is disappointing because last season was actually good.
blake

Orange Is The New Black

Postby blake » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:30 am

I'm 4 episodes in and I'm questioning even finishing.....
Tyler
Owner

Orange Is The New Black

Postby Tyler » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:44 am

blake wrote:Source of the post I'm 4 episodes in and I'm questioning even finishing.....

Finish and report back. I have almost no desire to start the season after reading reviews
wags83

Orange Is The New Black

Postby wags83 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:45 am

I forgot this was out already. I haven't read anything about it other than your comments above. I know Erin was excited about it.
CrckrJack

Orange Is The New Black

Postby CrckrJack » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:45 am

I think kathryn liked season 5. I wish she would post on here because she could contribute a lot. i think tyler needs to threaten her with a plex removal.

Return to “Shows”