Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

House of Cards.

Discuss your favorite shows
Blue Jackets

House of Cards.

Postby Blue Jackets » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:41 am

The official House of Cards subreddit is ridiculing the new season, with many good reasons why this season bombed.
► Show Spoiler
purple_hayes

House of Cards.

Postby purple_hayes » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:02 am

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post The official House of Cards subreddit is ridiculing the new season, with many good reasons why this season bombed.
► Show Spoiler

Totally agree on all of these points... horrible season. To the point of Claire/Frank at odds, that's every season. Its so dumb when they do it to. They are together, then for no reason at all, she turns on him. Its total BS. This season above all others makes you hate Claire even more. Conway goes from a strong viable candidate in season 4 to this unhinged out-of-control punk, without any true realization. Conway has deep dark secrets but none are brought to light or used against him. Its like, as soon as Frank acheived his life long goal, they didn't know what to do so they made him give it up. Dumb. Not happy at all with where this is going. But... In Frank we trust.
Tyler
Owner

Re: House of Cards.

Postby Tyler » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:06 pm

Sounds like you finished the season even though it was terrible. Did you binge it just to get it over with, like ripping off a bandaid?
purple_hayes

House of Cards.

Postby purple_hayes » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:44 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Sounds like you finished the season even though it was terrible. Did you binge it just to get it over with, like ripping off a bandaid?

Yeah, we finished it. They brought back some of the familiar ticks, I guess you'd call it. Frank talks to the camera breaking the 4th wall, he didn't do much of it in season 4, he did a lot more this time. But the big twist seems a total separation from his motivation through out the series. I know the big question is, where do you go once he has what he wants... I don't think they handled it well. Its subperbly acted and fairly well written. You just can't deny some of the faults though.
Blue Jackets

House of Cards.

Postby Blue Jackets » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:31 am

'House of Cards' Ending With Sixth and Final Season at Netflix
Netflix is currently in production on a sixth and final season of House of Cards, the landmark drama that signaled its aggressive push into original programming.

The final run of House of Cards, which stars Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright as ruthless and ambitious beltway couple, will debut its last 13 episodes in 2018.
Tyler
Owner

House of Cards.

Postby Tyler » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:56 am

Interesting. I thought they were between seasons and not even bringing it back for the next season. Wasn't season 5 almost universally dislike? Sounds like season 6 would have been the likely finale regardless.
wags83

House of Cards.

Postby wags83 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:29 am

Is it just coincidence that they are announcing this right when everyone hates Kevin Spacey?
purple_hayes

House of Cards.

Postby purple_hayes » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:00 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post

Interesting. I thought they were between seasons and not even bringing it back for the next season. Wasn't season 5 almost universally dislike? Sounds like season 6 would have been the likely finale regardless.

Season 5 was so bad, I have no desire to watch season 6. This was before the Kevin Spacey stuff. I truly loved the first 3 seasons, 4 was iffy, but 5 is just gawd awful.
CrckrJack

House of Cards.

Postby CrckrJack » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:55 am

They dropped this so quickly I bet there were a lot of complaints that upper management was ignoring. Then news broke and they were like "oh shit dump it".
Blue Jackets

House of Cards.

Postby Blue Jackets » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:28 am

'House of Cards' Production Suspended After Kevin Spacey Harassment Claim
Production on House of Cards has been suspended indefinitely following the sexual harassment claim made against star and executive producer Kevin Spacey.

The news comes one day after the streamer picked up the drama for a sixth and final season.
Blue Jackets

House of Cards.

Postby Blue Jackets » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:28 am

'House of Cards' employees allege sexual harassment, assault by Kevin Spacey
Kevin Spacey made the set of Netflix's "House of Cards" into a "toxic" work environment through a pattern of sexual harassment, eight people who currently work on the show or worked on it in the past tell CNN. One former employee told CNN that Spacey sexually assaulted him.

Kevin Spacey Has Been Dropped By His Publicist And Agency
Tyler
Owner

House of Cards.

Postby Tyler » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:03 am

He's done. The show is done.
He'll make a resurgence in 15 years when he directs a gritty true war movie and everyone will forgive him/forget what he did.
wags83

House of Cards.

Postby wags83 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:53 am

It's ridiculous how many allegations are coming out recently about all these Hollywood people.

I don't want to make light of any of it because it's a serious topic, but I can't help but wonder about specifics when the term "sexual harassment" is used. That could be something as simple as a crude joke that someone didn't have a sense of humor about. I'm assuming these allegations are much more serious though.
CrckrJack

House of Cards.

Postby CrckrJack » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:22 am

Called it!

For real wags. Work environment needs to remain professional though. I know the kind of stuff that happens in Kathryn's work environment would absolutely never be allowed in my office (honestly if i worked in kathryn's office i would feel uncomfortable), so everything is different.
wags83

House of Cards.

Postby wags83 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:43 pm

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post Called it!

For real wags. Work environment needs to remain professional though. I know the kind of stuff that happens in Kathryn's work environment would absolutely never be allowed in my office (honestly if i worked in kathryn's office i would feel uncomfortable), so everything is different.

Werd, my previous job was a waaaaay different environment than any other job I've had. My current co-workers are pretty laid back and can take a joke, but my last job was an office of around eight mid-20's to early-30's men and the antics/banter that was thrown around there would probably get most people fired.
Blue Jackets

House of Cards.

Postby Blue Jackets » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:39 am

Netflix is done with him. Cancelling future projects and the show won't continue with him, or possibly at all

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... ey-1054981
Blue Jackets

House of Cards.

Postby Blue Jackets » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:50 am

Netflix removed Kevin Spacey imaging from House of Cards' title card and other promotional in-app material and replaced him with Robin Wright

Return to “Shows”