Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Black Mirror (modern take on Twilight Zone)

Discuss your favorite shows
wags83

Postby wags83 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:11 am

Watched Bandersnatch last night with some buddies. It's fun enough for the gimmick but it's not that interesting. It ends up being long because at the end it takes you through to re-do all the options you didn't pick so you can see the different outcomes.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Black Mirror (modern take on Twilight Zone)

Postby Tyler » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:43 am

wags83 wrote:Watched Bandersnatch last night with some buddies. It's fun enough for the gimmick but it's not that interesting. It ends up being long because at the end it takes you through to re-do all the options you didn't pick so you can see the different outcomes.
I assume you watched all 9 hours.
I wonder if there are only like 4 endings and the stuff in the middle gets you there regardless.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:22 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
wags83 wrote:Watched Bandersnatch last night with some buddies. It's fun enough for the gimmick but it's not that interesting. It ends up being long because at the end it takes you through to re-do all the options you didn't pick so you can see the different outcomes.
I assume you watched all 9 hours.
I wonder if there are only like 4 endings and the stuff in the middle gets you there regardless.

Haha, not quite 9 hours. We didn't go through every option but it seems like some things were inconsequential to the overall story.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:00 am

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:07 am

s03e05 - Men Against Fire (2nd to last episode in the first Netflix season)
Future soldiers Stripe and Raiman must protect frightened villagers from an infestation of vicious feral mutants.

Overall I thought this was a weaker episode. I called early on that the "roaches" would be at worst 3rd class citizens. I was surprised at first to see they were actual monsters but realized quickly that the military was making them look like that. Disturbing that the people in the country who don't have the implant still see Roaches as monsters

Not even the main plot, but I thought the mind games of the military with the dreams was more interesting than the monsters/not monsters. It seemed like the military rewarded the soldiers by giving them s3x dreams. They wanted to link killing to the same release you get during that. When the main character woke up and saw everyone enjoying their dream they were all pulling the trigger of imaginary guns in bed.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:03 pm

Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Black Mirror (modern take on Twilight Zone)

Postby Tyler » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:21 pm

That's lame. Netflix already had kid shows using the UI and technology. Im obviously not reading the article to see if the issue is the matter of choice base media or if Netflix used a trademark term like "choose your own adventure"
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:06 pm

Tyler wrote:
That's lame. Netflix already had kid shows using the UI and technology. Im obviously not reading the article to see if the issue is the matter of choice base media or if Netflix used a trademark term like "choose your own adventure"
The last part is exactly right. They reference the company exactly.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:16 am

I think I've seen all episodes now, aside from Bandersnatch.

s03e06 - Hated in the Nation. AKA.

It was a decent episode, but I'm not sure it had to be 90 minutes. The mob mentality of the internet was a good topic though. I really like the twist of everyone who participated would end up being the victim. However, how dumb was that cop for using the hashtag...while at work...on his personal account...

As dark as it would be, I wanted to see more of the purge. It was mentioned that it took a week. Some people must have been wearing masks and slipped up.

From Reddit:
Has really nobody noticed that the case that made Blue leave the force was the Iain Rannoch one? THE WHITE BEAR ONE?
EDIT: Proof http://imgur.com/CaSWW5G Sorry for the accidental Spanish.

Fun fact. Blue is played by the same actress as Waif on GoT, the one that Ayra trained with and killed at the house of no faces. She looks very purdy in this
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed May 15, 2019 2:32 pm

Return to “Shows”