Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Black Mirror (modern take on Twilight Zone)

Discuss your favorite shows
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:09 pm

This was such a ridiculous episode, and it's so awkward. The whole season is like this.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:33 am

502 - was this a 70 minute PSA for texting and driving? The other big story is how social media sites know WAY more about you than you think. They could easily pull info on you faster than cops. I liked how they used his phone number and looked for what account used that for 2 factor authentication. I think it was last year it was discovered FB has access to this number when they originally said they didnt.

It was 100% the kidnapper who got shot. If it was the hostage people checking their phones would have given more emotion.

Weird seeing Andrew Scott outside of Sherlock.

I REALLY liked Topher Grace in this. I want Topher to play the exact same character in Silicon Valley.
"an intern is being held at gunpoint"
*long pause*
"F*CK!!!"
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:35 am

Topher was really good, but this episode has almost zero to do with technology.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:16 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Topher was really good, but this episode has almost zero to do with technology.

PHONES ARE BAD. PHONES = TECHNOLOGY
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:55 am

s05e03 - AKA the Miley Cyrus one

I agree that this was the weakest of the 3 and one of the weakest of the series. I'm not calling it the worst episode, but it didn't do many original Black Mirror things. We've had at least 3 other Black Mirror episodes where someone's consciousness is uploaded into toy or some other object.

I'm sure there is a lot of social commentary about child stars having no agency in life and only doing what will get them (or parents) more famous. I'm not sure if Cyrus actually went through this, but it's obvious to see once she was old enough to do her own thing it was drastically different than what she was doing for Disney.

In the end it was too cute and times and too many cliches. I rolled my eyes so hard when Ashley O rebranded and was now in a punk group with the older sister.

The actress who played the little sister was so good. I felt horrible for her all of the time. No friends. Obsessed over a tween popstar. Thinking she was a good dancer. Very sad stuff.

Biggest question: Why did Ashley, Rachel, Jack have to rush to the Ashley hologram unveil? Couldn't they have just called the cops once Ashley woke up? They said something about her turning 25 that day and her contract was on the line, but that's BS. I think if you can easily prove the person you have a contract with was keeping you in a comatose state you can probably void it.

Return to “Shows”