Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Black Mirror (modern take on Twilight Zone)

Discuss your favorite shows
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Black Mirror (modern take on Twilight Zone)

Postby Tyler » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:35 am

That's neat. I cant wait to have the twist social commentary somehow about the results of the show, like at the end of a Telltale game when you see how many people did what choice.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:53 pm

Danny's post in the other thread today inspired me to get back to this. I have the Christmas special to watch and all of season 3 (first Netflix season).

s03e01 - Nosedive - aka the Bryce Dallas Howard episode
I really liked this episode. It wasn't super doom and gloom like some of the episodes, but it was also scary because something like this could happen almost over night. Think if Facebook introduced a rating system for users, it would drive people crazy.

The episode was obviously more about just social media ranking. The ranking was a lot to do with class and social status.

I want to go watch the Community episode that did this same thing, but made it way weirder.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Black Mirror (modern take on Twilight Zone)

Postby Tyler » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:32 am

S03e02 - Playtest
Wyatt Russell (Kurt Russell's son) is good in this episode, but I thought overall it was a weak episode because of the ending.

What is the social commentary of this episode? Call your mom and be nice to her? The 0.4 second inception reveal was lame I thought, but there was some good stuff in the haunted house. Like his biggest fear was losing his memory like his dad.

Dan Trachenburg (sp) directed this I saw. Love that dude from a podcast 8 years ago and 10 Cloverfield Lane.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:20 pm

S03e03 - shut up and dance
This episode reminded me a lot of the movie Dare with Young Franco and Emma Roberts. I was frustrated throughout the episode until the last 10 seconds. Then...wow

► Show Spoiler
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:59 pm

https://hypebeast.com/2018/12/black-mir ... title-leak

Almost here!!!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:43 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post https://hypebeast.com/2018/12/black-mir ... title-leak

Almost here!!!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I need to finish the last few episodes I have left. I think one of s05 is a choose your own adventure type of experience.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:52 am

s03e04 - San Juniper
The rare Black Mirror happening ending. I really liked this episode and how you slowly realized it wasn't time travel.
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Postby Blue Jackets » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:38 am

Miley Cyrus confirms she will star in an episode of "Black Mirror" next season and has already filmed it

During Wednesday’s interview she told Howard she was acting once again, confirming reports she’s starring on an episode of Netflix’s genre-bending anthology series “Black Mirror.”

Miley said she recently filmed her scenes in South Africa and the shoot went great. “It was the first time that I’ve left somewhere feeling really proud of my work,” she told Howard.

She didn’t spoil any plot details and in fact couldn’t even mention the show by name, but she did offer insight into her role. “I play one character, but I play a lot of different sides of that character and there’s a lot of dimension to it,” Miley said.

She also revealed her performance was affected by the fires in Malibu which raged on while she was filming overseas. “I learned a lot about myself and I think I was able to kind of use that and put that into it,” she said. “Maybe I love it because I loved the memory attached to it because somehow art and life were imitating each other the whole time.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:34 am

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post “It was the first time that I’ve left somewhere feeling really proud of my work,” she told Howard.

That's kinda sad for her.
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Postby Blue Jackets » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:35 am

'Black Mirror: Bandersnatch' Is Revealed To Be A Film Via Netflix.
At 90 minutes, this will be the longest-ever piece of content Black Mirror has dropped (but only by one minute, ousting "Hated in the Nation"). This move will allow Black Mirror to remain in contention for the Outstanding Television Movie Emmy via the Television Academy's recently revised rules -- a move that some have called the "Black Mirror Rule."
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:53 am

Seems kind of pointless to call this a movie and a not a tv episode if it is basically the same length as the previous longest. Maybe they think they can get more people to tune in this way
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:10 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Seems kind of pointless to call this a movie and a not a tv episode if it is basically the same length as the previous longest. Maybe they think they can get more people to tune in this way

It's just for the awards thing. Just like Nathan for you.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:28 am

Ahhh. I re-read the post. Didn't realize they were no longer qualified unless doing this. I thought it said they were still
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Postby Blue Jackets » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:27 am

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post 'Black Mirror: Bandersnatch' Is Revealed To Be A Film Via Netflix.
At 90 minutes, this will be the longest-ever piece of content Black Mirror has dropped (but only by one minute, ousting "Hated in the Nation"). This move will allow Black Mirror to remain in contention for the Outstanding Television Movie Emmy via the Television Academy's recently revised rules -- a move that some have called the "Black Mirror Rule."

Netflix's Upcoming 'Black Mirror' Film Will be a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure With 5+ Hours of Footage

This Friday
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:16 am

Makes since they are using the new technology with the standalone movie and not just an episode.

While on the topic, I watched the Christmas Special last night.
s00e01 - White Christmas
I really liked that this episode was more light and heartfelt...NOT!! It reminded me a lot of the s04 finale because it was 3-4 stories all connected.

Light spoiler that you can read:
Darkest part for me was actually about an AI. You clone your brain basically and then force it to be your home assistant. If it doesn't, you force it to live months at a time in a second where it just sits in an empty room with nothing to do.

Spoilers:
1) Hamm should have called the cops when that kid was poisoned. They would have been easier on him I bet.
2) Poor poor toast making AI.
3) Christmas story with the other guy was just as depressing, especially after he learns the kid wasn't even his.
4)I would rather spend some time in prison than be blocked by everyone like Hamm was at the end.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:14 am

Going home this weekend, wonder if it would be fun to watch with a group and vote on what to do. Assuming it is the choose your own adventure format.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:44 am

I swear I posted in here yesterday but I don't see it... am I in a Black Mirror episode? Anyway, I finished season 4 the other night. About half the episodes were "happy" endings (not completely bleak) and the other half were bleak endings. I think I liked Black Museum the best out of this season. Crocodile and USS Callister weren't bad either.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:48 pm

No one has seen this yet?!

Return to “Shows”