Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Making a Murderer (netflix)

Discuss your favorite shows
Tyler
Owner

Re: Making a Murderer (netflix)

Postby Tyler » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:20 pm

s01e07
All about the 2 cops who were not suppose to be on the case and were.
They are making Lenk look so shady.
I really like the brunette reporter who drills everyone for her nightly report.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:31 pm

s01e08
Steven is found guilty of murder.
They did a great job at editing this, because it seems outrageous that the evidence pointed to Steven. There wasn't any blood!!! And they made the DA into such villains whereas Steven's lawyers were so likable.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:28 am

wags83 wrote:I looked it up online and apparently Anonymous is supposed to be releasing evidence that Avery was framed in the murder.

I have watched the episode where Avery was found guilty. Can I look up what Anonymous released or wait until I am done with season?

Edit: It seems like they teased at info but never released it?
wags83

Postby wags83 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:09 pm

Tyler wrote:
wags83 wrote:I looked it up online and apparently Anonymous is supposed to be releasing evidence that Avery was framed in the murder.

I have watched the episode where Avery was found guilty. Can I look up what Anonymous released or wait until I am done with season?

Edit: It seems like they teased at info but never released it?

Yeah I haven't seen that they actually released anything. They were just teasing us.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:21 pm

s01e09
All about Brendan. His cousin lied to the police and is trying to reverse it in court. Or some people can see it as her lying in court.
Poor Brendan being called dumb repeatedly in court by his own lawyer.
Nooooo! Brendan is going to prison. How awful.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:04 pm

Investigation Discovery to Air Steven Avery Follow-up Special Because They Know You Have Tons More Questions
http://www.vulture.com/2016/01/investig ... ok_vulture
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Postby Blue Jackets » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:34 am

This article shows evidence that was discussed in court, but left out of the documentary. Very mixed feelings after reading it. Everyone needs to read this and say their final verdict on Steven, Brendan, and the sheriffs.
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... -1.2485213
Also this has a few additional details
https://www.yahoo.com/tv/making-murdere ... 47676.html
bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:15 am

I think there is a decent possibility that he killed her but there is nowhere near enough real evidence to support what the court claims.

He has shackles, they support the horrific story but no DNA.

There's no DNA anywhere in his house proving she was ever inside!

Not one expert testimony for the prosecution was worth while. FBI didn't even test all the possible planted blood!

The judge suppressed almost everything that could have helped the defense and allowed the prosecution to get a way with anything. The fact the he allowed anything that came to light during Len's time with dassey is just terrible.

I find it so hard to believe Steve would go to extreme lengths to clean his whole house, his entire garage, move around burned body parts, but leave the car wide open in his property.

There is just too much in this case that doesn't make any sense.
awright

Postby awright » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:46 pm

The cleaning part is what gets me. If there was evidence of blood and DNA involved, there is no way that it would have been so easily hidden. I was in a cluttered garage last weekend and that's all I could think about...no way the story the prosecution was trying to tell was accurate. Blood is messy messy messy and so was that trailer and garage--no way if there was blood involved that he was 1) intelligent enough to know how to clean it or 2) able to clean it all up.
jathko87

Postby jathko87 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:43 pm

What gets me is that he called in Teresa plates like 3 days after she went missing, named the style of vehicle and hung up
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:04 pm

jathko87 wrote:What gets me is that he called in Teresa plates like 3 days after she went missing, named the style of vehicle and hung up

That doesn't prove Steven was innocent. Just that they likely planted the car. I don't believe the cops planted evidence for revenge, they planted evidence to convict someone they sincerely thought was guilty and didn't want getting away.

I haven't decided my final thoughts on the matter. Will after this weekend.
bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:56 pm

Tyler wrote:
jathko87 wrote:What gets me is that he called in Teresa plates like 3 days after she went missing, named the style of vehicle and hung up

That doesn't prove Steven was innocent. Just that they likely planted the car. I don't believe the cops planted evidence for revenge, they planted evidence to convict someone they sincerely thought was guilty and didn't want getting away.

I haven't decided my final thoughts on the matter. Will after this weekend.

I pretty much agree with you. He's probably guilty but they did a bad enough job planting evidence it makes him seem innocent.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:59 pm

s01e10
Finished it. Steven got a girlfriend, good for him? I understand all of Steven's requests are denied, but poor Brendan. The meeting of the lawyers was interesting and insightful.

I still need a couple days to research and think before I give my absolute final thoughts.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:07 pm

News from today. I guess she's a big deal and this is her speciality
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathleen_Zellner
She also had a tweet last week saying whoever deleted the voicemail is the murderer or helped.

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:24 am

http://crimefeed.com/2016/01/did-steven ... a-halbach/

Possible theories of who might have done it.
jathko87

Postby jathko87 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:04 am

Watching a stupid fox news thing about it. I hate fox news.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:13 am

Sheds some new light on the case. Not sure how much I believe her though, because she seemed to really care about him in the show. Youtube comments just rip her apart

[youtube]HTz673OMTF0[/youtube]
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:33 am

LONG POST WARNING
I haven't put my final thoughts into words yet because I am still undecided about some things. I don't think we will ever get all the answers, so I might as well post it.

I'll start with the easy one, Brendan. I don't think Brendan was involved. The poor kid is not intelligent and clearly said what he thought the cops wanted to hear just so he could get on with his life. It was hammered home repeatedly in the docu-series that he had no grasps on the trouble he got himself into when he asked about going back to school after confusing murder and if he would be out soon enough to watch Wrestle Mania. The cops took advantage of an uneducated individual to get the story they needed.

It's not nearly as easy to say Steven is innocent or not. There are things that I do agree with though.
1. The cops purposely created an unfair trial. They did this by releasing press conferences that he was guilty and likely planting evidence. It can not be argued how fishy it is that no one found the car key until after Brendan gave them the information, even though that room was searched multiple times before. I do not believe they were seeking revenge for Steven getting out of jail and making them look like idiots, I believe they thought they were framing a guilty man to make sure he got locked up for a crime he committed.
2. Teresa was not killed in the house or the garage. As Awright pointed out, a man of Steven's intelligence could not clean up after a gunshot to the head.
3. There is evidence against Steven that was left out of the show. Had I not read any of that additional information I would think Steven was 100% innocent. However, there are things that can't be explained, like his sweat found under the trunk latch (cops lied about it entirely?) and he phone/camera being found at his place (also planted?). Plus Steven does have a history of violence.

Final verdict? I think Steven is innocent of the exact crime he was accused of. ie handcuffing Teresa to the bed and shooting her in the garage. Do I think Steven could have murdered her a different way? Yes, but he should not have been found guilty of what the state was presenting.
jathko87

Postby jathko87 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:00 am

I think the biggest thing for me is, you can have be convicted beyond a reasonable doubt. They number of jurors that went in not guilty and then changed their minds blows my mind. They're definitely some doubt. It's weird that it wasn't a mistrial that not one person stood their ground.
Wallinguana

Postby Wallinguana » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:00 am

I don't like that they never accused anyone else that lived on the property. Brendan's brother and step dad had pretty weak alibis of "We can verify that we saw each other driving and we both went hunting" and the evidence seems to point towards the body being burned elsewhere on the property and moved to the burn pit. Seems like something to look into.

Return to “Shows”