Legends of Tomorrow on CW

Postby Blue Jackets » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:54 pm

Another DC show on CW? Yes please. Starts this Thursday
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4532368/
Tyler
Owner

Re: Legends of Tomorrow on CW

Postby Tyler » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:31 pm

I'll give it a shot. Fatman on Batman guys watched it early and said it is great, but they are also super fanboys of this stuff. I am not completely sold on all of the characters, but it looks fun. Dr. Who Justice League was how it was pitched.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:02 am

Started last night. I haven't watched yet, but here is an article to hold everyone over until i do watch it and report back.

The New Series “Legends of Tomorrow” Gives People Something to Relate to
http://threwns.com/the-new-series-legen ... -relate-to
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:23 am

Before I give a full write up, I want to know people are actually watching.
ejhartman or Fawtly, are either of you tuning in?
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:59 pm

Here are my unorganized thoughts a week after watching part 1 of the pilot. Part 2 is tonight.

This show just goes for it. Arrow gradually eases you into the fantasy/science fiction. Flash starts off pretty quickly (LOL...good one Tyler), but Legends dives right in. Within 1 minute we are introduced to a committee of time travelers.

This show reminds me a lot more of Flash than Arrow. Nothing seems too dark...other than a kid being killed in the cold open. I like how they set up the story that they were at first legends but turns out they are total nobodies and completely expendables. Big punch to the egos.

Such an assemble show. 9 main characters is a lot to take in. Not sure how Captain Cold and Heat Wave fit into things since they just have guns and no powers. I did love the scene at the bar though when White Canary started the fight and said she could handle it and then asked for their help.

I have a lot more to say on the pilot, but I want to see what ejhartman and Fawlty have to say about it.
Sarah

Postby Sarah » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:42 pm

I'm with you on all of that Tyler. The pilot felt very fast paced compared to both Arrow and The Flash and Dr. Who Avengers is very accurate for plot so far.

The bar fight scene was definitely my favorite!

I'm interested in seeing where it will go- concerned about how large the cast is though. I'm not sure how they're going to handle having some of the group not involved... They can't have a bar fight every episode and I think it would be weird to just leave the unnecessary ones in the ship.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:30 pm

Brandon Routh (Atom/ Roy Palmer) said in an interview that the show never slows down. He said there isn't a lot of sitting around talking and its mostly go go go. He also said he expected a lot of off days because the cast is so large, but they are filming so many scenes together that he's always working.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:43 pm

Watched s01e02 and more nonstop. It's not bad storytelling but it is very rushed. I like Captain Cold's comment about Carter's death. "We don't know Carter from Atom". Story is going too quickly to get to know characters. Clearly he will be back tho since his power is being born again. Especially if he is reborn quickly and they got to 2005 or so...boom. Perfect age, like he never died

Action scene with terrorist and goons at end seemed almost identical, just flying around with explosions. I did like Atom hiding on Stein and him keeping his suit on an action figure.

Stein meeting his younger self was also cute.
Sarah

Postby Sarah » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:45 pm

Yeah I kinda just didn't care that he died...

So far captain cold is my favorite which I suspected going in but hoped they'd better connect to the others. Even Roy - he was so critical on Arrow and now he feels really boring.

It hasn't lost me yet, but mostly cause I'm sure it will tie back in to Arrow or The Flash sometime and I don't want to miss anything

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:14 pm

I agree, I am not hooked yet, but will keep watching.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:13 pm

I do not care about this at all. Halfway into episode one and the overacting is so bad. Even for a CW show. This is garbage to me. I'm done watching, regardless of future ratings.
ejhartman91

Postby ejhartman91 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:28 am

Just watched part 1. I'm intrigued. Going to keep watching for now
ejhartman91

Postby ejhartman91 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:29 am

Who am I kidding, if it has to do with the 'Arrowverse,' I'm hooked. I'm not going to stop watching Arrow or Flash, so I might as well keep watching this.
ejhartman91

Postby ejhartman91 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:23 pm

Tyler wrote:I did love the scene at the bar though when White Canary started the fight and said she could handle it and then asked for their help.

That part was awesome. I hope those two stay on just because they make me laugh.
Sarah

Postby Sarah » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:29 pm

"I've seen men of steel die and dark knights fall" -time travel guy

Nice wording in episode 3

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:27 pm

That was a cool line. I liked the fight scene in the bank with the 70s music, mostly because it was pretty much the same as the bar scene with Sarah. Nice human moment with Captain Cold trying to keep his dad out of prison

Still not super into the show but I will stick with it for the time being.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:59 am

Last week's episode was bleh. The show moves way too fast. The pentagon heist scene could have been an entire episode, but it was just the opening scene. I'm tired of the same characters having the same arguments every single episode. I will keep watching, but I am going to put other shows before it.
ejhartman91

Postby ejhartman91 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:00 am

Tyler wrote:Last week's episode was bleh. The show moves way too fast. The pentagon heist scene could have been an entire episode, but it was just the opening scene. I'm tired of the same characters having the same arguments every single episode. I will keep watching, but I am going to put other shows before it.

Just make sure you keep them in order, otherwise I think the crossovers might be confusing...
Sarah

Postby Sarah » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:55 pm

ejhartman91 wrote:
Tyler wrote:Last week's episode was bleh. The show moves way too fast. The pentagon heist scene could have been an entire episode, but it was just the opening scene. I'm tired of the same characters having the same arguments every single episode. I will keep watching, but I am going to put other shows before it.

Just make sure you keep them in order, otherwise I think the crossovers might be confusing...

Trying to keep them in order is such a pain.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:27 pm

Sarah wrote:Trying to keep them in order is such a pain.

Not if you quit everything but Flash, then you only need to worry about watching a 2 episodes of Arrow a year max

Return to “Shows”