Fargo - Season 3

Discuss your favorite shows
Tyler
Owner

Fargo - Season 3

Postby Tyler » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:21 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I don't think I know anything about season 3. Before season 2 started we at least knew it was a prequel following Lou from s01

Fargo Season 3 Plot: ... In a conference call, Hawley, along with FX president John Landgraf, said that Fargo season 3 is set in 2010 (four years after season 1) and will center on the "selfie-oriented culture” we currently live in.
Erin

Fargo - Season 3

Postby Erin » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:14 pm

Interesting. I didn't watch the first season, so it'll be an interesting contrast to the 70s setting of season 2.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Fargo - Season 3

Postby Tyler » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:33 pm

Erin wrote:Interesting. I didn't watch the first season, so it'll be an interesting contrast to the 70s setting of season 2.

You should have watched it before s02! Still worth watching, but doesn't seem like it will connect to season 3? I'm sure they will find a way.
Blue Jackets

Fargo - Season 3

Postby Blue Jackets » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:47 am

Tyler
Owner

Fargo - Season 3

Postby Tyler » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:44 am

PSA: Starts tomorrow.
Tyler
Owner

Fargo - Season 3

Postby Tyler » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:58 am

We watched about half of s03e01 last night.
Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post McGregor will play the two central characters — brothers Emmit and Ray Stussy

I kept waiting for the other brother to show up because I was expecting twins, so they could do a Parent Trap plot in the season. Jocelyn noticed before I did that the parole officer was also McGregor.
megatron

Fargo - Season 3

Postby megatron » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:31 am

What is the relationship between the old man who was killed and the cop lady? Is she his daughter or her son just works at his store? That AC unit scene was so gross!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Fargo - Season 3

Postby Tyler » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:35 am

megatron wrote:Source of the post What is the relationship between the old man who was killed and the cop lady?

I think in the scene where she was explaining to the boy that he might have a dad and step-dad soon so said "like (old man's name) became my step-dad when my dad died and my mom married him".

I liked the pilot, but all of this first episodes are basically the same. Establish the character of the police offer. Introduce a family. Have at least 1 person killed. It will be more interesting since the victim is directly related to the chief this time.

I hope Emmit (I think that's the McGregor brother with hair) goes to the police. I do not understand what leverage these goons have on him. If there really is legal paperwork and he tried repaying the loan then he has done nothing wrong. He should tell someone that someone wants to launder money through his company.

Not sure what to make of the opening scene that took place in Germany. This season takes place in 2010. That opening was from 1988 (I think?). 22 years doesn't seem enough for that guy being interrogated to age enough to be the grandpa. But...if it did turn out to be the grandpa that would be 2 times in one episode where he is mistaken for the wrong guy because of his address and gets in trouble (and killed) because of it. I wonder if grandpa was actually related to the Stussy brothers or if he just happened to have the same last name.

megatron wrote:Source of the post That AC unit scene was so gross!

That was the most Fargo-like scene Fargo has had I think. Do you think Nikki actually loves Ray? By the end of their relationship I thought they seemed real towards each other. She was willing to commit murder to save her boyfriend. If she is using him, that is some dedication. I did like when Nikki was clearly trying to detract the gunman by standing up in the tube and her Ray fell for the same trick.

Saw these on Reddit. Not really spoilers, but it's a detail no one would have noticed
The thing that the chief picks up in the house to use as a club is a Hugo Award. - The Hugo Awards are a set of awards given annually for the best science fiction or fantasy works and achievements of the previous year
The books in the safe were maybe written by the grandpa?

► Show Spoiler
Tyler
Owner

Fargo - Season 3

Postby Tyler » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:20 am

I've never seen bridge played before. That card game looks intense!
megatron

Fargo - Season 3

Postby megatron » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:32 pm

Yeah their relationship does seem legit. He doesn't have money so it must be love! What is that a picture of? I can't tell...

Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Fargo - Season 3

Postby Tyler » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:55 pm

megatron wrote:Yeah their relationship does seem legit. He doesn't have money so it must be love! What is that a picture of? I can't tell...

Is from last season when the aliens appeared and put the spot light on their gun fight.

Maybe the grandpa is a scifi writer and was watching an alien untold story special
megatron

Fargo - Season 3

Postby megatron » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:34 pm

Tyler wrote:
megatron wrote:Yeah their relationship does seem legit. He doesn't have money so it must be love! What is that a picture of? I can't tell...

Is from last season when the aliens appeared and put the spot light on their gun fight.

Maybe the grandpa is a scifi writer and was watching an alien untold story special

Ahhh yes!

Tyler
Owner

Fargo - Season 3

Postby Tyler » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:42 am

302. I liked this episode more than the first. Emmit's lawyer getting killed after looking into VM. Go to the police now!

Emmit trying to hind behind a glass wall. Hilarious.

Gloria not liking computers and automatic doors still not seeing her. Cell phone isn't working. What does it mean?! She's an alien?

I liked Cy thinking he was tougher than he was in the Hummer and lost control of it.

I thought Nikki was the brains of the operations, but I'm not sure that's true after she left her gift in the office. She's not crazy smart, she might just be crazy.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Fargo - Season 3

Postby cwilkins88 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:22 pm

I have to watch this again. I fell asleep through the first one, tried watching again, fell asleep.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Fargo - Season 3

Postby Tyler » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:52 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post I have to watch this again. I fell asleep through the first one, tried watching again, fell asleep.

You and Jocelyn can relate.

It's a good show, but it's starting slow and a lot of characters to figure out. None of them seem to grab the audience as much as Martin Freeman's character

Return to “Shows”