Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Stranger Things (Netflix Original)

Discuss your favorite shows
Watson2000

Postby Watson2000 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:15 am

Just watched it this weekend. (Only 2 days Chris, suck it)

Fun fun fun. Totally took me back and felt like a kid watching it.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:20 am

Watson2000 wrote:Source of the post Just watched it this weekend. (Only 2 days Chris, suck it)

Dammit!
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:59 am

Jocelyn actually brought this show up last night. We MIGHT try watching it. Currently 1/4 of the way into OitNB and havent started season 2 of Mr. Robot.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:34 am

Do this first
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:22 pm

Just watched this show. Its amazing. So amazing I binge watched it in just under 4 hours. Totally worth it.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:25 pm

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post So amazing I binge watched it in just under 4 hours. Totally worth it.

Show is 8 episodes. Each episode is an hour. Did you watch at 200% speed?
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:29 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post So amazing I binge watched it in just under 4 hours. Totally worth it.

Show is 8 episodes. Each episode is an hour. Did you watch at 200% speed?

You have to skip the commercials man. Duh
blake

Postby blake » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:29 pm

Show is amazing. Can't wait for a second season
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:09 am

Kind of misleading since they are only comparing the first 16 days of each. I feel like it took a couple of weeks for Marking a Murderer to blow up.

According to Digital Spy, 8.2 million people streamed Stranger Things within its first 16 days of release, meaning it managed to pick up more viewers than Daredevil, Jessica Jones, House of Cards and Narcos did in their first 16 days. All of which are well known as some of Netflix’s most popular shows.
In fact, only two series on the streaming service managed to pick up more viewers within their first 16 days; the first season of Fuller House and Orange Is the New Black Season 4, both of which are already well-grounded names in the world of television. Stranger Things‘ viewing figures are likely something to do with the social phenomenon it’s become over the past few weeks, with fans of the show using the internet to bring a consistent stream of viewers to Netflix in order to watch their new series.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:09 pm

► Show Spoiler
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:13 pm

Ahhh. We started this tonight and now I need to be careful not to read the old posts. I'll follow my standard format of putting the episode title in all of my post when I over discuss things that you have all watched. Don't be surprised if I abuse my admin powers and put all of your posts in spoiler tags

Edit: turns out no one give away a single plot piece other than Danny's most recent post.

Episode 1
Great pilot. I'm not super nostalgic for 80s movies, but even I can appreciate the style, music, attention to detail. I'm surprised by some of the profanities being used, I would have guessed they were newer slang.

First episode only had 1 real jump scare with the boy on the bike first seeing the creature on the road. There were a lot of tense scenes, but that luckily was the only jump scare. I had to explain what was happening to jocelyn at times because she didn't want to watch the screen.

Jocelyn LOVES the kid missing his front teeth. She kept freaking out about how cute he is.

I couldn't place where I knew the sheriff from but we figured it out, The Newsroom

RIP Benny the chef. You were a good man

Posting this here for myself
Episode threads on reddit
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:50 pm

Season 2 confirmed for 2017
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:19 am

s01e02

These kids are doing an amazing job. The girl playing El is such a great actress. She has such few lines, but her performance is great. It was heartbreaking when she was in the closet and it showed her flashback of her being thrown into her cell. The cute curly haired boy was a lead on Broadway's Les Mis. All of the kids seem so natural, very unlike most shows that feature young actors.

The first episode had a jump scare that completely caught me off guard, this episode had 2 scary parts that had so much build up it was hard to watch. Will's mom is a beast for going back into the house after the wall monster thing appeared. I also couldn't stand the tension when Will's brother was taking the pictures, I thought for sure he was going to get a shot of something terrifying. I admit I was watching between my fingers so I only kind of saw the monster that at Barb (or at least I think that happened, like I said, I couldnt watch). Jocelyn has a theory that they are traveling through the lights or electricity since the lights always seem to shut off when weird stuff happens.

It's a pet peeve of mine when shows/movies have characters not talking just for the sake of not talking. I like that this show gives the kids a reason not to tell their parents what is going on. Eleven made it clear that if they involve the parents it is very likely that they will all be killed.

I'm like the character of the sheriff a lot. I think he was set up early to look incompetent but I am more and more impressed by his detective work. It seems like he was a big city cop and maybe returned to being a small town sheriff after his daughter was killed? Maybe the pills he keeps taking are anti depressants?
JocelynJane

Postby JocelynJane » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:30 am

I just came here to say that I love that kid with the speech impediment and missing front teeth. I want him to be my own child in the creepiest way. Love me a good speech impediment.
bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:43 pm

I loved the show is have been happy if it was a stand alone mini series I don't need to continue this story.

That being said I will absolutely watch season 2

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:55 pm

There's enough closure to be content with it being a one and done mini series.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Stranger Things (Netflix Original)

Postby Tyler » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:00 pm

s01e03
Whaaaaat. Will's body was found. Is he physically dead, but still living through the lights somehow? The lights told the mom that Will was alive, but not safe.

I know I said it last episode, but I'm so impressed with the actress playing Eleven. She is given few lines, but she has so much emotion, especially in the flashbacks.

I'm curious if Barb is gone for good or of she will show up. Still not following how all of this relates. Will living in lights. A different dimension. Wall demands. Goo growing in the lab. Experiments on Eleven.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:54 am

There's a lot of shit going on man

Return to “Shows”