Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Marvel's Iron Fist (Netflix)

Discuss your favorite shows
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:44 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Based on JJ and DD, I will watch the hell out of this.

DON'T!! STOP!! do not watch this based on those...
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:52 am

purple_hayes wrote:
cwilkins88 wrote:Based on JJ and DD, I will watch the hell out of this.

DON'T!! STOP!! do not watch this based on those...

Too late.
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:55 am

cwilkins88 wrote:I'm not even through the first episode and it's already better than Luke Cage. This really does remind me of the first episode of Green arrow though

Luke Cage was great, I disagree. The flaw in Luke Cage is the guy who plays Luke Cage, the dude seriously lacks a soul. The guy has zero charisma and bores you to death. But the story and writing is far superior to Iron Fist. Iron Fist really makes little sense. One minute he's this calm zen master with full control of his emotions then the next he hard charges into a mine field with full on rage. The story is weak and the writing is horrible, so disjointed after like ep4.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:56 am

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post
cwilkins88 wrote:I'm not even through the first episode and it's already better than Luke Cage. This really does remind me of the first episode of Green arrow though

Luke Cage was great, I disagree. The flaw in Luke Cage is the guy who plays Luke Cage, the dude seriously lacks a soul. The guy has zero charisma and bores you to death. But the story and writing is far superior to Iron Fist. Iron Fist really makes little sense. One minute he's this calm zen master with full control of his emotions then the next he hard charges into a mine field with full on rage. The story is weak and the writing is horrible, so disjointed after like ep4.

Im leaning towards agreeing with you now. Luke Cage the actor person, was terrible. The show had a great main villain (Shades is an idiot though).
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:22 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Im leaning towards agreeing with you now. Luke Cage the actor person, was terrible. The show had a great main villain (Shades is an idiot though).

Which is so sad... he looks the part. But they need to recast him. He isn't a good actor at all. I hope Charlie Cox and Finn Jones can do enough in Defenders to cover up for him. He's gawd awful.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:32 pm

This show just gets worse. Everything is always so coincidental
Tyler
Owner

Re: Marvel's Iron Fist (Netflix)

Postby Tyler » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:03 pm

I haven't watched and won't, but why doesn't Danny (I think that's his name) always use the iron fists? In that horrible fight video he doesn't use them at all. Fighting some bad guys, iron fists! Opening a can of Coke, iron fists!
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:44 pm

Tyler wrote:I haven't watched and won't, but why doesn't Danny (I think that's his name) always use the iron fists? In that horrible fight video he doesn't use them at all. Fighting some bad guys, iron fists! Opening a can of Coke, iron fists!

He has to recharge his chi. But that's not consistent either
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:40 am

This show is getting so irritating I can't even take it. I'm going to write a rant, but first, heres this:

Edit: Tyler with the fix!
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:54 am

Above isn't working, so it'll just fuel my fire for this show. There are so many inconsistencies and everything else that doesn't make sense
1) Car left at warehouse for scouting, drive out of warehouse. Next scene, they are literally talking about the car they never got back and are now driving it
2) The acting is bad. Danny is supposed to be this super in charge of his emotions person. He is the opposite, which is fine, but don't state otherwise
3) Danny goes out of his way to claim that he's a pure person and doesn't indulge (specifically pointing out chastity). Then he drinks and gets seduced instantly, twice.
4)Claire randomly goes to China to fight the hand and capture madam Gao. She's a nurse. Wtf was she going to do there?
5) Madam Gao has this huge army, but as soon as they capture her, they put her in essentially a nursing home with windows. She has telekentic powers. Like, I'm pretty sure she could jimmy the window lock. And where is her army?!? She has a vast army, yet they just disappear as soon as she goes to Shady Acres Retirement Home / Psycopath training grounds
6) Connie has been with the hand for like...ever, twenty years, maybe more, training with them etc under Bakuto. Not ONCE in that entire time, did Bakuto do anything bad, but now within days her recruits are murdering and drugging people and generally just being hardened criminals?
7) And Let's talk about her recruits. They make this huge deal to show the one guy graduating the dojo to go to the elite hand training camp. He was from a select few. Fast forward a few episodes - Literally everyone from her Dojo is there now, and they all just randomly want to kill her now? Why?
8) Let's talk about the compound. Danny snuck inside the most secure building in the facility, with almost no hesitation or preparation. Then, later he's running out of the compound, and stands in front of the main building for what seemed like 20 minutes to have a dramatic scene with Connie - TWICE. Nobody ever spotted him.
9) This is what drives me the MOST crazy - The iron fist is supposed to defend the passage to k'un l'un. WHY? It's just a monk village that trains one significant person? It seems to me that if people stopped going to the passage to attack a town with nothing in it, that the iron fist would just die of old age. Why is this place even important. Also, its supposedly like a cave that opens up? Except that its completely open the air. Someone could just climb the mountain, or get a specialized helicopter to go into the thin air. Or better yet, people could just not care.
10) There are several scenes where the main characters SPECIFICALLY smash their own phones, and in the next scene, they get a call on it.
11) EVERY SINGLE TIME THEY GET IN TROUBLE, they retreat to the Dojo. Every single time. Oh, where's Danny. He's at the fucking Dojo.
12) This whole DEA thing with Danny is stupid. I have an episode left, but they are trying to frame him for the Heroin that was on the street prior to him coming back, and also he has no access to the building or the board. Yeah, that's totally gonna work
13) Wilkins (his name screams power) gets shot in the middle of the forehead and its somehow believable as a suicide? People don't kill themselves like that, the angle makes no sense.
14) Joy is a stupid character. Maybe one of the best actresses, but her plot makes no sense. I'm supportive, now i"m mad, now I ate M&M's. I LOVE YOU DANNY, oh wait, jk, you didn't show up to a meeting, so we hate you again

I probably have more.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:00 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post 3) Danny goes out of his way to claim that he's a pure person and doesn't indulge (specifically pointing out chastity). Then he drinks and gets seduced instantly, twice.

So he's a HS girl that judged everyone for partying and then goes to college and is now does that stuff the worse.
cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post 4)Claire randomly goes to China to fight the hand and capture madam Gao. She's a nurse. Wtf was she going to do there?

Like...hand to hand combat?
cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post There are several scenes where the main characters SPECIFICALLY smash their own phones, and in the next scene, they get a call on it.

How does this happen multiple times?! They must carry around spare phones just in case
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:02 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Like...hand to hand combat?
cwilkins88 wrote:
Source of the post There are several scenes where the main characters SPECIFICALLY smash their own phones, and in the next scene, they get a call on it.

How does this happen multiple times?! They must carry around spare phones just in case

Claire just kind of stands around and makes stupid jokes. The phone thing. Ugh "Smash your phones, I think they can trace this" "OKAY!"
"Hello, this is Danny on my phone and definitely on the same one, don't worry about last ep...err yesterday. This isn't a tv show"
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:26 am

cwilkins88 wrote:2) The acting is bad. Danny is supposed to be this super in charge of his emotions person. He is the opposite, which is fine, but don't state otherwise

OMG... this was my biggest issue with the Iron Fist character. He's supposed to be trained like a budahist warrior monk... but goes all emotional at the drop of a hat, rushing in with ZERO strategery. Really?

cwilkins88 wrote:4)Claire randomly goes to China to fight the hand and capture madam Gao. She's a nurse. Wtf was she going to do there?

I didn't get this... Rosario Dawson has to be the biggest fan of Marvel/Netfilx shows... she's in all of them with increasing importance but honestly, isn't needed but to mend people when they get hurt.

cwilkins88 wrote:5) Madam Gao has this huge army, but as soon as they capture her, they put her in essentially a nursing home with windows. She has telekentic powers. Like, I'm pretty sure she could jimmy the window lock. And where is her army?!? She has a vast army, yet they just disappear as soon as she goes to Shady Acres Retirement Home / Psycopath training grounds

Okay, I wondered all of this too... my thought was that she WANTED to be caught. She WANTED for all this to happen to seduce the Iron Fist to work for her against Bakuto... or something. She's a very deliberate woman, she doesn't do anything without it being for a reason. Which is why I felt it was too easy for them to get her.

I had issues with nearly EVERYTHING you did... which is why I tried to warn you. The character of Joy makes zero sense to me. ZERO. They built her up to be in love with Danny from the time they were children to have her question him when he shows up, get that... help him to rpove who he is when she wasn't supposed to... have her want Danny to suceed at every move through out the show... to end up where she is at the end of the show makes zero sense. Danny didn't do anything to her... it was other people. Other people she had zero clue who they were nor did she have the resources to find out what was going on.
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:28 am

Wilkins... I tried to warn you.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:38 pm

purple_hayes wrote:Wilkins... I tried to warn you.

It's the worst. I'm on the finale and don't even want to watch it
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:52 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post
purple_hayes wrote:Wilkins... I tried to warn you.

It's the worst. I'm on the finale and don't even want to watch it

Oh just wait... the finale will leave you going... WHAT THE F...? Its such an amazing show
bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:13 pm

My God this sounds so bad I want to watch it even more now

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:09 am

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post My God this sounds so bad I want to watch it even more now

the show is entertaining... but with that being said... it has several flaws. This is no Daredevil/Westworld/Game of Thrones. It starts strong and finishes badly... but I did enjoy watching it.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:19 am

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post
bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post My God this sounds so bad I want to watch it even more now

the show is entertaining... but with that being said... it has several flaws. This is no Daredevil/Westworld/Game of Thrones. It starts strong and finishes badly... but I did enjoy watching it.

I enjoyed the start, and now I'm just mad that I wasted all that time.
Blue Jackets

Postby Blue Jackets » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:39 pm

‘Marvel’s Iron Fist’ Was Netflix’s Most Binged Drama Premiere

“Marvel’s Iron Fist” drew some of the most scathing reviews that any Netflix series has earned. But the critical dog pile apparently did little to dampen enthusiasm for the show.

The superhero drama’s March 17 premiere was the most binge-watched this year for a Netflix drama, according to data from research firm 7Park Data, which measures number of streams on subscription video services. The company found that 54.7% of “Iron Fist” streams on the premiere date were of episodes three or higher. The average hour-long show on Netflix has a binge score of 46.9%.

“Iron Fist” also accounted for 14.6% of all Netflix streams on March 17 — the highest percentage of any series premiere that 7Park measured, topping “Stranger Things” (4.0%), “Marvel’s Luke Cage” (12.8%), “Marvel’s Daredevil” Season 2 (13.8%), and “Orange is the New Black” Season 4.

Return to “Shows”