Marvel's Iron Fist (Netflix)

Discuss your favorite shows
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:51 pm

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post ‘Marvel’s Iron Fist’ Was Netflix’s Most Binged Drama Premiere

“Marvel’s Iron Fist” drew some of the most scathing reviews that any Netflix series has earned. But the critical dog pile apparently did little to dampen enthusiasm for the show.

The superhero drama’s March 17 premiere was the most binge-watched this year for a Netflix drama, according to data from research firm 7Park Data, which measures number of streams on subscription video services. The company found that 54.7% of “Iron Fist” streams on the premiere date were of episodes three or higher. The average hour-long show on Netflix has a binge score of 46.9%.

“Iron Fist” also accounted for 14.6% of all Netflix streams on March 17 — the highest percentage of any series premiere that 7Park measured, topping “Stranger Things” (4.0%), “Marvel’s Luke Cage” (12.8%), “Marvel’s Daredevil” Season 2 (13.8%), and “Orange is the New Black” Season 4.

Maybe i'm speaking for myself, but the only reason to binge this show is to get it out of the way.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:59 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Maybe i'm speaking for myself, but the only reason to binge this show is to get it out of the way.

Or....just don't watch it?
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:52 pm

Tyler wrote:
cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Maybe i'm speaking for myself, but the only reason to binge this show is to get it out of the way.

Or....just don't watch it?

Much better idea. It's not like it'll contribute to the defenders storyline
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:29 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Much better idea. It's not like it'll contribute to the defenders storyline

I think if you want backstory to the Iron Fist before the Defenders... the first few episodes is all you need. Probably stop after ep4 or ep5.
Donomoto

Postby Donomoto » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:25 am

Finally binging this while playing handler for Junie... I have so many mixed feelings. It started strong, but now I'm about halfway through, and now I'm starting to dislike it. There are a bunch of little things good and bad... super conflicting.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:27 am

Donomoto wrote:Source of the post Finally binging this while playing handler for Junie... I have so many mixed feelings. It started strong, but now I'm about halfway through, and now I'm starting to dislike it. There are a bunch of little things good and bad... super conflicting.

Is it true that there are more boardroom scenes than fighting scenes?
Donomoto

Postby Donomoto » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:02 am

If you count the "Death Tournament" as one single fight scene, then yes. It's like 7 board room scenes to 6 fight scenes. I also love that he beats the COMPLETE crap out of some people, and other people, they seem to match him almost blow for blow.

Return to “Shows”