Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Sword Art Online

Discuss your favorite shows
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Sword Art Online

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:41 am

So, I wanted to make this thread because Sword Art Online has had two seasons and is one of the best Anime's I've seen. The third season is set to be out next year.

Essentially, it starts out, that there is a virtual reality video game coming out. Everyone logs in at the same time, but then cannot log out. Anyone who dies in the game will die in real life, and if you try to forcefully get them out of the game by removing the headset, it will kill them as well.

The only way to get out is to beat the game, which is several levels in a tower. Some choose to fight, some just accept their life and make markets/bars, etc in game or just live peacefully.

Very good show, and very well told. Animation is awesome and very top notch. I watched the English Dubbed stuff until I was too caught up, and then switched to original with subtitles, which was a hard transition. The person who voices the main character, Kirito, also voices the main character in the English dubbed Attack on Titan (Bryce Pappenbrook)

Of course, then they have to pull this shit:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... es/.104938
Last edited by cwilkins88 on Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyler
Owner

Sword Art Online

Postby Tyler » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:53 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Essentially, it starts out, that there is a virtual reality video game coming out. Everyone logs in at the same time, but then cannot log out. Anyone who dies in the game will die in real life, and if you try to forcefully get them out of the game by removing the headset, it will kill them as well.

What kills them in the real world? Like if their character in the game falls down a hole do spikes shoot into your eyeballs IRL killing you? How does trying to take them out of the device kill them? How much of the population is in this game? How do the people eat/sleep IRL? How do they work their jobs to earn money to pay for their real life homes?
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Sword Art Online

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:55 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post What kills them in the real world? Like if their character in the game falls down a hole do spikes shoot into your eyeballs IRL killing you? How does trying to take them out of the device kill them? How much of the population is in this game? How do the people eat/sleep IRL? How do they work their jobs to earn money to pay for their real life homes?

They die by the headset. It's connected to their brains and so they are unable to remove it without being killed by the machine. The vague answer to your question about population is 'thousands'

Most of the people had to be carted to hospitals and force fed
Tyler
Owner

Sword Art Online

Postby Tyler » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:57 am

What's the installation process for attaching something to your brain? Something that you do at home by yourself?
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Sword Art Online

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:15 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post What's the installation process for attaching something to your brain? Something that you do at home by yourself?

It's basically an oculus type helmet that you just put on while you lay down in bed. All done from home.
CrckrJack

Sword Art Online

Postby CrckrJack » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:26 am

The show is really awesome. I have watched most of it 3 times.
Kathryn also liked it a lot.

I watched the subtitled version that is on Netflix. I don't mind watching sub'd shows at all and I like listening to them yell in Japanese.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Sword Art Online

Postby DannyFanny » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:40 pm

I've seen season one and enjoyed. Season two is in one of streaming services queues. I don't like starting animes because 90% of the time I just want to binge watch them once I get into them. Maybe some weekend when Maria works, I'll start season two.

I always find it hard to switch between dubbed and subbed after starting a show. I watched the subbed Attack on Titan and couldn't watch the dubbed version. When it's all said and done, I prefer dubbed because I'm generally dicking around on my phone, computer, or guitar while watching tv. Though subbed might be making a breakthrough due to the train tracks in my backyard.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Sword Art Online

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:06 pm

I like dubbed for SAO and AoT just because I thought the voice acting was soooo good. It was really hard to transition back to subtitle, but now that I have, I won't go back to dubbed (because its released so much later)
awright

Sword Art Online

Postby awright » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:28 pm

I've heard good things before, I was a huge fan of .hack Sign and all the video games too...similar concept. Games started on PS2 so I don't know if anyone would go back and play them now but they continued the stories well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Sword Art Online

Postby DannyFanny » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:35 pm

Ben Vos and I loved the .hack games on PS2. I try to find them when I'm in a used video game store.
awright

Sword Art Online

Postby awright » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:12 pm

DannyFanny wrote:Ben Vos and I loved the .hack games on PS2. I try to find them when I'm in a used video game store.

So good...I never finished playing all the GU series of games but still have them and the Sign DVD's so I may have to get into that again

As for SAO, I'm going to have to check it out this time aroind

cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Sword Art Online

Postby cwilkins88 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:37 am

Live action movie. I hope it doesn't succkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. They just released a full-length movie in Japan called SAO ordinal scale that was okay. Not as good as the series, but it was good enough.
Kath525

Sword Art Online

Postby Kath525 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:44 am

Omg!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Shows”