Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Marvel's The Punisher on Netflix

Discuss your favorite shows
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:46 am

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post Who finished it over the weekend and what do you think?

I finished this on the first weekend. I loved it. There is quite a bit of excess story, but I think it fills in nicely. Otherwise, you'd get nothing but shooting, blowing things up, and useless violence. The show really tries to show Frank as being vulnerable while displaying his moral code. Its pretty intense as he unravels the story behind the killing of his family. Its pretty good, I'd put it #3/#4 on the list of Marvel TV series... behind Daredevil and Jessica Jones, if you split Daredevil by season, its #4.
bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:28 am

purple_hayes wrote:
Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post Who finished it over the weekend and what do you think?

I finished this on the first weekend. I loved it. There is quite a bit of excess story, but I think it fills in nicely. Otherwise, you'd get nothing but shooting, blowing things up, and useless violence. The show really tries to show Frank as being vulnerable while displaying his moral code. Its pretty intense as he unravels the story behind the killing of his family. Its pretty good, I'd put it #3/#4 on the list of Marvel TV series... behind Daredevil and Jessica Jones, if you split Daredevil by season, its #4.
Yeah I'd agree that's it's the 3rd best marvel show. They did do a great job humanizing him and making him Frank to the audience and not the punisher

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:52 am

Dammmmmnnnnnn, this was soooo good. Everything was well done, the fight scenes, the shooting, the acting even.

This blew Luke Cage/Iron fist out of the water obviously, but is a huge contender to be on par with JJ and DD. The last two episodes were insanely graphic.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Marvel's The Punisher on Netflix

Postby Tyler » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:10 am

Why were reviews so hard on it if you all love it?
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:25 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Why were reviews so hard on it if you all love it?

No idea. IMDB gave it a 9/10, so it's not THAT hard on it
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:35 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Why were reviews so hard on it if you all love it?

I think there were some critics because there was so much story. Frank Castle is a difficult comic book character who is hard to humanize. I think this series does it very well. He's just beginning his path. Its logical, it moves at a decent pace, and its entertaining. I think it sets up further seasons very well.

Return to “Shows”