Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Big Little Lies: An HBO Limited Series

Discuss your favorite shows
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:18 pm

Tyler wrote:
cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post I think Bonnie doing it instead of anyone else that was getting beaten, just makes it cleaner. She was the only one not being hurt, so its possible attempted murder could've been on the table.

That's valid. I'm just thinking as a juror. A husband that beat his wife, raped another women, and was brutally beating 4 other women was pushed down some stairs and accidentally killed by a bystander. "We jury think Bonnie deserves a key to the city".
cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post I'm fairly sure he already knew. She tried to tell him and he stopped her. He noticed all the glances, all the weird actions.

Agreed, he for sure knows. Does he stay with her though?! It's weird seeing a mom openly talk to her daughter about cheating on her husband, granted it is the daughter's step dad.

Yeah. It's still weird though. That conversation should 100% not happen. "Hey you know how we just talked about divorce messing up your kids? I'm going to go talk to my daughter about him banging the puppet guy"
Erin

Postby Erin » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:26 pm

There was more of a backstory to Bonnie and lead up to "why" in the book. When she saw Celeste being beaten she started to talk with a drawl and change her expression before lunging at him. She said after to the group that her father used to beat her mother. Trying to separate her adult life from childhood is partly why she turned hippie-ish.

The Madeline/Joseph situation I thought would get more resolution. I guess just assuming all is forgiven?
wags83

Postby wags83 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:19 am

I guessed that Perry was going to be the one to die but I was wrong on how it was going to happen. I thought Celeste would kill him after finding out that the abuse was affecting their kid's behavior.
Erin wrote:Source of the post The Madeline/Joseph situation I thought would get more resolution. I guess just assuming all is forgiven?

That's a good point. It seemed like Ed was really suspicious of it with Madeline looking over at Joseph and Joseph's wife looking over at Madeline but then they just never addressed it again.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:22 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post That's a good point. It seemed like Ed was really suspicious of it with Madeline looking over at Joseph and Joseph's wife looking over at Madeline but then they just never addressed it again.

Right. I guess having your unfaithful wife witness her best friend's husband/abuser/rapist impaled through the throat puts things into perspective? But still...Ed is a good guy and Madeline was sleezy to do that to him, plus it happened MULTIPLE times with the director.
Erin

Postby Erin » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:01 am

I thought when he was taking the stiff drink before singing it was to buffer him for a "reaction" of some kind. Now thinking it was just more out of sadness that he's singing a song about love to his wife who he knows/assumes cheated with a guy in the room. This wasn't in the book so I was hoping there would be closure here.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:12 am

There is going to be a season 2?

EDIT: Seems like the book author is working on a sequel. I didn't see a timeline.

Return to “Shows”