Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Better Call Saul - Season 3

Discuss your favorite shows
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:37 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post ) Does Mike's car not have a gas cap?
2) Was this yellow stationwagon something he bought just for this mission?
2b) If so, when did the tracker get put on?
3) Asking about the gas cap made him think to recheck the cap?
Mike then rechecks the cap and finds the tracker. He goes home and puts this tracker in his blue car. Won't the bad guys realize this isn't the same vehicle they were tracking? Red flag!
Mike goes to work in his booth. When he leaves work he leaves the tracker in the garage. Why? How does it get back in the blue car?

1) Im not sure if it did before, but it was removed at some point, maybe thats why he noticed?
2) I think so 2b) I don't think it showed, but most likely in the middle of the night sometime???
3) Yes, that sparked his idea to check again. - yes, they would probably realize, but didn't even see the vehicle again until the middle of the night, and probably weren't thinking all that much about it. I think he left it in the garage so they didnt' think he left to go somewhere else.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:38 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Im not sure if it did before, but it was removed at some point, maybe thats why he noticed?

We saw in the show, this episode or last season, that his blue car didn't have a gas cap?

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post 2) I think so 2b) I don't think it showed, but most likely in the middle of the night sometime???

I image if Mike bought a car just for a hitman mission he wouldn't have been parking it at his house for someone to easily stop by and put a tracker on it.

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post I think he left it in the garage so they didnt' think he left to go somewhere else.

That makes sense. I guess immediately after leaving the garage he went to meet the shady vet. He must have swung back by his work to pick it up and then went home.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Better Call Saul - Season 3

Postby Tyler » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:05 pm

Podcast cleared up some of 301. Both cars had trackers. He found the tracker on the station wagon and left it with the car, once he got home he checked his blue car and found another tracker. I'm still not sure what prompted him to ask about a gas cap though.

They also debated if Chuck purposely had Ernie listen to the tape or if it was an accident. I think Chuck 100% planned that to be an "accident". He wants Ernie to go to Jimmy or Kim.
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:10 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Podcast cleared up some of 301. Both cars had trackers. He found the tracker on the station wagon and left it with the car, once he got home he checked his blue car and found another tracker. I'm still not sure what prompted him to ask about a gas cap though.

You didn't follow all of that? There are 3 trackers... station wagon, his Cutlass, and the one the vet gave him which is now in the hands of whomever is tracking him... I guess there are four... the one that is on the Cutlass again after it was replaced.

Tyler wrote:Source of the postThey also debated if Chuck purposely had Ernie listen to the tape or if it was an accident. I think Chuck 100% planned that to be an "accident". He wants Ernie to go to Jimmy or Kim.

I think Chuck is an asshole who deserves to be committed. Jimmy should lock him up and throw away the key. But... that wouldn't be good television.
Erin

Postby Erin » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:33 pm

I didn't get the whole tracker story, either. I just noticed the 2 (1 he found in the yellow car and 1 he bought). Mikes character continues to be my favorite of Saul- his scenes are always so smartly told with little dialogue.

Chuck for sure had planned Ernie to hear that. Asking for him to put the batteries in and somehow having it on at that part couldn't have been overlooked. I'm not sure what his plan though for Ernie hearing it, though.

Can't wait to see Gus next episode! I'm glad they're bringing his backstory into this show.
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:14 am

s03 ep2 -
Spoilers if you haven't watched the ep yet... obvs

the Return of Gus!
- they didn't venture into the Gus storyline too much, just Mike trying to discover who the people are that are following him. But it was great to see the old Los Pollos Hermanos again.

Chuck, the man I love to hate
- so we find out that he meant for Ernie to hear the tape which would cause him to run to Jimmy
- Chuck's plan to entrap Jimmy is just foul, who does that to their brother.
- One issue I have is Jimmy's constant emotional response to Chuck, you'd have to think by now that Jimmy would know of the trap to spring it without falling into it since Chuck has been out to get him from the beginning.
- At this point, I hope Mike plants a bomb in the house to blow off half of Chuck's face Walter White style. Gawd I hate him.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:27 pm

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post - they didn't venture into the Gus storyline too much, just Mike trying to discover who the people are that are following him. But it was great to see the old Los Pollos Hermanos again.

Seems like every episode needs to have an 8 minute montage scene of Mike showing off his skills without talking. I thought last week's with the dismantlementing of the car was better. It was too dark on my screen to see entirely who he was following and what they were doing in the culvert.

I liked that they showed Gus, but didn't make him into a huge character. If someone was watching this who doesn't know the character they wouldn't have thought anything of it.

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post so we find out that he meant for Ernie to hear the tape which would cause him to run to Jimmy

No surprise there

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post One issue I have is Jimmy's constant emotional response to Chuck, you'd have to think by now that Jimmy would know of the trap to spring it without falling into it since Chuck has been out to get him from the beginning.

Right. I was hoping Jimmy would realize Ernie was used as a pawn and wouldn't emotionally run over there yelling at him. I wanted him to strategize and get ahead of chuck for once.

Are Kim and Jimmy still a couple to any capacity? They don't seem on the same page for anything. It was awkward seeing how disconnected they were about hiring the assistant. This isn't Saul's secretary from BB, right?
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:35 pm

Tyler wrote:Are Kim and Jimmy still a couple to any capacity? They don't seem on the same page for anything. It was awkward seeing how disconnected they were about hiring the assistant. This isn't Saul's secretary from BB, right?

She is. I double checked on IMDb. She plays Francesca, Saul's assistant in Breaking bad. I believe Jimmy and Kim are still dating, I believe the awkwardness was that Jimmy wanted Francesca because she served his needs and not Kim's, or so Kim thought. She wanted to interview others and find someone with legal background. Jimmy wants a warm body to schmooze his people.
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:38 pm

Tyler wrote:
purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post One issue I have is Jimmy's constant emotional response to Chuck, you'd have to think by now that Jimmy would know of the trap to spring it without falling into it since Chuck has been out to get him from the beginning.

Right. I was hoping Jimmy would realize Ernie was used as a pawn and wouldn't emotionally run over there yelling at him. I wanted him to strategize and get ahead of chuck for once.

I mean seriously, once he found out that Chuck has been beind keeping him down from the beginning and told him that he doesn't believe Jimmy is a real lawyer, Jimmy would have to know that Chuck is out to get him. He even says in this episode 'there was about 10 minutes there that it felt like Chuck didn't hate me'. So he knows Chuck is out to get him. Live and learn, I guesss.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:35 pm

I'm glad Jimmy and Mike got back together. I was wondering what outside force would require them to team up.

Purple_Hayes, you just watched s01 (last week), remind me how these two started working together.
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:30 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I'm glad Jimmy and Mike got back together.
Purple_Hayes, you just watched s01 (last week), remind me how these two started working together.

Was it just last week? Mike is a parking lot attendent that Jimmy keeps harrassing. They first start working together when Mike needs to use Jimmy to spill coffee on a Philly cop to get his notepad to find out what they know while being questioned by the Philly police. From there, they use each other's services with Mike usually needing Jimmy as his lawyer.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:27 am

We were a couple episodes behind and caught up last night. Chuck is such a dick.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Better Call Saul - Season 3

Postby Tyler » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:29 am

Tyler wrote: This isn't Saul's secretary from BB, right?

Podcast said it was.

Watching 303 now. Jimmy telling Chuck he is going to die alone. Brutal.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:22 pm

A lot of stuff happening!
Big points are that Mike and Gus had their first meeting
Chuck's true intentions were made clear, he doesn't want Jimmy to get in trouble, he just doesn't want him practicing law.

Opening scene confused me at first, but I think I get it now. It was a flash forward to when the shoes are old and fall down. It also showed Los Pollos driving under the shoes, showing Gus has control of the territory now.
The stop sign is shot up in the fast forward scene. Something goes down there.
I would have been bothered if Mike was able to throw the shoes up there the first time, I'm glad to see he isn't perfect at everything.

I love the Mike scenes so much of this show. He never talks but the audience slowly picks up what he is doing and why.
No duh he would want the goons to think someone is hunting nearby, he didn't want the gunshots to alarm them. Remind me from last season, they weren't moving drugs, but moving money inside of the tires?

Feud between Chuck and Jimmy, you can make an argument that both of them are bad guys...but...why did Chuck have to fire Ernie? he did exactly what Chuck wanted him to do.

Kimberly Hebert Gregory is having a busy TV season. First a leading role in HBO's Vice Principals, then 2 episodes in B99 as Terry's ex, and now Chuck's legal counsel.
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:40 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
Remind me from last season, they weren't moving drugs, but moving money inside of the tires?

The only thing Mike found on the truck was money in the tires. It would lead one to believe he is moving money for drugs that his system sells, the money comes from the selling of drugs ran by Tuco Salamaca and the guy who plays Vos from Far Cry 3 video game.

Tyler wrote:Feud between Chuck and Jimmy, you can make an argument that both of them are bad guys...but...why did Chuck have to fire Ernie? he did exactly what Chuck wanted him to do.

I think Chuck fired Ernie because he knew no matter what he, being Chuck, would say or do, Ernie would run to Jimmy. I think this is how Jimmy gets around this whole thing... he gets everything thrown away by saying he will no longer practice law as Jimmy McGill. Welcome to Saul Goodman!
wags83

Postby wags83 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:44 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post why did Chuck have to fire Ernie? he did exactly what Chuck wanted him to do.

Because Ernie proved himself to be loyal to Jimmy. Also, if Chuck would have said "Oh no big deal that you told Jimmy" it would have contradicted his earlier freak out when Ernie first heard the tape and that would have partially given away Chuck's true intentions that it was all part of the plan.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:16 pm

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post I think this is how Jimmy gets around this whole thing... he gets everything thrown away by saying he will no longer practice law as Jimmy McGill. Welcome to Saul Goodman!

I like this idea, but if Chuck is still in the picture he would not allow Jimmy to simply change his name and practice law still. Chuck has to either be committed or die in order for that to happen.

Wags/Hayes, good call about Ernie. Just sucky that it was a lose lose for Ernie!
wags83

Postby wags83 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:02 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Just sucky that it was a lose lose for Ernie!

Just shows even more how shitty of a guy Chuck is. He'll sacrifice an innocent bystander to achieve his manipulative goal.
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:36 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post

Just shows even more how shitty of a guy Chuck is. He'll sacrifice an innocent bystander to achieve his manipulative goal.

I hope Jimmy shoots Chuck in the face. I really hate that guy. Why Jimmy feels in debted to him still is beyond me.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:45 am

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post
wags83 wrote:Source of the post

I hope Jimmy shoots Chuck in the face. I really hate that guy. Why Jimmy feels in debted to him still is beyond me.

I think because of how Chuck stuck by him when everyone else didn't when he was younger and didn't have his life together. Although now it seems like this might have been the last straw and Jimmy is really going to fight back.

Return to “Shows”