Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Making It - Crafts Competition Reality Series Hosted By Amy Poehler & Nick Offerman

Discuss your favorite shows
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Making It - Crafts Competition Reality Series Hosted By Amy Poehler & Nick Offerman

Postby Blue Jackets » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:40 am

http://deadline.com/2017/03/the-handmad ... 202054122/

Amy Poehler and her Paper Kite Productions are making a foray into unscripted TV with The Handmade Project, a competition reality show which has received a six-episode straight-to-series order by NBC. Poehler is reuniting with her former Parks and Recreation co-star Nick Offerman on the show, which celebrates artisanship and the makers who can create amazing things with their hands … and a few tools too.

Each week eight all-around makers, from all walks of life, will take on a series of projects with the hopes of impressing Poehler, Offerman and our expert judges. Over the course of each episode, the contestants must tackle a different theme, hand-making items in different disciplines — the difficulty of which increases with every episode until a winner is crown. Shot in an outdoor setting, the series will also focus on the characters and camaraderie of those who enjoy creating their own crafts, all under the comedic guidance of Poehler and Offerman.
Last edited by Blue Jackets on Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyler
Owner

Re: NBC Orders ‘The Handmade Project’ Crafts Competition Reality Series Hosted By Amy Poehler & Nick Offerman

Postby Tyler » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:26 am

I'll be there at day one for this. Right up my alley. I watched Ellen's reality furniture design show a few years ago because the building stuff interested me.
wags83

NBC Orders ‘The Handmade Project’ Crafts Competition Reality Series Hosted By Amy Poehler & Nick Offerman

Postby wags83 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:46 am

This sounds fun, I would consider checking it out.
Erin

NBC Orders ‘The Handmade Project’ Crafts Competition Reality Series Hosted By Amy Poehler & Nick Offerman

Postby Erin » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:27 pm

I'd watch just for Amy Poehler's commentary, but the show itself also sounds interesting!
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:33 pm

wags83 wrote:Source of the post This sounds fun, I would consider checking it out.

Erin wrote:Source of the post I'd watch just for Amy Poehler's commentary, but the show itself also sounds interesting!

You two should watch together!
wags83

Postby wags83 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:53 pm

That'll never work.
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:08 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I'll be there at day one for this. Right up my alley. I watched Ellen's reality furniture design show a few years ago because the building stuff interested me.

Maybe you should try out if this is a competition.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:02 am

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post Maybe you should try out if this is a competition.

I'm not worthy of even being in the same state as Offerman.
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:04 am

Tyler wrote:I'm not worthy of even being in the same state as Offerman.

Neither am I... but you aren't competing against Offerman. You would be ther to hopefully learn from him, which would be extrely valuable.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:08 am

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post You would be ther to hopefully learn from him, which would be extrely valuable.

Fine. I just called him up and I'm on the show now as his apprentice
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:22 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post You would be ther to hopefully learn from him, which would be extrely valuable.

Wow... so testy. You been hanging around Blue Jackets too much.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:26 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post

Congrats!
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Postby Blue Jackets » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:35 am

Title changed to "Making It"
More details
No premiere date has been announced.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:44 am

I don't even need to watch the clip, I will be watching the pilot at the very least.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Making It - Crafts Competition Reality Series Hosted By Amy Poehler & Nick Offerman

Postby Tyler » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:31 pm

This is on my DVR now
Erin

Postby Erin » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:19 pm

I'll be adding this as a show to watch on leave. I loved Parks and Rec so seeing these two together again and the concept itself both sound promising!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
megatron

Postby megatron » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:42 am

Just watched the first ep. Super cute show and amazing what these people can do. Amy and Nick have great banter and corny jokes that just make you giggle and feel good. I'm definitely sold.

Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Making It - Crafts Competition Reality Series Hosted By Amy Poehler & Nick Offerman

Postby Tyler » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:52 am

megatron wrote:Just watched the first ep. Super cute show and amazing what these people can do. Amy and Nick have great banter and corny jokes that just make you giggle and feel good. I'm definitely sold.

I read some criticism that they didn't show off the finished projects long enough. You didn't get a good sense of what they made.

Do you agree with that?
megatron

Postby megatron » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:08 pm

Tyler wrote:
megatron wrote:Just watched the first ep. Super cute show and amazing what these people can do. Amy and Nick have great banter and corny jokes that just make you giggle and feel good. I'm definitely sold.

I read some criticism that they didn't show off the finished projects long enough. You didn't get a good sense of what they made.

Do you agree with that?
Hmm I think they spent enough time showing off the finished product... I don't know what people would expect with a TV show. They aren't going to spend 5 min with everyone's pieces in detail. They do 2 different challenges so it is a lot they get through in 40ish minutes each episode.

Return to “Shows”