Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

13 Reasons Why | Netflix

Discuss your favorite shows
purple_hayes

13 Reasons Why | Netflix

Postby purple_hayes » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:10 am

cwilkins88 wrote:I just finished 7. Misremembering things makes sense. It also would increase a persons paranoia and wanting to end your life. If you think everyone is INTENTIONALLY after you, its much different than a misunderstanding.

Correct... which is what I think is the point they wanted to portray...
► Show Spoiler
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

13 Reasons Why | Netflix

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:30 am

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post
cwilkins88 wrote:I just finished 7. Misremembering things makes sense. It also would increase a persons paranoia and wanting to end your life. If you think everyone is INTENTIONALLY after you, its much different than a misunderstanding.

Correct... which is what I think is the point they wanted to portray...
► Show Spoiler

Right, true. That makes sense.
purple_hayes

13 Reasons Why | Netflix

Postby purple_hayes » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:39 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Right, true. That makes sense.

Part of me wants to force Trevor to watch this and be like... this is why you don't joke about suicide... this is why your parents ask you how you are doing and when you seem distant or frustrated, why we won't leave you alone...

I mean... Zach's tape happens after Valentine's Day... she's feeling lost and holding on to the one lifeline she has with the compliment bag but even at this point, some 5 or 6 months of the bullying her parents never knew, she hid it sooo well from them. Granted, the issues with the store did hinder their vision of her problems, but not once in the first 7 tapes has she discussed what is going on her life with them.
Tyler
Owner

13 Reasons Why | Netflix

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:42 am

Speaking of talking to your parents, I really wish they showed us the conversation between Clay, Zach, and their parents. How did Clay explain his motivations to keying that specific phrase on Zach's car and his actions at the game without explaining Hannah and the tapes?
purple_hayes

13 Reasons Why | Netflix

Postby purple_hayes » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:49 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Speaking of talking to your parents, I really wish they showed us the conversation between Clay, Zach, and their parents. How did Clay explain his motivations to keying that specific phrase on Zach's car and his actions at the game without explaining Hannah and the tapes?

I don't know if the show explains that or not. But Zach's Mom seemed to be more concerned bout how it was going to be paid to be fixed than what and why it happened. I envision the convo being more around how Clay and his family would pay to fix the car and not why he did what he did.
Tyler
Owner

13 Reasons Why | Netflix

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:04 am

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post I envision the convo being more around how Clay and his family would pay to fix the car and not why he did what he did.

Fair enough, but his parents would want to know why he did it.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

13 Reasons Why | Netflix

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:17 pm

Like some of these people did legitimately shitty things, but telling some kids that someone was partially responsible for your death because they anonymously shared your poem??

That's pretty shitty
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: 13 Reasons Why | Netflix

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:27 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Like some of these people did legitimately shitty things, but telling some kids that someone was partially responsible for your death because they anonymously shared your poem??

That's pretty shitty

Yeah, the episode 7 flashbacks were pretty lame. Hannah wrote a nice poem (I don't know poetry, but the the poetry teacher told me it was good so I'll believe her) and it sucked that her friend published it, but no one knows it was her for sure and that doesn't seem like much compared to sexual assault

We also learned that Tony was very close to Hannah and saw her just before she killed herself and was there just 30 minutes after it happened to see it.

Clay is an idiot for not realizing Tony has a boyfriend? I also don't understand why Clay won't tell his parents more about Hannah. Tell them you liked her. That will explain your actions and they will stop asking what's wrong. Don't show them the tapes, but you can at least say you were close to Hannah and your mom can drop the case.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

13 Reasons Why | Netflix

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:07 pm

Tyler wrote:
cwilkins88 wrote:Like some of these people did legitimately shitty things, but telling some kids that someone was partially responsible for your death because they anonymously shared your poem??

That's pretty shitty

Yeah, the episode 7 flashbacks were pretty lame. Hannah wrote a nice poem (I don't know poetry, but the the poetry teacher told me it was good so I'll believe her) and it sucked that her friend published it, but no one knows it was her for sure and that doesn't seem like much compared to sexual assault

We also learned that Tony was very close to Hannah and saw her just before she killed herself and was there just 30 minutes after it happened to see it.

Clay is an idiot for not realizing Tony has a boyfriend? I also don't understand why Clay won't tell his parents more about Hannah. Tell them you liked her. That will explain your actions and they will stop asking what's wrong. Don't show them the tapes, but you can at least say you were close to Hannah and your mom can drop the case.

I'm always more concerned that he won't tell Hannah's parents. I couldn't live with myself knowing they are basically dying inside and you have all the answers
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

13 Reasons Why | Netflix

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:17 am

This show is getting hella sad. It's harder that I empathize with Hannah's parents more than anyone else. The Veronica Mars click are a bunch of a-holes, although Alex is starting not to be? Most of these people did not-so-terrible things that were greatly escalated by covering for other peoples shit.

Up Next: Clay's tape.
Tyler
Owner

13 Reasons Why | Netflix

Postby Tyler » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:52 am

I think it was 9 that we watched last night. Justin's 2nd tape and the we find out that Bryce raped Jessica. Very dark episode. Sad that Jessica's boyfriend knows his friend did that to his girlfriend but he can't say anything about it because he blames himself for not stopping it.

When Jessica was in her bedroom she was having flashbacks of it. Was this the first time she remembered it all or has she been trying to hide it? If she remembers it at all it seems strange that she has been hanging out with Bryce so much. I think she's been kind of living in denial and telling herself that Hannah lied about it all on the tape, but not that Clay is pushing the subject she is starting to remember what really happened.
purple_hayes

13 Reasons Why | Netflix

Postby purple_hayes » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:09 am

Tyler wrote:Clay is an idiot for not realizing Tony has a boyfriend?

I don't think it was that he didn't realize. Its more that Clay didn't care. Clay likes Tony for who he is and doesnt' care about any of the other BS in life that can seem to get in the way. I think that is what turns out to be the major flaw in Clay. He doesn't care about stupid things. He cares more about how you treat him and how you act as a person than getting caught up in the BS that doesn't matter. He doesn't care if you are gay. He doesnt' care if you date certain people. He doesnt' care if you hang out with only the cool kids. Clay is going to do what he is going to do and none of the other drama matters to him. Which I believe is something the other teens don't get about him and why Hannah doesn't understand him.
purple_hayes

13 Reasons Why | Netflix

Postby purple_hayes » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:14 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the postWhen Jessica was in her bedroom she was having flashbacks of it. Was this the first time she remembered it all or has she been trying to hide it? If she remembers it at all it seems strange that she has been hanging out with Bryce so much. I think she's been kind of living in denial and telling herself that Hannah lied about it all on the tape, but not that Clay is pushing the subject she is starting to remember what really happened.

I believe Jessica's subconscious knew the whole time, hence the destructive behavior begins... the constant drinking, wanting to push the edge more... as its becoming more clear to her that it wasn't Justin that night... it was someone else. But believes Justin when he says it was him. I think the tapes and her memory coming back begins to chip away at the fake and she begins to hate herself more and more. Acting out. Needing help but won't take it from those who want to offer it.
purple_hayes

13 Reasons Why | Netflix

Postby purple_hayes » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:28 am

cwilkins88 wrote:I'm always more concerned that he won't tell Hannah's parents. I couldn't live with myself knowing they are basically dying inside and you have all the answers

Tony is trying to honor his friend's dying wishes. He's been involved with Hannah's parents the whole time. He gives them nuggets of info. i believe he will do the right thing. He already has steered away from the path Hannah wanted with his involvement with Clay. I think Tony wants the journey to be over, as he has been the keeper of the tapes.
Tyler
Owner

Re: 13 Reasons Why | Netflix

Postby Tyler » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:05 pm

10. Between 9 and 10 I realized Jeff wasn't in any present day scenes. This episode was about his accident. Very sad stuff. Jeff was the only nice person in the school. Would cops have tested his blood for alcohol regardless? They can't just assume he was drunk even though there was good evidence for it.

Clay's tape is next!
Tyler
Owner

Re: 13 Reasons Why | Netflix

Postby Tyler » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:12 pm

11. No real shocker that Clay didn't actually do anything horrible to Hannah. The worst thing he did was leave when Hannah told him to leave.

One thing that confuses me. Justin, Marcus, etc kept telling Clay he couldnt let the tapes be leaked because Clay was also on them. Was that them just trying to scare Clay? Clay's tape was nothing compared to the other ones. He should WANT the tapes to be public.
Tyler
Owner

13 Reasons Why | Netflix

Postby Tyler » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:10 pm

I didn't think Bryce would do that to her too. Is it Bryce in the amberlamps?
Erin

13 Reasons Why | Netflix

Postby Erin » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:43 am

I just started this last night. The teen drama/angst is a bit annoying, so I'm on the fence about if I want to continue. I made it halfway through ep2 before falling asleep. I don't want to spoil it too much- but does it get better?
Tyler
Owner

13 Reasons Why | Netflix

Postby Tyler » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:53 pm

Erin wrote:Source of the post I just started this last night. The teen drama/angst is a bit annoying, so I'm on the fence about if I want to continue. I made it halfway through ep2 before falling asleep. I don't want to spoil it too much- but does it get better?

Yes. I was also on the fence because of the angst as well, but the story really hooks into you.
Tyler
Owner

13 Reasons Why | Netflix

Postby Tyler » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:23 pm

Finished the show.
► Show Spoiler

They introduced some new things which I assume will go to a season 1. I was hoping they would wrap it all up, but the Tyler stuff and even Bryce will have to carry on to a new season. I am curious how the book ended and if there were more of them.

Return to “Shows”