13 Reasons Why | Netflix

Discuss your favorite shows
Tyler
Owner

13 Reasons Why | Netflix

Postby Tyler » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:57 am

Most unrealistic part of this show. A family of 3 waking up at the same time and enjoying a full breakfast together.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

13 Reasons Why | Netflix

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:38 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Most unrealistic part of this show. A family of 3 waking up at the same time and enjoying a full breakfast together.

Right lol.
Tyler
Owner

Re: 13 Reasons Why | Netflix

Postby Tyler » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:36 am

I saw a teacher post this on FB. Valid criticism

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opin ... story.html
Tag

13 Reasons Why | Netflix

Postby Tag » Mon May 01, 2017 9:55 pm

watched this in 3 days. Super addicting. The guy who had the other sets of tapes, reminded me so much of Bruno Mars.

Anyways,

I Really like it. only two gripes are

1- clay didnt need a tape, clay is/was awesome. Him and a girl he liked got intimate, she changed her mind (by no fault of either of them) and told him to leave, and he asked for explanation and she reiterated you need to leave and he apologized.----in my opinion he could not have done it any better. Being up in a room alone in that situation leaves him vulnerable then say hes testifies and they say did she ask you to stop? multiple times? ect. Clay didnt do anything wrong. I don't see it as him needing a tape.

2- the hot tub scene. before i say another word, anything i say after this sentence does not 1 billionth of a percent excuse what he did, he undoubtedly is the one COMPLETELY in the wrong and should be in jail for it. BUT.. with her knowing he has raped in the past (literally witnessed herself) how did she let herself into that position to be in the backyard, in her under garments, alone, in a hot tub? Again, doesnt excuse but also you need to protect yourself... Reminded me of the story of The scorpion and the frog in a way. Anyways, when the other two couples got out get out with the last one or the first and then if he grabs you theyll see and tell him to back off.
-Tag
*Formerly known as Slumdog Billionaire

As Pat from Silver Linings Playbook says... "I've got nothing but love for you, brother."
Tag

13 Reasons Why | Netflix

Postby Tag » Mon May 01, 2017 9:56 pm

thoughts on counselor ? obviously (as always could have done more) but our lunch convos seems to be split on if he was big part of reason or if he did a reasonable amount to help
-Tag

As Pat from Silver Linings Playbook says... "I've got nothing but love for you, brother."
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

13 Reasons Why | Netflix

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue May 02, 2017 9:21 am

Tag wrote:Source of the post thoughts on counselor ? obviously (as always could have done more) but our lunch convos seems to be split on if he was big part of reason or if he did a reasonable amount to help

She was playing the counselor. He tried, but she had already made up her mind. He should've maybe silenced his phone though.
Tyler
Owner

13 Reasons Why | Netflix

Postby Tyler » Wed May 03, 2017 7:05 am

Agree with you mostly Tag.
Clay's tape shouldn't have existed or should have been first so he didn't listen to 9 before and beat himself up thinking he did something horrible.

Counselor could have handled the situation better, but I'm not sure what he could have done to convince Hannah not to take her own life. He couldn't promise her that her abuser would go to prison.

No real comment on the hot tub scene. I agree Hannah could have done things to prevent the rape, but that doesn't make her any less a victim.
Tag

13 Reasons Why | Netflix

Postby Tag » Wed May 03, 2017 6:31 pm

yeah that was my fear even bringing up the hot tub in fear that it wouldnt be portrayed how i meant it. He is 100% at fault, she is 100% the victim. I am in no way discrediting that.

All I'm saying is, for the same reason I dont walk around downtown house with a 100 dollar bill in my hand, is the guy who comes ans takes it from me stealing? you bet but being safe can in turn keep her safe.

-She had literally seen him rape someone
-She got into a hot tub with him, in her bra/panties
-She let herself be alone not only in the hot tub with him but in the entire back yard

Just keeping yourself out of bad situations helps
-Tag

cwilkins88
Top Contributor

13 Reasons Why | Netflix

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed May 03, 2017 7:19 pm

Tag wrote:yeah that was my fear even bringing up the hot tub in fear that it wouldnt be portrayed how i meant it. He is 100% at fault, she is 100% the victim. I am in no way discrediting that.

All I'm saying is, for the same reason I dont walk around downtown house with a 100 dollar bill in my hand, is the guy who comes ans takes it from me stealing? you bet but being safe can in turn keep her safe.

-She had literally seen him rape someone
-She got into a hot tub with him, in her bra/panties
-She let herself be alone not only in the hot tub with him but in the entire back yard

Just keeping yourself out of bad situations helps

She was purposefully putting herself in bad situations. She couldn't have known that's how the hot tub would play out in a public place, but making out with the girl when she knows that guy was photographing her in the window. That seemed a little silly as well.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Tag

13 Reasons Why | Netflix

Postby Tag » Thu May 04, 2017 6:17 pm

"public place" aka his back yard? and when 2nd to last person is getting ready to leave, why didnt she?
-Tag

cwilkins88
Top Contributor

13 Reasons Why | Netflix

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu May 04, 2017 7:56 pm

Tag wrote:"public place" aka his back yard? and when 2nd to last person is getting ready to leave, why didnt she?

Well. I mean public as in the beginning there was a lot of people there. I would've peace out as soon as the crowd was under 5

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Erin

13 Reasons Why | Netflix

Postby Erin » Mon May 08, 2017 7:36 am

I'm curious about what angle they will use for season 2. It got so popular that I was guessing they'd make at least one follow up season.
Tyler
Owner

13 Reasons Why | Netflix

Postby Tyler » Mon May 08, 2017 7:44 am

Erin wrote:Source of the post I'm curious about what angle they will use for season 2. It got so popular that I was guessing they'd make at least one follow up season.

I really hope it doesn't follow Tyler as he shoots up the school. The show as been criticized enough for being controversial.
purple_hayes

13 Reasons Why | Netflix

Postby purple_hayes » Mon May 08, 2017 8:45 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
Erin wrote:Source of the post I'm curious about what angle they will use for season 2. It got so popular that I was guessing they'd make at least one follow up season.

I really hope it doesn't follow Tyler as he shoots up the school. The show as been criticized enough for being controversial.

IF they do follow Tyler... I hope they give you 13 Reasons Why they stopped him from doing it. Maybe do some happy stuff. There is an article some high school did a list of '13 Reasons Why Not' lets try that this time.
Erin

13 Reasons Why | Netflix

Postby Erin » Mon May 08, 2017 2:21 pm

I really like the idea of "why NOT." That's a bit how it wrapped up- Clay reaching out to the girl who cuts herself, Jessica opening up to her Dad... I feel like a school shooting would just backslide the progress they were starting to make.
Tyler
Owner

13 Reasons Why | Netflix

Postby Tyler » Mon May 08, 2017 2:37 pm

Erin wrote:Source of the post I feel like a school shooting would just backslide the progress they were starting to make

Totally agree. That's basically like saying you shouldn't pick on someone because you don't want them to shoot you when they attack the school.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

13 Reasons Why | Netflix

Postby DannyFanny » Mon May 15, 2017 9:11 am

My biggest gripe of the show. In the first or second episode Clay gets an attendance sheet all teachers have to sign every single day. Clay proceeds to skip class and be late every single day... so there's that.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: 13 Reasons Why | Netflix

Postby Tyler » Mon May 15, 2017 9:33 am

DannyFanny wrote:My biggest gripe of the show. In the first or second episode Clay gets an attendance sheet all teachers have to sign every single day. Clay proceeds to skip class and be late every single day... so there's that.

Lol. I completely forgot about that by the next scene. His school seems really organized
purple_hayes

13 Reasons Why | Netflix

Postby purple_hayes » Tue May 16, 2017 7:44 am

Tyler wrote:Totally agree. That's basically like saying you shouldn't pick on someone because you don't want them to shoot you when they attack the school.

That does seem totally plausible. I mean, I try to be nice to everyone so that when they are shooting up work or a school that I can walk right up to them and be like... "yo, you can't shoot me... I was nice to you".

Um... I'm thinking that if they have gone off that deep end enough to go shooting up the place that it won't matter who is nice to them or not.

If they do go down that route, I find it odd that Tyler showed no outward signs to his other classmates. The viewer only knows because of the parts where Tyler is alone. I believe in many of the student shooters, they have left notes or spoken out about wanting everyone dead. They show more signs of wanting to commit violence. Tyler's character has been bullied because he is a creepy stalker. I hope they choose another path for this school in season 2.

Return to “Shows”