Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Preacher on AMC - Season 2

Discuss your favorite shows
goldenrod

Postby goldenrod » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:14 pm

I am excited for this. Even tho my wife still doesn't understand what happened season 1.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:29 am

I am too. I kinda forgot about this show until I saw commercials for it recently but I really liked season 1.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:53 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post am too. I kinda forgot about this show until I saw commercials for it recently but I really liked season 1.

I have the comics in digital form if you want them.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:16 pm

This started last night. On the DVR but not sure when I'll get a chance to watch.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Preacher on AMC - Season 2

Postby Tyler » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:17 pm

wags83 wrote:This started last night. On the DVR but not sure when I'll get a chance to watch.

That snuck up on us. I'll watch eventually, but it's last on the priority list
wags83

Postby wags83 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:46 am

Watched the first episode last night. They did a two episode opening weekend so there's still episode 2 on the DVR. I really like this show, it's a lot of fun even though it's very strange.

Cowboy from hell is the "Saint of Killers" and can't be affected by Preacher's Genesis voice.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:00 am

The cowboy is awesome. Episode 2 was also really good. The other angel has lost his marbles.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:04 am

I already forgot this show was back. I'll try to watch some episodes next week during my lunch break.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:10 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I already forgot this show was back. I'll try to watch some episodes next week during my lunch break.

It's funny that it's so easily forgotten, when it's one of the better written shows.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:06 am

My favorite part of the episode was the Grindhouse car chase and covered cage. The girl didn't want help out of the cage, she just wanted her phone. The minister was trying to cure her of a phone addiction. "Please help me. Give me my phone so I can call for help!" At the time I was confused why she requested that instead of just being let out of the cage.

Another highlight was watching Cassidy on the CCTV while Preacher was talking to the club owner.

This show is pretty graphic. I think the gore is probably in line with TWD, but here the violence is begin applied to people, not zombies. I wish Mythbusters were still on so they could try siphoning gas through intestines

The Saint of Killers looks exactly like the comics. He looks the same as last year, I've just forgotten how they nailed it. Cassidy is also great casting.

"For Steve" at the end is dedicated to the comic book artist. He died last October.

A lot of hints to Jesse's up bringing this episode. Why wasn't his family invited to a wedding?! (I know)
Tyler
Owner

Re: Preacher on AMC - Season 2

Postby Tyler » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:45 pm

203 airs tonight, but I'm watching 202.

Last week I had a feeling the guy from the commerical was going to be the angel.

This episode has a shocking amount of drug usage for TV. All of the deaths were also disturbing, both the ones on the stage and all the innocent bystanders that Jesse keeps getting killed.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:37 am

Man, this show is much more satisfying for me than last season. If you thought episode two was disturbing, wait until the intro scene to 203.

I loved episode 3. The dog was weird though .
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:35 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Man, this show is much more satisfying for me than last season. If you thought episode two was disturbing, wait until the intro scene to 203.

I loved episode 3. The dog was weird though .

Yeah...that intro was pretty tough to watch. People called Eugene a murderer in s01, do they not believe his story about what happened? I thought he somehow tried killing himself and she got caught in the crossfire.

Dog was very weird and a waste of 5 minutes, unless it comes up again later in the episode, I only watched the first 15 minutes.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:51 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post I loved episode 3. The dog was weird though .

Best part of 203 was introducing the agents that are going to be working against Preacher. I was excited when she pulled off the wig and revealed that haircut. She was also in Fargo and Better Call Saul.

Guy with the scar and messed up eye is also a classic character from the comics.

Eugene stuff is...interesting? He was a good lookin' kid before the whole accident.

Not sure what Tulip is doing, who puts $5 of quarters into a machine like that?
wags83

Postby wags83 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:43 pm

I don't know why I like this show so much because I never know what's going on, but it still love it. It was funny how rather than being horrified that they just saw a man get murdered, the crowd booed instead.

Was the bearded guy at the jazz club actually God? "It's the end of the world, man"
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:51 pm

wags83 wrote:Source of the post Was the bearded guy at the jazz club actually God? "It's the end of the world, man"

Nah, that was George RR Martin

f'real doughs, I don't think it was
wags83

Postby wags83 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:21 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Nah, that was George RR Martin

Lol, that's exactly who I thought of.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:12 pm

Was I just tricked into feeling bad for Hitler?

Great Frankie Muniz cameo.

Cassidy is great and gets all the best lines. I love his Goodwill bargin bin outfits too. He's been wearing the same girl butterfly shirt for 2 episodes.
"White suits? I don't know, Pardre, sounds pretty fake to me."
"It's Game of Thrones"

Uptown Girl fight scene was highlight of the episode. I liked the one shot look to it. I also like Jesse just walking in and completely taking over. I knew the headphone stuff would pay off like that when it first showed him listening to music.

Could Eugene's machine be on the fritz because he doesn't belong there? Same reason the whole block isn't working?

Return to “Shows”