Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Preacher on AMC - Season 2

Discuss your favorite shows
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:14 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post 204
Was I just tricked into feeling bad for Hitler?

Great Frankie Muniz cameo.

Cassidy is great and gets all the best lines. I love his Goodwill bargin bin outfits too. He's been wearing the same girl butterfly shirt for 2 episodes.
"White suits? I don't know, Pardre, sounds pretty fake to me."
"It's Game of Thrones"

Uptown Girl fight scene was highlight of the episode. I liked the one shot look to it. I also like Jesse just walking in and completely taking over. I knew the headphone stuff would pay off like that when it first showed him listening to music.

Could Eugene's machine be on the fritz because he doesn't belong there? Same reason the whole block isn't working?

Lol I believe you were tricked. I loved that whole sequence of scenes. Cassidy has the cheapest wardrobe of any show ever.

I think something will happen and Eugene will come back a badass.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:17 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post I think something will happen and Eugene will come back a badass.

Will he also be after Jesse then?

Speaking of people after Jesse...it wouldn't be so bad having a murder following you around forever if he is forced to walk everywhere? What happens if you cross an ocean? Does he walk on the ocean floor or can he take a ship?
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:22 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post I think something will happen and Eugene will come back a badass.

Will he also be after Jesse then?

Speaking of people after Jesse...it wouldn't be so bad having a murder following you around forever if he is forced to walk everywhere? What happens if you cross an ocean? Does he walk on the ocean floor or can he take a ship?

It's like the movie 'It Follows'. Thats exactly what the monster was. It's worse because you never could know when its coming. I imagine he doggy paddles, because its funnier.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:38 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Thats exactly what the monster was. It's worse because you never could know when its coming

Fly XXXX miles away. Use Google Maps to check how long it would take to walk there. Leave before then.

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post I imagine he doggy paddles, because its funnier.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:
wags83

Postby wags83 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:39 am

Tyler wrote:204
Was I just tricked into feeling bad for Hitler?

Great Frankie Muniz cameo.

Cassidy is great and gets all the best lines. I love his Goodwill bargin bin outfits too. He's been wearing the same girl butterfly shirt for 2 episodes.
"White suits? I don't know, Pardre, sounds pretty fake to me."
"It's Game of Thrones"

Uptown Girl fight scene was highlight of the episode. I liked the one shot look to it. I also like Jesse just walking in and completely taking over. I knew the headphone stuff would pay off like that when it first showed him listening to music.

Could Eugene's machine be on the fritz because he doesn't belong there? Same reason the whole block isn't working?

Werd to the Hitler part. You kinda start sympathizing with him the same way Eugene does. Then you realize, "wait, that's Hitler. Fuck that guy" in the same way that Eugene does.

I was also thinking that about his Hell cell. They're going to realize he isn't supposed to be there but I'm not sure what's going to come of that.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Preacher on AMC - Season 2

Postby Tyler » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:48 am

I don't think that's the realization Eugene had. I think he started beating Hitler because the warden lady said he has to start acting bad or he gets the hole. Eugene looked at the security camera and then decided to kick him. I think Eugene would have beat any person in that position, Hitler or not.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:33 pm

Tyler wrote:I don't think that's the realization Eugene had. I think he started beating Hitler because the warden lady said he has to start acting bad or he gets the hole. Eugene looked at the security camera and then decided to kick him. I think Eugene would have beat any person in that position, Hitler or not.

Agreed with this
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:16 pm

Just finished the newest episode. I'll post full thoughts later. In the meantime, what happened to Carlos last season?
wags83

Postby wags83 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:49 am

I watched it last night too. I remember finding out where Carlos was is what brought Tulip back to Jesse but I don't remember what they did. I feel like I remember them finding him and him being in the trunk of a car but I might have made that up.

Jesse is using Genesis way too much and the Saint of Killers is gonna git 'im!
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:56 am

Cassidy showing a different side by trying to turn Jesse and Tulip against each other. He wanted Jesse to kill her husband so she could break them up and runaway with Tulip.
Right, that's how you guys read it? The creator of the show said that wasn't the intent.

Pretty twisted that you thought Tulip couldn't get pregnant after losing the baby, but really she was preventing it from happening.

wags83 wrote:Source of the post I remember finding out where Carlos was is what brought Tulip back to Jesse but I don't remember what they did. I feel like I remember them finding him and him being in the trunk of a car but I might have made that up.

All I remember is a trunk as well.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:59 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Right, that's how you guys read it?

I guess I didn't read it that way. I thought Cassidy was genuinely trying to be a friend to Jesse.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:11 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post I guess I didn't read it that way. I thought Cassidy was genuinely trying to be a friend to Jesse.

Tulip to Cass: If Jesse kills him I am going to leave him.
Cass to Jesse: Do what you gotta do. Tulip loves you. She won't leave you.

Mixed signals!
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:42 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
wags83 wrote:Source of the post I guess I didn't read it that way. I thought Cassidy was genuinely trying to be a friend to Jesse.

Tulip to Cass: If Jesse kills him I am going to leave him.
Cass to Jesse: Do what you gotta do. Tulip loves you. She won't leave you.

Mixed signals!

Or he's trying to steal her away!
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:35 pm

This show is even weirder than the comics. The comics doesn't have the used soul business and Jesse's family is known in the community for a different reason.

Shocking reveal that Dennis is Cassidy's son. How was he able to explain all that and that he is an ageless vampire if they don't even speak the same language?
French parts:
9 minutes in; while Cass tries to tie Denis's shoe lace "Get out of there!" "Because I need your pity?! Because I need you to take care of me!!?" "I'm not a child, I dont need you to do my laces."
21 minutes in; Denis on the phone with Cass "Hello" "Cassidy? But how did you get my number? It's you who broke the door? You will have to pay for it you know!" After the screaming its hard to hear, i think he says something about his medicine falling on the floor, but he clearly says: "Help!" and "I'm begging you!"

Jesse and the Saint will now be linked together forever. You know for a fact he will be making it out of that truck next season and finding those guns. He should have told him "never leave this lake and never come after me again or do anything bad and stop killing people".
Thank goodness that library had his completely life story on audio book. So meta that they showed the Saint of Killers comic for his back story.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:22 pm

Watching newest episode now. Lolz at Vietnamese kid with a "falcons 2017 super bowl champions" shirt.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:16 pm

wags83 wrote:Source of the post Watching newest episode now. Lolz at Vietnamese kid with a "falcons 2017 super bowl champions" shirt.

Herr Starr was borderline too much for me in the comics, I think it translates even worse to the silver screen. He is just too over the top with his looks, words, and actions. Comes off as cheesy and stupid to me. I see a lot of people on Reddit who read the comics and are loving it though.

I liked watching the trio scam the gun guys. Cassidy was enjoying it a little too much though.

A lot of time spend on Tulip. Some of those dreams were spooky!

Was that Hawking talking at the end to a reporter, implying he is part of the Grail?

Corgi anti-christ shirt Cass was wearing
https://flyingcoffin.com/collections/al ... hound-pink
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:56 pm

I havent posted about the last few episodes that I've seen. Like I've said before, I read all the comics but the show is kind of going off the deep end for me. I'll finish out this season for sure, but too early to say about next year. If I had to make time for this at home I wouldn't be watching. I take a long lunch once a week at work and watch it that way.

Don't worry. I watch on my own tablet. Wouldn't want this filth showing up anywhere
wags83

Postby wags83 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:03 pm

I'm a couple episodes behind. I still enjoy it, I just seem to run out of time to watch it and I prioritized catching up on The Strain over this.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:47 pm

All caught up including the newest one. This week's episode might be the most blasphemous yet!
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:21 am

You caught up and I'm falling behind. I won't have time this week to dedicate a lunch break to Preacher. I'll get around to it eventually

Return to “Shows”