Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Mystery Science Theater 3000

Discuss your favorite shows
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Postby Blue Jackets » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:36 am

This came back on Friday to Netflix. Jonah Ray from Nerdist fame is the new human character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ct0Z2bQndM
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:13 am

I think I was a little too young to really latch onto this when it was new. I remember watching it for the first time and being so confused about the silhouettes in front of the movie. I thought they were funny, but I didn't understand what was going on.
SleepyChimera

Postby SleepyChimera » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:08 am

I cant do audio atm, but can someone give me the rundown of what this is about? I see tons of my fb friends raving about it.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:48 am

SleepyChimera wrote:Source of the post I cant do audio atm, but can someone give me the rundown of what this is about? I see tons of my fb friends raving about it.

First, are you familiar with MST3K?
It's a rift-track basically. Characters watch an entire movie and make jokes during it. There is a loose plot around the characters that are watching the movie. The movies they watch are all old B-grade scifi flicks.

A Kickstarter was created last year to bring the show back. It got a lot of attention and somehow Netflix ended up with the rebooted series.
bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:02 pm

I loved this show. My dad and I would watch it every Saturday. I did try to ratch some of the old ones but it's not as fun watching it alone

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:17 pm

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post I loved this show. My dad and I would watch it every Saturday. I did try to ratch some of the old ones but it's not as fun watching it alone

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Good thing you had a kid!
SleepyChimera

Postby SleepyChimera » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:33 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post First, are you familiar with MST3K?It's a rift-track basically. Characters watch an entire movie and make jokes during it. There is a loose plot around the characters that are watching the movie. The movies they watch are all old B-grade scifi flicks. A Kickstarter was created last year to bring the show back. It got a lot of attention and somehow Netflix ended up with the rebooted series.

Nope I've never seen it previously. So basically its like sitting in the back of a theater watching B flicks and listening to people crack jokes?
bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:59 pm

SleepyChimera wrote:
Tyler wrote:Source of the post First, are you familiar with MST3K?It's a rift-track basically. Characters watch an entire movie and make jokes during it. There is a loose plot around the characters that are watching the movie. The movies they watch are all old B-grade scifi flicks. A Kickstarter was created last year to bring the show back. It got a lot of attention and somehow Netflix ended up with the rebooted series.

Nope I've never seen it previously. So basically its like sitting in the back of a theater watching B flicks and listening to people crack jokes?

Yep. It's a fun show
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri May 05, 2017 9:55 am

Have you watched any more Brad?
bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Fri May 05, 2017 2:34 pm

Tyler wrote:Have you watched any more Brad?

Nope, probably won't either. It's not fun to watch alone

Return to “Shows”