Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Big Mouth | Netflix | adult animated show

Discuss your favorite shows
Blue Jackets

Postby Blue Jackets » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:50 am

I've seen it mentioned here a bit. This show is great.

Teenage friends find their lives upended by the wonders and horrors of puberty.

Stars: Nick Kroll, John Mulaney, Fred Armisen, Jessi Klien, Jason Mantzoukas, Jordan Peele, Maya Rudolph, Jenny Slate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk_BoK0OwZs
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:06 am

I'm going to start watching this thanks to Danny.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:51 pm

I thought this was terrible. Idk why, but I just thought it tried too hard. I won't even give. Second episode a shot.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:03 am

I watched the first episode as well. Even with Danny's warning, I wasn't prepared for it to be this raunchy. It is a different kind of adult cartoon compared to BoJack. BoJack is adult themes whereas this is R-rated d*ck jokes. The pilot made me a laugh a few times though and I will keep watching. My favorite part is just the idea of a puberty monster, that is hilarious to me.
Watson2000

Postby Watson2000 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:26 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post I thought this was terrible. Idk why, but I just thought it tried too hard. I won't even give. Second episode a shot.

I think this might be a watch with friends kind of thing. I was at a friends place to watch movies, and we started episode one while waiting for someone to show up, and before we knew it, five hours had gone by when we finished episode 10. You're missing out on episode 2, as the female hormone monster is introduced, and her wants/desires/instructions will prepare you for your daughters. And episode 5 left me with my cheeks hurting from laughing (I'll let you decide which cheeks...) Episode 6 was meh, but I really enjoyed all the others.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:32 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post My favorite part is just the idea of a puberty monster, that is hilarious to me.

I always think the puberty monster sounds like a Will Arnett type.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Big Mouth | Netflix | adult animated show

Postby Tyler » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:53 pm

DannyFanny wrote:
I always think the puberty monster sounds like a Will Arnett type.

I watched Monsters vs Aliens over the weekend and he voices The Missing Link. It's hard to hear that voice and not think BoJack, for some reason it doesn't sound like Lego Batman to me
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Big Mouth | Netflix | adult animated show

Postby Tyler » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:29 pm

Watson2000 wrote:
cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post I thought this was terrible. Idk why, but I just thought it tried too hard. I won't even give. Second episode a shot.

I think this might be a watch with friends kind of thing. I was at a friends place to watch movies, and we started episode one while waiting for someone to show up, and before we knew it, five hours had gone by when we finished episode 10. You're missing out on episode 2, as the female hormone monster is introduced, and her wants/desires/instructions will prepare you for your daughters. And episode 5 left me with my cheeks hurting from laughing (I'll let you decide which cheeks...) Episode 6 was meh, but I really enjoyed all the others.
I just watched episode 2. I bet you're right that it's a lot funnier with friends. Episode 2 had me laughing at the way end when her hormone monster showed up and started telling her what to do. I'll keep watching the show

A problem I do have is I think all of Kroll's characters sound basically the same, and he voices almost half of them in the show.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:20 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post A problem I do have is I think all of Kroll's characters sound basically the same, and he voices almost half of them in the show.

Including the hormone monster.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:44 pm

I finished this. It was funny at times, but I don't think I would recommend it unless you were watching with a group of like minded friends. A lot of it was just dumb to me, but if you had a friend laughing at something dumb I bet it would be contagious and everyone would enjoy it.

Wilkins quit after the first episode and I won't be telling him to give it another chance. I doubt I check out s02 unless I'm desperate for a 30 minute show.
Wallinguana

Postby Wallinguana » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:31 pm

This was big on the last underway. Someone downloaded it and we watched it multiple times.

Return to “Shows”