Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Time: The Kalief Browder Story

Discuss your favorite shows
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:32 pm

This is on Netflix now. Started watching tonight. 6x 42min episodes.

It's almost like the real life version of The Night Of.

TIME: The Kalief Browder Story is a six-part documentary series about a 16-year-old student from the Bronx who spent three years on Rikers Island without ever being convicted of a crime.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Time: The Kalief Browder Story

Postby Tyler » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:26 am

We watched 2 more of these last night. It's heartbreaking. A 17 year old kid spends a majority of his time in prison in solitary confinement. All for a crime he was 100% innocent of. The defense didn't even have a witness/victim to testify and they kept him locked up. Poor kid tried killing himself 3 times as a means to escape his abuse/torture. The system wanted him to just admit guilt to a crime he didn't do but he was standing his ground.

And he wasn't wrongfully convicted of the crime. He spent 3 years in jail just waiting a trial because he couldn't afford bail.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:40 am

That's super sad. Why were prosecutors so adamant that he did it? Just because they didn't have any other suspect?
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:44 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post And he wasn't wrongfully convicted of the crime. He spent 3 years in jail just waiting a trial because he couldn't afford bail.

We should start a business that posts bail for people like this, in the meantime, we get a contract to deduct the wages they would have gotten working anyway. win win?

Also, I should probably watch this
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Time: The Kalief Browder Story

Postby Tyler » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:06 am

wags83 wrote:That's super sad. Why were prosecutors so adamant that he did it? Just because they didn't have any other suspect?
Because the paranoid victim pointed him out to police weeks after his back pack was taken. Victim later moved back to Mexico
wags83

Postby wags83 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:09 am

Man, how do you even go on once everything is sorted out. You lost so much of your life. I would imagine a massive lawsuit? But was what happened illegal? I have so many questions, I should just watch this.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:53 am

Watched part of episode 5 last night. He gets out and to no one's surprise he is having a hard time adjusting to life outside of jail. I don't think this show is going to have a happy ending.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Time: The Kalief Browder Story

Postby Tyler » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:35 pm

We finished this tonight. Heart breaking story every step of the way. Highly recommend this series and don't want to talk about it in detail until more see it.

Return to “Shows”